Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2016, 06:41 AM
Loyal Fan

Yep, it's in Costa Mesa right now. It'll be there until Sun 8/21. The next city will be San Diego.

Last edited by Chris31; 08-11-2016 at 06:47 AM
Old 08-11-2016, 07:48 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris31 (View Post)
Yep, it's in Costa Mesa right now. It'll be there until Sun 8/21. The next city will be San Diego.
Costa Mesa review reprinted in LA TIMES

A fierce and flashy revival of 'Cabaret' - Daily Pilot

This latter role is made particularly noteworthy by the astounding performance of Randy Harrison, whose bisexual vibes ignite the R-rated entertainment, drawing laughs and gasps. Not a character as such but more of an ominous presence, Harrison pervades the proceedings with glee and gusto.

UPDATE:

another Costa Mesa review:

http://www.ocregister.com/articles/k...y-cabaret.html

No leering Joel Grey, Harrison’s boy-toy Emcee has a silky, seductive tenor and impishly playful manner. The story’s ironic commentator, he (like Cliff) sees what’s coming but (like Sally) can’t be bothered: He’ll use one hand as a mustache, the other for a sieg heil salute – and then shrug it off, or wink at us.
Roundabout’s vision of the Emcee as young and vital meshes perfectly with the company’s original direction of Sam Mendes and choreography and co-direction of Rob Marshall, who based the show’s third Broadway revival in 2014 (and this staging) on their second Broadway revival of 1998.

Last edited by varo_kamry; 08-12-2016 at 06:55 AM
Old 08-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Mark thank you for those reviews hun. I can't get into the articles at the moment to read the whole thing, but I'll persevere .. so thank you for posting them.

Hope everyone who's at the special LGBT Cabaret evening tonight has a fabulous time .. and posts pics somewhere on the internet
Old 08-12-2016, 07:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Another Costa Mesa review

I never tire of the positive reviews no matter how limited the reviewer may be in his/her ability to find new ways to praise the show and Randy's performance. This reviewer does a pretty good job of it

CABARET Cast Delivers Racy Performance with an Eye-Opening Message

Randy Harrison steals the spotlight of the entire show as the whimsical and provocative emcee. With thick layers of eyeliner, powder, and red lips—he narrates the story, sings, dances, makes a couple appearances as a female, and quite possibly has the most costume changes among anyone in the cast. Bravo to the man who seemingly pours his soul into this character each night on the stage.
Old 08-13-2016, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Thank you for your cynicism Danielle

Mark, I'm with you on the reviews ... I still want to read every one
Old 08-13-2016, 07:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

I love the reviews too. Although I can totally understand what Danielle is talking about. Plus, when you've seen a show so many times, it's hard to keep it fresh.

Danielle…for what you've spent on Cabaret tickets, you could go have gone to Bilbao to see Randy.
Old 08-13-2016, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Mark I finally got into the reviews you posted yesterday hun .. and I love this comment .. it says it all

Quote:
Future versions of the musical will have trouble holding a candle to this one.
Perfect
Old 08-13-2016, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)
Mark I finally got into the reviews you posted yesterday hun .. and I love this comment .. it says it all

Perfect
I hope, with all my heart that this will open the door for many opportunities for Randy. He did say at brunch that he didn't want to get right into another musical though.
Old 08-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Fan Forum Star

^ have you had a bad Zarata experience?
Old 08-13-2016, 01:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Deleted

Last edited by Zebbers; 08-14-2016 at 02:43 AM
Old 08-13-2016, 04:06 PM
Loyal Fan

While I agree the reviews of Cabaret can get a bit repetitious I still enjoy reading them. I'm actually guilty of skimming through them sometimes until I see Randy's name mentioned. But most of the time each review is a bit different and I always enjoy reading the praise they give Randy in the role of the emcee. Honestly, so far in every review I've ever read there has never been a bad one of Randy's performance. Because he's just that good.

Last edited by Chris31; 08-13-2016 at 07:57 PM
Old 08-13-2016, 04:15 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris31 (View Post)
While I agree the reviews of Cabaret can get a bit repetitious I still enjoy reading them. I'm actually guilty of skimming through them until I see Randy's name mentioned. But most of the time each review is a bit different and I always enjoy reading the praise they give Randy in the role of the emcee. Honestly, so far in every review I've ever read there has never been one bad one of Randy's performance. Because he's just that good.
I love reading the entire article because I love the history of the story and I am a big fan of Isherwood
Old 08-13-2016, 09:52 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Please girls... keep it NICE, FRIENDLY and POLITE in here with each other everybody is allowed his own opinion but don't use harsh words that might hurt.

Even if the reviews are feel like the same in each city we appreciate them to be brought over to be collected here for everybody who wants to read them, and about giving away the end... well the story is old and it didn't change, so my guess is everybody already should know it ...

I too do build my own opinion about seeing something... don't know how often I went to watch a movie I really liked although the reviews said it is only stupid or bad or the other way round...

But I never get tired to read that Randy is rocking the stage and the character in each new city. especially knowing that the people who write reviews often are sent to watch without being a fan. That just shows that he can catch those too with his performance.

icon by Daggi
Old 08-13-2016, 10:18 PM
Fan Forum Star

I'm thankful that Mark brings over all of the reviews because it keeps Randy's thread pretty active...which is our goal. The last thing we want is a sparring match between our members. We're all here to support Randy...in this thread, and not bash other cast and members of our board.

So...I advise both of you to drop the nastiness and call it a truce. So no more...drop it.

Also...please refrain from posting in all caps. That's the same as yelling.

If anyone has any questions about our board rules, please feel free to PM any of our moderators.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2016, 01:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danibro14 (View Post)
Thanks for the support Deborah. The post that "Zebbers" put up sat here for almost 8 hours and you all say nothing. But the minute I come in and defend myself now you all want it to stop??? Uh why wasn't something said to her earlier? I'm not going to let anyone step on me here. Of course I'm going to defend myself. I don't think it was a nasty response and yes I was pissed so yelling was called for hence the capitals. Ugh!!
I just want to point out that this is an international forum and we all live in different timezones, so that explains that not on every post it is possible to answer right away, but as soon as we are able to react we do, and that just was coincident it happened right after your post... it had nothing to do with your post ....

But again... as Deborah and I said.. drop the attitudes and call it a truce... PM us when there are problems, or PM each other to solve problems yourself if prefered, but please not openly here on the board

We are a friendly and positive board here.... and we'd like to stay it this way.... sarcasm and cynicism aren't a polite and friendly way of comunication

icon by Daggi

Last edited by Giotto; 08-14-2016 at 01:45 AM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread