Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2017, 06:44 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Question - who thinks Mel was over the top and carried on a lot about the affair considering she had already had an affair?

Also, who thinks that Lindsay and Mel should've got back together? Does anyone think they should've stayed apart?
Ťheír relationship was certainly not very stable, they were arguing all the time eve when they were together, hard to tell, maybe it would work out this time. But I did not feel so much love between them, rather they were trying to make it work out.
Old 07-27-2017, 11:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Question - who thinks Mel was over the top and carried on a lot about the affair considering she had already had an affair?

Also, who thinks that Lindsay and Mel should've got back together? Does anyone think they should've stayed apart?
Melanie's faux outrage was one of the circumstances that caused season 5 to be a dud. She behaved and spoke like a true drama queen, and yes, it's very hypocritical of her to have been that outraged considering she cheated on Lindsay only 4 seasons prior with one of their mutual friends. Yes, I get it. Lindsay sleeping with a man (while Melanie was pregnant) mus have been like the ultimate betrayal in Melanie's eyes, but cheating is cheating, and she did it too. No, two wrongs never make a right, but she cannot see that they both have jeopardized their union, not Justin Lindsay.

I feel like they needed more time apart. All that bickering they were doing was so not good, and the new baby had to always hear it.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 07-27-2017, 09:47 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Melanie's faux outrage was one of the circumstances that caused season 5 to be a dud. She behaved and spoke like a true drama queen, and yes, it's very hypocritical of her to have been that outraged considering she cheated on Lindsay only 4 seasons prior with one of their mutual friends. Yes, I get it. Lindsay sleeping with a man (while Melanie was pregnant) mus have been like the ultimate betrayal in Melanie's eyes, but cheating is cheating, and she did it too. No, two wrongs never make a right, but she cannot see that they both have jeopardized their union, not Justin Lindsay.

I feel like they needed more time apart. All that bickering they were doing was so not good, and the new baby had to always hear it.
Melanie's carrying on annoyed me too - just because it was a male and they were married she saw it as a different thing apparently and went on and on and on no matter what Lindsay said or did to make it better. Lindsay had only just had a baby as well and was trying to sort it all out. And then after all the fighting and bickering and went on at each other suddenly they were having a live in separation and they seemed to be all nice to each other again and it was all over and done with and they were together again.

Speaking of affairs - why did almost everyone on the show have an affair? The only ones who didn't were Michael, Ben and Brian ( I say Brian as Justin and he always had the arrangement). But Mel, Lindsay, Ted, Emmett and Justin all did. That's a lot of affairs.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:52 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Melanie's carrying on annoyed me too - just because it was a male and they were married she saw it as a different thing apparently and went on and on and on no matter what Lindsay said or did to make it better. Lindsay had only just had a baby as well and was trying to sort it all out. And then after all the fighting and bickering and went on at each other suddenly they were having a live in separation and they seemed to be all nice to each other again and it was all over and done with and they were together again.

Speaking of affairs - why did almost everyone on the show have an affair? The only ones who didn't were Michael, Ben and Brian ( I say Brian as Justin and he always had the arrangement). But Mel, Lindsay, Ted, Emmett and Justin all did. That's a lot of affairs.
Otherwise there would be no drama and no storylines to keep the show going 😂 but i agree sometimes it was too much. They could give an affair to everyone but not so frequently. But in life it can probably happen especially if people are not settled down which was case of everyone except Lindsay and Mel
Old 07-27-2017, 10:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sia (View Post)
Otherwise there would be no drama and no storylines to keep the show going 😂 but i agree sometimes it was too much. They could give an affair to everyone but not so frequently. But in life it can probably happen especially if people are not settled down which was case of everyone except Lindsay and Mel
Even Emmett though slept with the airline attendant after he got with Ted and was so happy. And both Mel and Lindsay had affairs - are they trying to say that everyone has affairs and people can't be monogamous? Or males or females are the same and all have affairs? I don't know but it did seem like a lot of affairs through out the seasons.
Old 07-27-2017, 10:25 PM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Even Emmett though slept with the airline attendant after he got with Ted and was so happy. And both Mel and Lindsay had affairs - are they trying to say that everyone has affairs and people can't be monogamous? Or males or females are the same and all have affairs? I don't know but it did seem like a lot of affairs through out the seasons.
Maybe because they were still boys who were just becoming men, and girls women, thats what writers said show is about. They were confused and finding themselves. Plus I really think they just wanted to create more dramatic storylines. And whether we like it or not in life lot of people have affairs.
Old 07-28-2017, 03:26 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Maybe because they were still boys who were just becoming men, and girls women, thats what writers said show is about. They were confused and finding themselves. Plus I really think they just wanted to create more dramatic storylines. And whether we like it or not in life lot of people have affairs.
I think that could be true about Emmett and Ted as neither had been in any type of serious relationship either but Mel and Lindsay had been together for years. But like you also said it does create storylines for the show. I don't think I know anyone who has had an affair but who knows maybe I do and I just don't know
Old 07-28-2017, 03:56 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I think that could be true about Emmett and Ted as neither had been in any type of serious relationship either but Mel and Lindsay had been together for years. But like you also said it does create storylines for the show. I don't think I know anyone who has had an affair but who knows maybe I do and I just don't know
Yes thats possible. I dont know maybe writers intended to tell us that gays are less monogamous than straight people as you suggested? I have not much experience with gay community personally so cannot tell.with Lindsay and Melanie I also read some opinions that actually Lindsay was bisexual thats why she was not fully satisfied in her relationship with Mel, first she had quiet strong bond towards Brian, which somehow mellowed down during the show but especially in beginning created lot of conflicts and then the artist.
Old 07-28-2017, 04:14 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Yes thats possible. I dont know maybe writers intended to tell us that gays are less monogamous than straight people as you suggested? I have not much experience with gay community personally so cannot tell.with Lindsay and Melanie I also read some opinions that actually Lindsay was bisexual thats why she was not fully satisfied in her relationship with Mel, first she had quiet strong bond towards Brian, which somehow mellowed down during the show but especially in beginning created lot of conflicts and then the artist.
Yeah that makes sense about Lindsay being bisexual cause we do know that she slept with Brian and then she does sleep with the artist.

I wonder how Mel and Lindsay felt about the story lines through the last few seasons and if they liked where they were going. I know we've said that Gale and Randy weren't totally happy with their stories and I wonder about the girls - especially with all the fighting with each other and fighting over Jenny-Rebecca
Old 07-28-2017, 04:49 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah that makes sense about Lindsay being bisexual cause we do know that she slept with Brian and then she does sleep with the artist.

I wonder how Mel and Lindsay felt about the story lines through the last few seasons and if they liked where they were going. I know we've said that Gale and Randy weren't totally happy with their stories and I wonder about the girls - especially with all the fighting with each other and fighting over Jenny-Rebecca
I did not find anything about this from either of them. Just in one interview Michelle said I think that she could identify with Mel and also that she liked the sex scene she had with Thea towards the end, when they are still separated and suddenly feel attraction for each other, that it was passionate and violent at the same time, they came up with term "rape sex". And in general she said she liked the sex scenes with Thea which quiet suprised me but according to her filming such scenes is much more pleasant than many others actors have to do.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:32 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
I did not find anything about this from either of them. Just in one interview Michelle said I think that she could identify with Mel and also that she liked the sex scene she had with Thea towards the end, when they are still separated and suddenly feel attraction for each other, that it was passionate and violent at the same time, they came up with term "rape sex". And in general she said she liked the sex scenes with Thea which quiet suprised me but according to her filming such scenes is much more pleasant than many others actors have to do.
Yeah I think I saw an interview where they said it was quite easy or they had no problems with the sex scenes. The term 'rape sex' is not very pleasant is it? I thought it was pretty wild sex but I didn't think it was maybe that bad to be termed that. Don't know about that one.
Old 07-28-2017, 05:41 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah I think I saw an interview where they said it was quite easy or they had no problems with the sex scenes. The term 'rape sex' is not very pleasant is it? I thought it was pretty wild sex but I didn't think it was maybe that bad to be termed that. Don't know about that one.
Yes, quiet wild term. But it was a joke more or less, they were joking that they created new term and will make tshirts with this printed on them
Old 07-28-2017, 08:45 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Not really sure how I feel about the term "Rape sex" considering it was quite consensual and they were just about ready to jump each others bones the entire time their feud was happening. I guess that anger they were feeling really gave way to some sexual tension that finally took over.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 07-29-2017, 05:38 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Not really sure how I feel about the term "Rape sex" considering it was quite consensual and they were just about ready to jump each others bones the entire time their feud was happening. I guess that anger they were feeling really gave way to some sexual tension that finally took over.
Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

New question Do you think Justin was fair in his reaction to his mum dating a much younger man considering he had started sleeping with Brian when he was 17 and his mum had tried to be supportive even when she wasn't sure about it?
Old 07-29-2017, 05:53 AM
Sia
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Yeah that's what I was thinking too.

New question Do you think Justin was fair in his reaction to his mum dating a much younger man considering he had started sleeping with Brian when he was 17 and his mum had tried to be supportive even when she wasn't sure about it?
I found his reaction strange exactly for reason you mention that he dated 12 years older guy. Although in the beginning his mum was not supportive of Brian because he was so much older (in scene with Justin and his father she mentions he should not be with Brian because he is already grown up man), even more reason he should have showed more understanding for Jennifer because he knew how it felt when his family rejected his love because of age. His reasoning was that his mom is older so different conditions apply to her? Thats ageism . Probably he was shocked, it was all new to him and needed some time to reconcile with it. Maybe even his breakup with Brian played some role. He was not fully happy so he ventured it on his mum? Because then the proposal comes and he has no longer a problem with it.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread