tftnt

Old 02-17-2014, 12:33 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

I really hope we get the stills soon
Old 02-17-2014, 12:56 PM
Elite Fan

tftnt, Bree! Awww, he sees a future for them quite clearly.

Stills-watch continues...
Old 02-17-2014, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

hi can i be added to the list?
I know better
But I still feel you all around icon
Old 02-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Moderator Manager

Moderator of ...
Info Center

Quote:
Originally Posted by fall like stars (View Post)

Hi Welcome to the thread. Bree will add you soon
Old 02-17-2014, 01:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
welcome! added you.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:08 PM
Ultimate Fan

Welcome! We discuss spoilers here. If you'd rather be spoiler free, you can join the thread on the main board. http://www.fanforum.com/f426/%E2%99%...0%9D-63116336/

I love you because you're my best friend
J&M
and I want to grow old with you.
Old 02-17-2014, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Star

Moderator of ...
Nancy Drew

Quote:
Welcome shauna
Old 02-17-2014, 01:38 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Welcome!

Icon: Jessiegabriela
Old 02-17-2014, 01:52 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Hey welcome. Here's some Frary love

"My Angel"- Queen Victoria
My Queen - Prince Albert
Old 02-17-2014, 01:56 PM
Extreme Fan

Hi guys! Thanks for the new thread Bree!

I think you guys are probably right on the timeline for the next few episodes... The only thing that's bothering me is that FM's RL wedding happened on April 19th 1558 (handfasting ceremony at the Louvre) and the church one on April 24th (at Notre-Dame Cathedrale). Which means the timeline could be off since I thought TPTB said they would follow the big dates and not alter those... The fact that in the pilot they only gave 1557 as a beginning date though could mean that the pilot was settled in the summer (since we mostly had sunny episodes) and we're only getting to the winter as you predicted...

But if the wedding does happen on the RL life date, does that mean we're already in April in 1x13 and so there must be some kind of time jump to get to November/December in 1x14-15, etc.. Or is it that they just made their own timeline and therefore we should forget about the real dates... Or could they really postpone the 1x13 wedding to an ulterior date yet again? Like 1x21?!?!

The last option somehow feels plausible with the timeline you guys created with the Twelfth Night plot and the Scots coming to court 1x16-17 because historically Henri II invited the Scots government to come discuss the wedding terms on October 30th 1557 and on the 14th of December, nine deputies from the Scots' parlement came and signed a document that stipulated advantageous conditions for the Scots such as if Marie were to die without an heir, France would provide an heir from a close relative to Francis to become the next King. Henri accepted which led France to naturalizing all Scots as French people and Scots did the same for the French population. These conditions were changed however by the treaty signed by Mary 20 days before her wedding...

Ughhh, this is giving me a headache. Sorry if I'm not clear in my thoughts. I just wanted your view on it? I want the Frary wedding to happen on 1x13 and this thought just occured to me and freaked me out... I need you guys to just reassure me there's no way TPTB would be so mean as to postpone the wedding yet again!!

I'll stop now, I already wrote a lot more than I intended...

ETA: that'll teach me to go and read on historical facts on Frary during a hiatus with almost no spoilers....
Lily | kittiesandbooks | previously Frary4Life

Last edited by lilywang69; 02-17-2014 at 02:10 PM
Old 02-17-2014, 02:22 PM
Addicted Fan

I don't think MF's wedding will be postponed again because the synopsis says it happens "but who would Mary choose"

"My Angel"- Queen Victoria
My Queen - Prince Albert
Old 02-17-2014, 02:37 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilywang69 (View Post)
Hi guys! Thanks for the new thread Bree!

I think you guys are probably right on the timeline for the next few episodes... The only thing that's bothering me is that FM's RL wedding happened on April 19th 1558 (handfasting ceremony at the Louvre) and the church one on April 24th (at Notre-Dame Cathedrale). Which means the timeline could be off since I thought TPTB said they would follow the big dates and not alter those... The fact that in the pilot they only gave 1557 as a beginning date though could mean that the pilot was settled in the summer (since we mostly had sunny episodes) and we're only getting to the winter as you predicted...

But if the wedding does happen on the RL life date, does that mean we're already in April in 1x13 and so there must be some kind of time jump to get to November/December in 1x14-15, etc.. Or is it that they just made their own timeline and therefore we should forget about the real dates... Or could they really postpone the 1x13 wedding to an ulterior date yet again? Like 1x21?!?!

The last option somehow feels plausible with the timeline you guys created with the Twelfth Night plot and the Scots coming to court 1x16-17 because historically Henri II invited the Scots government to come discuss the wedding terms on October 30th 1557 and on the 14th of December, nine deputies from the Scots' parlement came and signed a document that stipulated advantageous conditions for the Scots such as if Marie were to die without an heir, France would provide an heir from a close relative to Francis to become the next King. Henri accepted which led France to naturalizing all Scots as French people and Scots did the same for the French population. These conditions were changed however by the treaty signed by Mary 20 days before her wedding...

Ughhh, this is giving me a headache. Sorry if I'm not clear in my thoughts. I just wanted your view on it? I want the Frary wedding to happen on 1x13 and this thought just occured to me and freaked me out... I need you guys to just reassure me there's no way TPTB would be so mean as to postpone the wedding yet again!!

I'll stop now, I already wrote a lot more than I intended...

ETA: that'll teach me to go and read on historical facts on Frary during a hiatus with almost no spoilers....
I don't think they are going to stick with the April 1558 date on the show. I think we'll have the wedding in December 1557. According to the BTS pic of Ade, Toby and Torr in the graveyard in 113, there's snow on the ground so it doesn't seem like it would be late April. Plus, I don't think there's anyway they'd jump ahead in time to December/winter of 1558-1559 in the very next episode. Our time with Henry and especially Francis is very limited and I just don't see them skipping over eight months of potential story. Plus, they'd be skipping over the first eight months of Frary's marriage and I really don't see Laurie doing that.

Regarding the Scots, well, since that happens before the marriage and I firmly believe they get married in 113, I don't think they'll do that particular story. However, they may put some kind of spin on it for whatever is going on with the Scots in 117. Also, the filming on Friday for 117 was "gruesome and murderous" according to the writers, so looks like they were probably shooting the "Dead Scots" stuff.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread