Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2017, 10:30 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
So... Beth...BTYBR : The original characters are a HUGE part of the story. They are what helped shape B/J while they were separated. To me...they had to have a in the six years they were apart. AND, I LOVED Amelia. I loved how she called Brian, Brime for so long...and she was so enamored with him. I thought it was adorable.
I wrote a few postings down that I wanted to live in Frayach's MPREG. It take that back. I want to live in Plumsuede's Embark. The story grew on me with every chapter.

ITA the original characters helped shape B/J but I just couldn't get next to their back stories. I got the gist. Also, like I said, I skimmed to make sure I read every and anything that had to do with their connection to B/J.

I owe a debt to you and to Plum.
Spoiler:

I'm such a Brianite that whomever he loves I love. I almost came back to this thread and posted - OK, I love Amelia because now Brian does. But, I couldn't. I just can't take her.

Spoiler:

Quote:
But Plum is a brilliant writer. You should read her BDSM series.
Yeah - I need a safe word with YOU!! LMAO

You are a corrupter!! First MPREG and now BDSM, huh? Mind you, the BDSM is what caused me to stop reading the fanfic oh so many years ago!!

Seriously, though, thank you so much, Deborah. You knew the medicine I needed.

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-05-2017 at 12:19 PM
Old 11-05-2017, 11:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! She's one of my favorites! OH...this was made for me by Reeface...queen of the B/J doodles. I won it in a raffle for the LJ gift exchange in 2014. She did it based on one of my favorite scene from BTYBR. Look at detail...the orange juice, Brian's favorite worn through sleep pants, the high-tech appliances, etc.

Old 11-05-2017, 11:14 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
I'm so glad you enjoyed it! She's one of my favorites! OH...this was made for me by Reeface...queen of the B/J doodles. I won it in a raffle for the LJ gift exchange in 2014. She did it based on one of my favorite scene from BTYBR. Look at detail...the orange juice, Brian's favorite worn through sleep pants, the high-tech appliances, etc.

Dying! OMG - Brian's hand down his favorite gray clingy pants. Believe it or not my fav part is the black and white checkered floor which I think was mentioned only once. LOL- Also, Brian's not looking at the deer!!

That's awesome!

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Oh, and one more thing, Deborah.
Spoiler:

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-05-2017 at 12:20 PM
Old 11-05-2017, 11:50 AM
Fan Forum Star

You're making me want to read it again. I LOVED Brian's Mercedes throughout the story...and the love/hate Justin had with it. It was perfectly in character. I adored how the car was Brian's pain management. It was perfect.

I'm looking for the other pic. It was actually written as a serial, so it was really interesting. Again...it was pretty much in character (as much as an AU can be).
Old 11-05-2017, 12:02 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
You're making me want to read it again. I LOVED Brian's Mercedes throughout the story...and the love/hate Justin had with it. It was perfectly in character. I adored how the car was Brian's pain management. It was perfect.

I'm looking for the other pic. It was actually written as a serial, so it was really interesting. Again...it was pretty much in character (as much as an AU can be).

I wish there was a thread where we could discuss fanfic and SPOIL. I'm afraid to discuss this too much b/c of people who haven't read it yet.

OK - LOVE the Mercedes. That's the car Brian should be driving. It was Gale's wet dream, according to lore, to drive the Vette. IT DID NOT FIT BRIAN.

Spoiler:

YES!! GO READ IT AGAIN!!!!

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-05-2017 at 12:21 PM
Old 11-05-2017, 12:15 PM
Fan Forum Star

So...spoil away under spoiler tags!!

[sp ] xxx [ /sp] no spaces
Old 11-05-2017, 12:21 PM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
So...spoil away under spoiler tags!!

[sp ] xxx [ /sp] no spaces
You just changed my life. I thought only moderators could do that.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Discussion of Plum's Embark with spoilers:

Spoiler:

Just brava, Plum.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Discussion of Frayach's Monogamy and Across the Hall with spoilers.

