Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by warangel88 (View Post)
Honestly I don't really see the connection everybody is claiming that Mary and Bash have.
I don't see it either.. Maybe we're blinded by how hot Francis is. lol
Old 12-01-2013, 07:39 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewall (View Post)
I know chemistry is subjective, but it's definitely difficult to understand how someone could not see/feel the intense M/F sparks. Especially since they come in multiple flavors: angst-ridden, passionate, flirty & romantic, nostalgic, etc. etc.

I can't get into Mary/Bash because of how not-into-it Mary seems.
MTE, Frary is so full of emotions and difficulties and duty and passion and everything and then you get Mash and to me is flavorless, but then again there's nothing written in stone when it comes to shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
and the corset scene

TBH I'd probably scream...
I would too that and faint.

Quote:
But what Adelaide tweeted in regards that scene is correct. Personally I think the real problem with the fans is the fact their thinking is to modern day. Not to mention their is some that Francis deserves to be cheated on, and would probably cheer Mary on if it does happen. Which I find to be hypocritical.
People do seem to forget that even though this show is historical fiction, it is set in a certain era and that there are a few things here and there that they can't actually change that much, specially regards the way woman were treated back then, if they could forget all about that Francis and Mary would've had sex in 1x04 but they can't she is a Queen and her virtue is important and so is her reputation.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvd-love (View Post)
What corset scene?

Boo! I can't change my icon until after I've made 100 posts. Gotta wait
Keep posting here and you'll be there in no time!!

It's just an unlikely scene some of us are hoping for. Some of the scenes from the intro sequence have turned out to be actual scenes from episodes so we're hoping this part

will actually happen and that it's FM. Because it looks like Mary and a guy untying her corset.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
What corset scene?
It's in the intro. In one of the scenes a dark haired woman wearing a corset, and it looks like somebody is taking it off.

Quote:
People do seem to forget that even though this show is historical fiction, it is set in a certain era and that there are a few things here and there that they can't actually change that much, specially regards the way woman were treated back then, if they could forget all about that Francis and Mary would've had sex in 1x04 but they can't she is a Queen and her virtue is important and so is her reputation.
This right here. I've been saying this constantly, and it usually causes arguments. With remarks saying that if its okay with Francis to have other women, then Mary should get the chance to explore with other men as well

Um no. Whether or not she falls in love with Bash and/or pursue an affair with him. Nothing good can come of it in the long run. For one, it can probably cause her to lose her alliance with France, and potentially any other alliance she may seek out.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:45 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bree347 (View Post)

will actually happen and that it's fm. Because it looks like mary and a guy untying her corset.
that ring damn it!

Old 12-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Master Fan

When I see people say "Bash appreciates Mary more!!!!11 Francis doesn't deserve her" my eyes roll so far back in my head I can see my brain cells dying
Old 12-01-2013, 07:50 PM
Passionate Fan

Oh I see. I would die of happiness if it happens
Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bree347 (View Post)
When I see people say "Bash appreciates Mary more!!!!11 Francis doesn't deserve her" my eyes roll so far back in my head I can see my brain cells dying
this is me whenever a Mash post creeps into my dash because people don't seem to be able to tag stuff properly.

Old 12-01-2013, 07:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
I don't know if I would necessary call Bash safe. Considering the possible consequences of what might happen to her if she ever has an affair with him, and people find out about it.
I meant emotionally safe. She was too busy seeing through her I-only-have-eyes-for-Francis goggles to realize how dangerous messing with Francis' brother could be... because she wasn't feeling emotional toward Bash, she was feeling emotional toward Francis.

Quote:
Well it's funny because Adelaide actually called Bash the dangerous choice because Mary doesn't see him as an option. That she'll spend time with him thinking it's safe, but then suddenly realise she's in love with him because he's the only one who really gets her.
I agree that this is a possibility. If she lets her guard down because she doesn't think he's an option, then she might end up genuinely falling for him. But, I don't want that to happen, so I'm choosing to ignore this as a possibility. If it becomes a reality of the narrative I'll get back to you.
Old 12-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Arrow

It looks like Marty in that gif.
M♥K Married (9-14-2023) Jin D-49,NJH D-149 OSW D-175, J-Hope D-176, Jinyoung-D-197 JK-D-414

Icon by me. Olicity, BTS, TxT, Enhypen, NJ, &Team, ZB1, CSW D-27 LDH D-385
Old 12-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPauli (View Post)
this is me whenever a Mash post creeps into my dash because people don't seem to be able to tag stuff properly.
I think the fandom needs a specific tag for Bash/Mary/Francis. I get that a lot of people ship both, but in the Francis/Mary tag I only want to see Francis and Mary. Not a flash of BM posts and then 10 bars of notifications from TS telling me it's hiding posts containing "mary x bash".
Old 12-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

another thing that bothers me, is people believe that Francis gets to decide when they are married, and believe he is the one that stalling. When really it is the king.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:01 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsPauli (View Post)
that ring damn it!
That is totally Francis's ring and hand.

Bree, I'm with you, lets have hope.
Old 12-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
another thing that bothers me, is people believe that Francis gets to decide when they are married, and believe he is the one that stalling. When really it is the king.
it probably comes back from when way in the promo Francis didn't want the marriage and the king seemingly did... IDK, but other than that they are just kind of out there
Old 12-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosemary_G (View Post)
That is totally Francis's ring and hand.

Bree, I'm with you, lets have hope.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread