Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 08:03 AM
Elite Fan

You know I think at first even Justin couldn't believe it when Brian got to B/M's place. In a way it was like he was going after him this was something Brian had never done before when JUstin had left. well he took a trip to NY to get him back in S1 and went after him to tell him he would be coming home to him in S2 but that was after other people told him to do so and this time he did that on his own. I don't think he arrived to B/M's just to confront Micheal. I think he was after Justin, in a way...
Old 05-16-2013, 08:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

You know what? I never thought of it like that. Your interpretation is much better than mine. Justin could have seen that as Brian going after him for the first time since season 1. Brian would not have been at their house yelling at the top of his lungs if it didn't have anything to do with Justin.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 05-16-2013, 10:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm not sure I agree. I think Brian went to Michael's because he was angry and hurting, probably because of both Justin and Michael. I don't think he really was going after Justin but he just needed to vent his anger.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:12 PM
Elite Fan

Maybe it was a bit of both. I think it's all about our interpretation

Either way it was a very intense scene esp since Brian didn't know Justin was there at the top of the stairs and Justin pbbly didn't expect to hear Brian expressing his feelings that way.
Old 05-16-2013, 04:26 PM
Part-Time Fan

I never really thought of it that way either. Had Brian gone to Ben and Michael's house to talk to Justin rather than just to yell at Michael, things might have gone better earlier for this couple.
Old 05-16-2013, 05:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah I think Brian was just trying to unload his anger and guilt onto Michael
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 05-17-2013, 01:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manu9 (View Post)
I'm not sure I agree. I think Brian went to Michael's because he was angry and hurting, probably because of both Justin and Michael. I don't think he really was going after Justin but he just needed to vent his anger.
I think he was angry because he felt betrayed.

Imagine your boyfriend dumping you and then living with your best friend. I would be pissed to no end to my best friend in that moment!

And since Brian and Michael already had problems in their friendship this wasn't helpful.

If Emmett would've told Brian that Justin went to Debbie's or Daphne's... he wouldn't have gone to Michael.

{ ... i am the one you fell in love with. who promises you to do it right.
... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 05-17-2013, 05:56 AM
Elite Fan

Of course he wouldn't

I think what triggered Brian's anger was to hear from Emmett that Justin is stying with Micheal and Ben He could have chocen to ignore that piece of inforamtiom. He could have told himself (and the others ) that he doesn't care what Justin does because they were never in a realtionship and all that same way he always reacted before when he and Justin were in trouble but yet this time he didn't. Brian confronted Michael but I think it was basically about his relationship with Justin.
Old 05-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Sure he felt alone, as if everybody leaves him.

First Michael and now Justin - and both for the same reasons.
That's why I think it was about time that someone simply spoke it out loud: "He left because of you!"

It was about time that Brian started to realized that it's not always the others who are to blame.

... who won’t lie to you anymore. i’ll make you as happy as you deserve to be ... }

Steffi
Old 05-17-2013, 12:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just don't like how Michael said that line.. it's like confirming what Brian thinks of himself.
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 05-17-2013, 12:33 PM
Elite Fan

I don't think Brian blamed others each time his relationship with Justin went out of control. He always felt unworthy of Justin's love and he clearly struggled and wished things would have been different, imo. I think he suffered as a result of his own insecurities and deep down he actually blamed himself, not others.

In S5 things were a bit different because the whole middle age crisis clouded his judgment but after Justin eventually left Brian faced another cruel wake up call.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

In season 3, Brian sure didn't blame anyone for his break up with Justin. I've never seen him actually blame anyone else for any problem he had unless it was very necessary. But this time was more personal.

I think Brian just felt like everyone was turning their back on him, ie., everyone is getting married, moving out of liberty avenue, etc. Change can very hard for some people when they're accustomed to their lives being a certain way. And Brian was definitely used to getting Michael's full attention, and having Justin in his life...You know, even if he didn't quite know how translate his actions into words.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 05-17-2013, 02:13 PM
Fan Forum Hero

As we all know Brian has control issues so change for him was hard.
Icon by Zonikita
Old 05-18-2013, 02:08 AM
Elite Fan

Plus S5 Brian was in a different place emotionaly than S3 Brian, imo. He had dealt with some major obstacles such as the big c, and had made some very important decisions such as asking Justin officially to move in with him and be part of his life.

I think Brian really believed Justin was quite happy with the way things were after they moved in together but apparently it wasn't the case.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I think this time was so different because as you already said, everything changed. And from Brian's POV there hadn't been any problems, there was no reason for him to change everything and i think he had some problems to understand the reasons for everyone to move on from the live they had, since for him this live was okay, it was good, it was comfortable.

And in the end he was practically the only one left, but still couldn't understand why from one day to another (so to say) everything and everyone wants to change all they have.

So he wasn't only lonely, he also was disappointed in them - and probably for the first time ever, I can understand that, even though I can also see the reasons for the others to move on.

Steffi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread