Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2018, 05:10 PM
Master Fan

He sure does.

I'm about to finish that series up now.

EDIT: Watched the rest of Gale's parts. So sad because when he comes back to the show after his accident, you can clearly see his right hand is badly cut up and bruised. I almost cried when I saw it.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."

Last edited by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS!; 08-27-2018 at 10:34 PM
Old 08-28-2018, 05:47 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
He sure does.

I'm about to finish that series up now.

EDIT: Watched the rest of Gale's parts. So sad because when he comes back to the show after his accident, you can clearly see his right hand is badly cut up and bruised. I almost cried when I saw it.
Awww no, poor guy
Old 08-28-2018, 08:07 AM
Master Fan

It hit me hard. I feel like I care about him like a friend. Which is perhaps pathetic.

You know you're obsessed with QAF when...

Old 08-28-2018, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Star

Gale Harold talks to Metro Source about “Hellcats,” his accident, and the legacy of “Queer as Folk”

Quote:
On his recovery from a serious 2008 motorcycle accident: “I’m perfectly perfect. Actually, I’m 99.9 percent perfect. I was very fortunate. It’s good to know that you can survive a little blip to your well-being and come back. … I recovered pretty quickly. I was sort of back to functioning in a general sense in three months, but I had to play a lot of mind games with myself just to test my cognitive functions and my memory and make sure I wasn’t going to have any gaps. If you’re an actor, you have to be able to memorize a lot of material, and then just be able to let it go; so that was my main concern.”
Old 08-28-2018, 10:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thanks, Deborah, I haven't read this article in a while.

It sounds like it almost took him out, he was in ICU. Forever glad he survived that accident, how scary. And to think, October 14th of this year marks the 10th anniversary since it's happened.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-28-2018, 11:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Thanks, Deborah, I haven't read this article in a while.

It sounds like it almost took him out, he was in ICU. Forever glad he survived that accident, how scary. And to think, October 14th of this year marks the 10th anniversary since it's happened.
10 years is a long time.. and I'm sure he has a second birthday to celebrate.. it is always shocking to hear things like that

no matter what accident people survive.. the time of those people just wasn't up yet.. gladly

icon by Daggi
Old 08-28-2018, 11:37 AM
Master Fan

So, soooo grateful he survived. He had more work to do here, on this planet.

Thanks for sharing.

Old 08-28-2018, 01:25 PM
Extreme Fan

Oh wow poor Gale
Old 08-29-2018, 01:04 PM
Master Fan

You know you're obsessed with QAF when... you immortalize the words of Brian Kinney on your skin, because they changed your whole life. (Pic below)
Spoiler:

Old 08-29-2018, 01:14 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Your tattoo(s) are gorgeous. The colors are very vibrant, and they're so well-done. I'm sure that took lots of time and skill to master, but the output lives up to it all. Thanks for sharing, Chris.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-30-2018, 04:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

That's gorgeous, Chris. How badly did the writing hurt?
Old 08-30-2018, 05:55 AM
Extreme Fan

Amazing, Chris, it's so beautiful!!
Old 08-30-2018, 07:31 AM
Master Fan

Thank you all. It was such a heartwarming feeling to get this one done. A feeling I haven't experienced with any of my others. They're all meaningful to me, but this one is especially so. I had a big smile on my face when I was watching him do it.

Yeah, my tattoo artist is very talented. I never cheat on him. (Plus his name is also Chris, so he gets bonus points. )

The lettering was only painful over my inner thigh. Haha he actually started there and was like, "Sorry, I started at a sensitive spot cause I'm a jerk." But I said that was good and he agreed cause the rest wouldn't be hard. He was like, "I always say, the parts of you that see less sun are the most sensitive."

It's hardly even sore today. He said it's basically the equivalent of just having a long scratch. Lettering apparently heals way faster.

Old 08-30-2018, 08:29 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
Thank you all. It was such a heartwarming feeling to get this one done. A feeling I haven't experienced with any of my others. They're all meaningful to me, but this one is especially so. I had a big smile on my face when I was watching him do it.

Yeah, my tattoo artist is very talented. I never cheat on him. (Plus his name is also Chris, so he gets bonus points. )

The lettering was only painful over my inner thigh. Haha he actually started there and was like, "Sorry, I started at a sensitive spot cause I'm a jerk." But I said that was good and he agreed cause the rest wouldn't be hard. He was like, "I always say, the parts of you that see less sun are the most sensitive."

It's hardly even sore today. He said it's basically the equivalent of just having a long scratch. Lettering apparently heals way faster.
Ouuuuuch!! But I get that--doing the most painful part first so the rest isn't that bad. I think it should heal faster, yeah. I mean, I seem to be the queen of word tattoos
Old 08-30-2018, 10:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I would be too much a coward for doing that. but it really is great

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread