Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2017, 10:49 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Sam Shepard died today. RIP beautiful soul.
These words of his so reminded me of Brian and Justin:
"I hate endings. Just detest them. Beginnings are definitely most exciting, middles are perplexing, and endings are distaster. The tempation towards resolution, towards wrapping up the package, seems to me a terrible trap. Why not be more honest with the moment? The most authentic endings are the oes which are already revolving towards another beginning. That´s genius."
Old 07-31-2017, 11:25 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Sam Shepard died today. RIP beautiful soul.
These words of his so reminded me of Brian and Justin:
"I hate endings. Just detest them. Beginnings are definitely most exciting, middles are perplexing, and endings are distaster. The tempation towards resolution, towards wrapping up the package, seems to me a terrible trap. Why not be more honest with the moment? The most authentic endings are the oes which are already revolving towards another beginning. That´s genius."
This couldn't be anymore true and relevant. May Sam rest in peace.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-05-2017, 08:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Beautiful Brian.

Spoiler:
Old 08-05-2017, 09:11 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11 (View Post)
Beautiful Brian.

Spoiler:
Not only face of god but body of god also
Only if this scene would not be so sad and painful
Old 08-05-2017, 11:00 PM
Ultimate Fan

Although it is so sad I also think it is very well done - the way he just disappears from underneath him. I have never seen a goodbye scene done like that before and I think it's powerful like that - it's more heart wrenching I think to see it happen like that
Old 08-06-2017, 12:28 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Although it is so sad I also think it is very well done - the way he just disappears from underneath him. I have never seen a goodbye scene done like that before and I think it's powerful like that - it's more heart wrenching I think to see it happen like that
Yeah that was very original, I also did not see such goodbye before. Suddenly he his completely alone. I mentioned it already earlier, I think this scene also symbolizes when we see him laid out completely naked and alone (for first time in the series) that Brian is finally able to let in the pain that is always part of joy of loving someone and accept it.
Old 08-06-2017, 11:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Yeah that was very original, I also did not see such goodbye before. Suddenly he his completely alone. I mentioned it already earlier, I think this scene also symbolizes when we see him laid out completely naked and alone (for first time in the series) that Brian is finally able to let in the pain that is always part of joy of loving someone and accept it.
I really love that thought.. I never thought about the symbolism of this scene.. I just enjoyed it.. the look and the pain

icon by Daggi
Old 08-06-2017, 11:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

He probably lied there like that for a good while.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 08-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
He probably lied there like that for a good while.
Yeah, I will cry forever during this last scene I just cant make it.

Thinking about how long he could have been lying there, I wanted to ask.

their goodbye scene is in the evening, lights are on, dark outside etc. and Justin says his flight is at 10. Does he mean 10pm or 10am next day?
I am not english native, so dont know if person says it like this, if its clear am or pm.

If it would be 10pm, that would be in few of hours, so thats would not leave him much time to come on time to airport (I dont know how it is with domestic flights, but with international you need to be cca 2h before at the airport, but with domestic its probably shorter?)
But when Justin disappears from beneath Brian, its still dark. If his flight would have been at 10am, he would probably leave around 7 in the morning, and probably Brian would be awake?

So it seems Justins flight was at 10pm and Brian might have been lying alone like that the whole night?
Old 08-07-2017, 03:37 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:

their goodbye scene is in the evening, lights are on, dark outside etc. and Justin says his flight is at 10. Does he mean 10pm or 10am next day?
I am not english native, so dont know if person says it like this, if its clear am or pm.

If it would be 10pm, that would be in few of hours, so thats would not leave him much time to come on time to airport (I dont know how it is with domestic flights, but with international you need to be cca 2h before at the airport, but with domestic its probably shorter?)
But when Justin disappears from beneath Brian, its still dark. If his flight would have been at 10am, he would probably leave around 7 in the morning, and probably Brian would be awake?

So it seems Justins flight was at 10pm and Brian might have been lying alone like that the whole night?
I presumed his flight was at 10 at night but I could be wrong - even if Justin did leave at night I don't think Brian took him to the airport or anything as we see him still laying there on the bed after he is gone. He might have still lied there on the bed all night feeling that pain. I don't think he would've moved for a long time - just laid there and been sad and in pain and feeling love - so hard

This was part of what made Brian such a good guy deep down there cause we see over and over that he just wants the best for Justin - whatever that may be - like going to LA or getting him to try and go to art college and finish his degree - even if it hurt him in some way he always wanted the best for Justin True love
Old 08-07-2017, 07:00 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
I presumed his flight was at 10 at night but I could be wrong - even if Justin did leave at night I don't think Brian took him to the airport or anything as we see him still laying there on the bed after he is gone. He might have still lied there on the bed all night feeling that pain. I don't think he would've moved for a long time - just laid there and been sad and in pain and feeling love - so hard

This was part of what made Brian such a good guy deep down there cause we see over and over that he just wants the best for Justin - whatever that may be - like going to LA or getting him to try and go to art college and finish his degree - even if it hurt him in some way he always wanted the best for Justin True love
Yeah, and thats the thing about the end. COWLIP said there was no marriage and Justin left because these two did not want to sacrifice for love.
But Brian at the end sacrificed, he sacrificed his happiness and let Justin go. So he exchanged one sacrifice for another.
There are almost no decisions in life that dont need any sacrifice.
And sacrifice is unnecessary strong word, better call it compromise.
In every relationship some compromise is unnecessary.
So this logic Cowlip gave us was also a poor excuse.
Old 08-07-2017, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

If you love someone, you are making compromises without thinking about it and you never would call it sacrifice.. and you are right.. Brian did sacrifice his happiness.. it would have beena compromise the other way.. when they visited each other for example

icon by Daggi
Old 08-07-2017, 09:05 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
If you love someone, you are making compromises without thinking about it and you never would call it sacrifice.. and you are right.. Brian did sacrifice his happiness.. it would have beena compromise the other way.. when they visited each other for example
Yeah, Cowlips explanations sometimes lacked logic.
To some extent they reached compromise in the end, Justin does not need mariage anymore, rings or vows, and he even says Brian he does not need monogamy and Brian threw away his fear of comitments and has committed to Justin although only emotionally for the time being but even this was impossible for him before.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Yeah, Cowlips explanations sometimes lacked logic.
To some extent they reached compromise in the end, Justin does not need mariage anymore, rings or vows, and he even says Brian he does not need monogamy and Brian threw away his fear of comitments and has committed to Justin although only emotionally for the time being but even this was impossible for him before.
And that in my eyes was enough they wouldn't have beeded more compromises or sacrifices..

icon by Daggi
Old 08-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:

You bring up some good questions. I always assumed his flight was 10am. But, you're right, Brian is shown in bed by himself when it is still at night. Maybe Justin got up extra early, before 7am when it was still dark to leave for the airport and Brian was still asleep? A good question for Cowlip.

Quote:
Yeah, and thats the thing about the end. COWLIP said there was no marriage and Justin left because these two did not want to sacrifice for love.
But Brian at the end sacrificed, he sacrificed his happiness and let Justin go. So he exchanged one sacrifice for another.
There are almost no decisions in life that dont need any sacrifice.
And sacrifice is unnecessary strong word, better call it compromise.
In every relationship some compromise is unnecessary.
So this logic Cowlip gave us was also a poor excuse.

But... in Brian's original sacrifice, he was becoming someone that was not him.. someone who wanted to live in a big house and garden rather than trick. That's not right. And Justin was sacrificing his art. That's not right. The ending allowed them to each be who they truly were. And not change for love. I believe in that. I also believe they would have visited each other frequently. I think Justin must have come back for the opening of Babylon... Cowlip just chose not to show it. Hmmm.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread