Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-18-2016, 08:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Light and fluffy with no bad news... that'S a good description

In the morning shows in Germany you get almost just news... they also do interviews or musicians promote their new songs, but those have their special days were they promote... you don't get sugarcoating over here... no matter what happened, you get it before breakfast airplanecrash, warvictims.... they don't care ...
That's the sort of journalism we need over here probably.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 03-18-2016, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by varo_kamry (View Post)
This was by far the worst. The male co-host looked like they just woke him up or maybe dug him up from a local cemetery.
Thank you for that image hun *snort*

I think I might have a Randyfest over the weekend and watch all of the interviews we have had so far!

I suppose we're too small a country to have regional TV shows in the morning .. like Daggi said, the death and destruction is intertwined with the fluffy and the comical!
Old 03-18-2016, 12:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
This was by far the worst. The male co-host looked like they just woke him up or maybe dug him up from a local cemetery.And it seemed that all the woman wanted to do was ask about singing and dancing and not allowing any comments about the dark side of the show.
I agree wholeheartedly. Even worse than "the emcee Sally Bowles" interviewer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebbers (View Post)

I suppose we're too small a country to have regional TV shows in the morning .. like Daggi said, the death and destruction is intertwined with the fluffy and the comical!
We have so many that it's ridiculous. Every network, in every city, in every state has their own…morning, noon and night. I don't watch any of it.
Old 03-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Fan Forum Hero

"Sally Knowles" is my favourite so far!
Old 03-18-2016, 12:11 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
"Sally Knowles" is my favourite so far!
Bowels too
Old 03-18-2016, 02:48 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I just discovered some YT footage of the SGP premiere way back when .. and even though Randy wasn't there, I have so enjoyed everyone's take on the film ..OMB, so excited to have come across that .. I adore SGP
Old 03-18-2016, 05:03 PM
Obsessed Fan

Quote:
Welcome to the world of morning local TV station talk shows. Meant to be light and fluffy, no hard news, just smiling faces and happy talk. No depth..just get the interview done in 3 minutes or less and on to the next topic. If you have something to promote, a play or musical, then your bring the actors to "make the rounds" of the TV stations. (BTW...it is the PR people at local theater at each stop of the tour who arrange the interviews, not the production company.) In most cases the people who host the shows are not professional news people, but rather "on air personalities" who rarely do their on research, but instead are provided with basic information or given questions to ask by their producers. This was by far the worst. The male co-host looked like they just woke him up or maybe dug him up from a local cemetery.And it seemed that all the woman wanted to do was ask about singing and dancing and not allowing any comments about the dark side of the show. There have been some good ones, particularly the Lawyer/professor who interviewed Randy in Chicago. It was a "people in the news" type show and the interviewer was well prepared and very insightful in his questions and it was obvious Randy enjoyed the interview.
Mark - I love how you are so diplomatic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I agree wholeheartedly. Even worse than "the emcee Sally Bowles" interviewer.

We have so many that it's ridiculous. Every network, in every city, in every state has their own…morning, noon and night. I don't watch any of it.
It really is terrible. I get why you might want a local show, but why 3 or 4 for every city on at the exact same time? One on every network... they each have the EXACT same stories. It would make more sense to pool resources and do a better show. At least each show could try to be original!

---

Debs, do you have a link to that Such Good People premiere?
Old 03-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11 (View Post)
Mark - I love how you are so diplomatic.

It really is terrible. I get why you might want a local show, but why 3 or 4 for every city on at the exact same time? One on every network... they each have the EXACT same stories. It would make more sense to pool resources and do a better show. At least each show could try to be original!

---

Unfortunately, it's part of the "PR" machine. Performers are well-aware of it when they sign up, and it's one of the reasons why Randy was so disillusioned with "Queer as Folk." Now that he's older and has a resume behind him, I think it's easier for him to grind through the interviews.
Old 03-18-2016, 06:02 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Never happen. It is about ratings and advertising revenue. There are 4 major networks in the US - ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX. All of them have affilates in each local broadcast area. They would never pool resources because they are in competition
Old 03-18-2016, 07:30 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnetta (View Post)
Unfortunately, it's part of the "PR" machine. Performers are well-aware of it when they sign up, and it's one of the reasons why Randy was so disillusioned with "Queer as Folk." Now that he's older and has a resume behind him, I think it's easier for him to grind through the interviews.
And grinding through, he is. Fortunately, he's not alone. Andrea seems to be grinding right along with him.
Old 03-19-2016, 12:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star11 (View Post)

I just sent them to you hun
Old 03-19-2016, 08:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

Can you send it to me too?
Old 03-19-2016, 09:11 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
I just sent them to you hun
can I have it too please?

icon by Daggi
Old 03-19-2016, 09:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Randy is a trooper. He knows how to get through even the most tedious of interviews, remaining professional throughout.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 03-19-2016, 02:27 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
Randy is a trooper. He knows how to get through even the most tedious of interviews, remaining professional throughout.
He absolutely does hun! And I feel so proud that he does that .. and I mean that in the most unpatronising way possible
Closed Thread   Post New Thread