Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2016, 09:03 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wow…great observation, Mark. Thanks for bringing that to our attention.

Thanks for bringing the IG and photos over, Star.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:01 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I would have never thought about where that image is so familiar

Great find,Mark

icon by Daggi
Old 04-26-2016, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's exactly 2 weeks until I see Cabaret!!!
Old 04-26-2016, 01:18 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I'm so jealous

icon by Daggi
Old 04-26-2016, 07:46 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
It's exactly 2 weeks until I see Cabaret!!!
I'm so, so excited for you! I wish I could go again. You will love it! I hope you get to meet Randy afterward.
Old 04-27-2016, 06:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11 (View Post)
I'm so, so excited for you! I wish I could go again. You will love it! I hope you get to meet Randy afterward.
Now its 13 days! I just got the airline notification!

I wish you could go again too. And I hope to meet Randy as well.
Old 04-27-2016, 08:21 PM
Extreme Fan

Cabaret musical highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rbq4...ature=youtu.be

And the first reviews from Baltimore:

Randy Harrison is raising a bit of hell as the Emcee for Cabaret in midtown Baltimore. I mean, just take a look at that demented, Chucky doll leer. He knows the Devil has his back, and before doing a belly flop in the ultimate brimstone mosh pit, he’s pleased as punch to see you out there in his audience, game for whatever bit of depravity he can shovel your way. Wilkommen!

Review: 'Cabaret' at Baltimore’s Hippodrome Theatre - DCMetroTheaterArts

Master of Ceremonies, Master of the show, Randy Harrison steps into the role of Emcee and simply owns the show. A phenomenal sensation with his singing voice and character portrayal, Harrison makes the Emcee uniquely his own whilst still paying homage in nod most subtle to Alan Cumming. Harrison’s willingness to play with the audience is inviting and welcoming, the true cabaret experience. His crass and crude attitude is uproarious and perfectly fitted to the nature of the character. Juxtaposed against his stellar operatic sound, Harrison’s coarse representation of the Emcee is flawless. “Two Ladies”, a trio featuring Lulu (Dani Spieler) and Bobby (Leeds Hill), is disgustingly delicious and absolutely hysterical. Harrison’s versatility in handling the character is astonishing, his rendition of “I Don’t Care Much” fully channels a destroyed lounge singer in character but is delivered with resounding vocal clarity. Striking, outstanding, and nothing short of impressive, Harrison is the toast of Cabaret, and should not be missed in this performance-of-a-lifetime role.

http://www.theatrebloom.com/2016/04/...he-hippodrome/
Old 04-27-2016, 09:51 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Thaanks again MArk for sharing those wonderful news with us and this absolutly wonderful clip

Oh wouldn't it be wonderful for all who can't see the show, if they would bring it out on DVD after the show ended?? Those clips are looking like they were recorded especially for showing, so why not record one of the shows completly? I so hope they do something like that!

icon by Daggi
Old 04-28-2016, 08:24 AM
Extreme Fan

wow...simply WOW!!!!!

Come to this Cabaret, old chum – HOTCHKA

The standout of the show, the glue that holds it all together is the Emcee. For years (decades!), that role was owned by Joel Grey (and a very different iteration of the character) and then by Alan Cumming in the 1993, 1998 and 2014 revivals. When the 2014 version of the show took to the road, the role of the Emcee was taken over by Randy Harrison, a veteran of Broadway (Wicked), Off-Broadway and regional theatre. Harrison has also appeared in film and television, but is probably best known for his role on Showtime’s Queer as Folk.

For Cabaret, Harrison fully embraces and inhabits the character, from his playfully, overt sexuality to the more ominous persona that begins to emerge. Harrison can take a playfully silly number like “If You Could See Her” and make it quite horrific just by sneering the final line of the song to make your blood run cold when you realize what the song is truly about. The Emcee also functions as the show’s narrator/storyteller, so he rarely interacts verbally or directly with any of the main characters, just moving props around for them (or even becoming a prop) while continuing his running commentary.

It’s tough to be invisible while being so very visible in the showiest role, but Harrison can steal the spotlight and fade into the background with ease, but one thing is for sure — you can’t take your eyes off of him whenever he’s on stage, even if he’s not really part of the scene but just there waiting for his next moment. And his voice. Harrison’s voice is a magnificent and powerful instrument that just grabs your attention and won’t let go. Grey and Cumming have owned this role for many years, but Randy Harrison just made it his own.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Wow he couldn't get a better critic

icon by Daggi
Old 04-28-2016, 04:40 PM
Extreme Fan

Review from OUTspoken - an LGTB blog

Steve Charing OUTspoken: Come to the Cabaret at the Hippodrome

The show’s lead is Randy Harrison as the puckish Emcee of the Kit Kat Klub. Audience members may recall his role as Justin on Showtime’s Queer as Folk from 2000-2005.

Matured but still youthful and more buff since those days, Mr. Harrison gives a tour de force performance with his astonishingly strong vocals (“Wilkommen,” “Two Ladies,” “Money,” “I Don’t Care Much”) and comedic moves including ambling into the audience at the beginning of the second act to playfully dance with a couple of audience members.
Wearing ghoulish eye make-up and bright crimson lipstick, Mr. Harrison is called upon to don a wide array of William Ivey Long’s creative costumes from undershirt/boxers garb, to a storm trooper outfit, to drag, for his burlesque-style character. He performs the role with relish
Old 04-28-2016, 04:47 PM
Obsessed Fan

WOW is right, Mark!

Randy’s really hitting it big in Baltimore!!!

Raising a bit of hell…
Simply owns the show…
A phenomenal sensation…
Uproarious and perfectly fitted to the character…
Flawless.
Astonishing.
Resounding vocal clarity…
Striking, outstanding, and nothing short of impressive.
The toast of Cabaret.
Performance-of-a-lifetime.
The standout of the show.
The glue that holds it all together.
His voice is a magnificent and powerful instrument.
A tour de force performance.
Astonishingly strong vocals.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:42 AM
Fan Forum Star

Amazing interviews! I cannot wait!!!
Old 04-29-2016, 01:00 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I'm so happy you're able to see it

icon by Daggi
Old 04-29-2016, 03:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

National tour of revelatory 'Cabaret' revival heats up the Hippodrome - Baltimore Sun

This one has a very interesting observation about the audience.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread