Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2011, 12:19 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
EE as a couple like this(going on dates, dancing) is the best thing that can happen on the show.
Oh God, you know what you just did? Gave me an idea for another fic. Because I have no other fics going on that need to be updated. Thank you very much

Quote:
Join the club!

Quote:
I know my problem. I was still shipping DE back then. It took me all the way until 2x19 to actually open my eyes and heart to Elijah and EE. Pity, because it was there from the start. 2x08's "BIG MOMENT" was meant to be Damon's confession to Elena. Old news Over it. It's all about EE now!
Same. And now looking back, I don't know how I held onto DE for so long. It's like they completely lost their magic for me. All I feel when I see a DE scene now is: nostalgic if it's a S1 scene, enraged if it's a S2 scene.
dreamywriter19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamywriter19 (View Post)
Oh God, you know what you just did? Gave me an idea for another fic. Because I have no other fics going on that need to be updated. Thank you very much

Same. And now looking back, I don't know how I held onto DE for so long. It's like they completely lost their magic for me. All I feel when I see a DE scene now is: nostalgic if it's a S1 scene, enraged if it's a S2 scene.
YW.
I agree with you. I rewatched DE scenes and s2 scenes did nothing to me. No spark, nothing.
Their scenes were like "Look at this, this is supposed to be romantic and intense"
It couldn't get any more obvious.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:38 PM
Master Fan

^ This. I can't believe we're supposed to ship couples like SE or now DE, when the writers are basically shoving them in our faces and saying: "Look! Are they the definition of ~epic or what?
Old 06-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Supreme Fan

AMEN!

Quote:
I can't believe we're supposed to ship couples like SE or now DE
We're not supposed to do anything. We can ship whomever we want. I've always failed to see what's so "epic" about SE. And DE just totally disturb me now.

EE is such sweet relief from all that mess. Aside from the writing, I'm also tired of the hype from the fanbase. Nothing against anyone personally because I don't know them, but there's some intense fans out there. I love us because we're pretty tight knit. I'd rather have the unconventional ship now. Massive conformity is overrated anyways.
xXSTARwarsROXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 12:56 PM
Loyal Fan

that's why I love the subtlety that is EE. We have to look behind the surface, to see every gesture, every look. That's what makes it so exciting and not this typical SE or DE scene which goes like this

Elena goes to S---> they hug, kiss---> they talk--> they proclaim their epic love

Elena goes to D--> they talk and stare at each others lips---> a touch here, a touch there---> Damon screws up--> Elena is angry---> Damon feels guilty

and then everything starts all over again
Old 06-23-2011, 01:24 PM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
that's why I love the subtlety that is EE. We have to look behind the surface, to see every gesture, every look
Exactly!

It's a vicious cycle with the SE & DE thing, not to mention a predictable one. BORING!

I love the depth of EE. It's so beautiful to look at. They have this mutual understanding and connection that is so fresh. It comes so naturally. It's quite fascinating in contrast to Elena's other relationships. I like the fact that EE is subtle, yet they are layered. And not so obvious. You have to really analyze the beauty for what it is. In my humble opinion, they have the most substance of any other pairing in this series.

Elijah feels compassion for Elena, and that might even be stronger than "love". At this point it's certainly beautiful. He seems to be such a romantic, even if we haven't actually seen that side of him. Once again, dig deep and look what's beyond the surface. The potential is just screaming out. If only they'd take a moment away from fixating on SED.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:30 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shereile (View Post)
that's why I love the subtlety that is EE. We have to look behind the surface, to see every gesture, every look. That's what makes it so exciting and not this typical SE or DE scene which goes like this

Elena goes to S---> they hug, kiss---> they talk--> they proclaim their epic love

Elena goes to D--> they talk and stare at each others lips---> a touch here, a touch there---> Damon screws up--> Elena is angry---> Damon feels guilty

and then everything starts all over again
Not to mention the fact that the writers make Elena forgive them for everything. It makes her come off as weak

Quote:
I love the depth of EE. It's so beautiful to look at. They have this mutual understanding and connection that is so fresh. It comes so naturally. It's quite fascinating in contrast to Elena's other relationships. I like the fact that EE is subtle, yet they are layered. And not so obvious. You have to really analyze the beauty for what it is. In my humble opinion, they have the most substance of any other pairing in this series.

Elijah feels compassion for Elena, and that might even be stronger than love. At this point it's certainly beautiful. He seems to be such a romantic, even if we haven't actually seen that side of him. Once again, dig deep and look what's beyond the surface. The potential is just screaming out. If only they'd take a moment away from fixating on SED.
This.
Old 06-23-2011, 01:31 PM
Loyal Fan

^ This!! I actually don't pay much attention to any looks or gestures between SED, because it's too obvious. All these hugs, kisses and the lip staring gets annoying, because it's the only thing they do to express their attraction. But whenever EE is on screen, I barely blink in fear of missing something.
And they don't even touch which makes it all the more exciting.

Last edited by Shereile; 06-23-2011 at 01:39 PM
Shereile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Supreme Fan

I think what makes EE so appealing in comparison is there isn't physical attraction; it runs beyond that. Well, it might be there, but it's not expressed. Not distinctly anyways. It's not needed at this point because their relationship is built on things much deeper that don't even involve being physically attracted to one another. It's delightfully mature and in its prime, just so utterly amazing. You can't explain it, and that mystery is what makes them so captivating.

It's the beauty of their enchantment.

Forever Flawless OTP will be FLAWLESS FOREVER! They're purely untouchable!

Last edited by xXSTARwarsROXx; 06-23-2011 at 02:11 PM
Old 06-23-2011, 02:06 PM
Master Fan

Agree with all of you They're perfect
Old 06-23-2011, 02:08 PM
Loyal Fan

exactly they just have to look at each other and you feel the connection. It's nothing sexual, it 's nothing like "hey you so damn fine, I'm in love" or "god, you look like Katherine"
He doesn't stare at her lips, she doesn't seek his touch. They simply look and it's magic.

Last edited by Shereile; 06-23-2011 at 02:14 PM
Shereile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

I completely agree with you all about the subtle magic of EE . And now I miss them . Who invented hiatuses anyways?

be pure-hearted & rebel-minded
taylorjoie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 03:39 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Who invented hiatuses anyways?
Srsly. If soap operas can film year-round why can't TVD? I miss my bbs.
Black_Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Loyal Fan

Please, Elijah. Propose to her you two are a match made in heaven.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Who invented hiatuses anyways?
Some sadist who wanted to give the cast and crew a break. Vacations are overrated anyway

All these gifs I'm off for the day, I'm going to try to focus on my new chaper tonight. I want to have it done by tomorrow
Reply   Post New Thread