Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-16-2018, 09:43 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Brian Kinney, FFS! (View Post)
I didn't intend to talk s about paying for VIP or other experiences. This particular setup just seems weird to me.

I paid a lot for VH1's Best Cruise Ever (with Lifehouse) once, but that was several days and lots of concerts and interactions. Totally worth it. One night doesn't stack up for me.

Come to think of it, the person I was seeing at that point threatened to break up with me if I spent all that money on the cruise. So I was like, " Okay, bye! "
With Scott and Dean, we had dinner at the CN Tower, went for a walking tour with them including Woody's, had a cocktail party with all of the cast who were present, with each rotating to our tables every 15 (?) minutes, then we had Sunday Brunch. It also included ALL photo ops and front row for the panels and autos. It was amazing!
Old 12-18-2018, 03:16 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

No harm in shelling out the amount of money if you have, as long as the perks are rewarding.

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 12-18-2018, 03:56 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Have you guys seen this?! Looks like a reboot is on the way
“ We don't know who we are until we're connected to someone else. We're just better human beings when we're with the person we're supposed to be with. I wasn't supposed to leave. I belong here." Quote byTara from Sons of Anarchy 3x01
Icon by Zonikita
Old 12-18-2018, 04:46 PM
Fan Forum Star

OMG...this is too funny. A QAF friend of mine from Seattle just sent me a text with that info.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:55 PM
Master Fan

Boo new cast and characters. That's what I didn't want.

Me: "Ted, you're my favorite!"
Scott Lowell: "Aww, thank you! Well, you're my favorite now, too."
Old 12-18-2018, 06:11 PM
Dedicated Fan

Honestly at this point I would be really happy with a 3-4 hour wrap up. Just enough so we could know how everyone ended up. *Cough* Brian and Justin together in some fabulous apartment in NYC

They could even use it as a way to drum up publicity for the reboot...
Old 12-18-2018, 08:24 PM
Master Fan

I'm not sure I'd even want a reunion/movie/etc. with the original cast/characters, TBH. I liked where/how it ended, and I have my ideas about the ending. Plus, I don't have any evidence thus far of shows that have managed to have a good "part two" or whatever. (For example, the little Gilmore Girls miniseries. Bleh.)

It was so fantastic as it was. No touchy. Hands off!

I know that the cast is all supposedly on board, but I also read a quote from Gale about a potential reunion, and he said, "After five years, the story is finished." I have to say that I agree. And I felt like season 5 had plenty of evidence of the writers running out of ideas.

TLDR - nope, no reboot, no reunion!

Old 12-18-2018, 10:26 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

this isn't a reboot of the us version in my eyes, its of the british one.... since Russel T Davis is doing it.. and honestly.. I think it might work , because of the topic, but Mr. Russel T Davis tried to get younger watchers to like Torchwood when he took it to the US.. and he failed... not even a John Barrowman couldn't make it.. I'm sure the old fans won't really accept it, and as every reboot, it will speak to new persons..

icon by Daggi
Old 12-19-2018, 07:17 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I don't want a reboot - why does QAF have to be remade at all? Can't we just leave it alone altogether? It's a masterpiece. I honestly don't get this whole wanting to appeal to younger generations thing when younger generations have already seen the original series and have fallen in love with that.

Last edited by SojournHeart11; 12-19-2018 at 07:31 AM
Old 12-19-2018, 07:57 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Honestly, I think the reason why RTD is doing it is, cause it bothers him that the US version is more successful then his original was.. and I wouldn't be surprised if we find out one day that he had his fingers in there blocking the revival to be made

noo.. I'm not still mad at him killingboff my favourite show and bluntly lying to the fans why.. he told everybody that he doesn't work at all anymore cause his partner is sick, which would be totally understandable and we accepted, but 6 moths lazer a show called cucumber appeared.. nd Torchwood or his partners sickness never were mentioned again.. so I really would have appreciated some honesty to the fans.. he could have said, nope, I went to the us with that show and didn't succeed (surprise, we all knew it was a bad idea) and now I don't want to do more.. but to blame it on his sick partner and not working at all, just to find out he did.. not a good way to do.. and seeing this now.. it doesn't make me like him more..

icon by Daggi
Old 12-19-2018, 08:22 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
I don't want a reboot - why does QAF have to be remade at all? Can't we just leave it alone altogether? It's a masterpiece. I honestly don't get this whole wanting to appeal to younger generations thing when younger generations have already seen the original series and have fallen in love with that.
100% agree. Though it does seem like it's the UK version being remade, but still.

Now THIS show will be the most current thing associated with the "QAF" name, and that will be a major blow.

If he wants to make another LGBTQ show, great!!! Just WHY does it have to be another version of QAF? Ugh.

There were also some people commenting that there was already a series on BRAVO about a younger LGBTQ crowd. I forget what it was called. IDK anything about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
Honestly, I think the reason why RTD is doing it is, cause it bothers him that the US version is more successful then his original was.. and I wouldn't be surprised if we find out one day that he had his fingers in there blocking the revival to be made

noo.. I'm not still mad at him killingboff my favourite show and bluntly lying to the fans why.. he told everybody that he doesn't work at all anymore cause his partner is sick, which would be totally understandable and we accepted, but 6 moths lazer a show called cucumber appeared.. nd Torchwood or his partners sickness never were mentioned again.. so I really would have appreciated some honesty to the fans.. he could have said, nope, I went to the us with that show and didn't succeed (surprise, we all knew it was a bad idea) and now I don't want to do more.. but to blame it on his sick partner and not working at all, just to find out he did.. not a good way to do.. and seeing this now.. it doesn't make me like him more..

Does anyone know if the original version got canceled, or was it just planned to only be 10 episodes? It seemed so weird that "QAF 2" was only two episodes, but it did give an ending, like it was planned to wrap up. I can never find anything solid online if it was canceled or not.

And aww, that sounds kinda sketchy. :/ I really hope he's not interfering with the US version being revived... but there does seem to be SOMETHING wrong. Especially if it's true that the whole cast is on board and they're being bombarded about it so much... Plus, SHOWTIME is bringing back "The L Word". Why the F would they favor that over QAF?

Old 12-19-2018, 08:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

I think it only was planned for 1 season if I remember right. and since he is the creator, I wouldn't be surprised that he has some kinds of rights somewhere..

icon by Daggi
Old 12-19-2018, 10:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)

Whoa, that is something to consider.

Old 12-19-2018, 10:55 AM
Master Fan

Hmm, interesting. Seems like a lot of people missed that it was about the UK version being rebooted. I'm just unhappy about it in general, doesn't matter which version. I don't want a watered down reboot attached to the QAF name. Plenty of people don't know there were two versions to begin with. (Apparently even plenty of QAF US fans)

Though it does sting a bit less to see Scott confirming to QAF fans that it's not "our version"...

Old 12-19-2018, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

As soon as it was said that RTD was doing it, I knew it was the british one.. still I don't like that he does it.. it's like our version is going to be pushed off the throne..

icon by Daggi
Closed Thread   Post New Thread