I also happen to be a little miffed at Frayach right now but I can't post on her journal b/c the postings ended in 2015.

Spoiler:

Thanks for letting me vent. See why I find fics so dangerous? I can't let them roll off my back. They're more real to me than the show.

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-06-2017 at 05:21 AM
Old 11-06-2017, 02:54 PM
Elite Fan

Haha yep you are free to use the magic spoiler tags! Go have fun
Old 11-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Dedicated Fan

An homage to one of my favorite movies of all time Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House. 1948, Myrna Loy and Cary Grant.

Cary Grant's an ad exec working on Madison Avenue in NYC. He can't come up with a jingle for his account and he just had a new house built in CT so he needs that money.

Spoiler:

This isn't the whole fantasy, just the ending.

Post 513 spoiler warning.

Spoiler:

Spoiler post 513 - Justin acting silly:

Spoiler:

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-10-2017 at 02:05 PM
Old 11-08-2017, 07:54 AM
Fan Forum Star

Wait! What? Did you write that? I will read later as soon as I get a little time. I have to get on the road to my mom's again.

SOOO...Frayach: I will tell you that I know personally, that by the time she started writing most of her later stuff, she was starting to get jaded and disillusioned. A couple of times, she even ended her fics as HFN/HEA for me.

She loved Brian (and Gale) (we met him together at ATX). I think she just got exhausted.

In fact, one of her last entries, was not a QAF fic at all, but to me was a goodbye to B/J fandom. It made me very sad, and she said she didn't intend it that way, but I believe otherwise. She hasn't written another since. JMO.

If you don't want to cry...don't read it. I just cried again re-reading it.

Necessary Farewells - Frayach

HFN - Happily For Now
HEA - Happily Ever After
Old 11-08-2017, 09:00 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
Wait! What? Did you write that?
It's just that I stopped writing and my fingers kept going. It was one of the weirdest, spookiest experiences I'd ever had. I HAD to post the ending b/c I LOVE Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House and it really fit, LOL!

Spoiler:

Quote:
I will read later as soon as I get a little time. I have to get on the road to my mom's again.
Be careful on the road!

Quote:
SOOO...Frayach: I will tell you that I know personally, that by the time she started writing most of her later stuff, she was starting to get jaded and disillusioned. A couple of times, she even ended her fics as HFN/HEA for me.
Well, I can definitely understand becoming jaded and disillusioned. Gee, was it Cowlip and the writing? LOL

I didn't mean anything against her personally. I actually apologize about that. I was just venting my heartbreak about them being so sterile. FICS just bury themselves deep in my imagination which is why it was stupid of me to venture out on my own. LOL

LOL - WHAT is HFN/HEA????? OH!! I JUST SAW WHAT THIS MEANS AT THE END OF YOUR POST! THANKS FOR TRANSLATING. Well, that was very nice of Heather. She's a good friend.

Quote:
She loved Brian (and Gale) (we met him together at ATX). I think she just got exhausted.

In fact, one of her last entries, was not a QAF fic at all, but to me was a goodbye to B/J fandom. It made me very sad, and she said she didn't intend it that way, but I believe otherwise. She hasn't written another since. JMO.
Sometimes the brain just says ENOUGH. That saddens me, too, for Frayach's version of B/J and for her, personally. We'll always have her fabulous MPREG. I STILL think of her Brian. He was just amazing.

Quote:
If you don't want to cry...don't read it. I just cried again re-reading it.

Necessary Farewells - Frayach

HFN - Happily For Now
HEA - Happily Ever After
Oh, believe me, I bid my farewell to Frayach's fic after Mongamy and Across the Hall. I actually blocked them out of my mind. MY fantasy helped me with that.

I didn't write a fanfic and there's NO angst. It's just my fantasy. Just kissing and implied sex.

Spoiler:

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-08-2017 at 06:31 PM
Old 11-09-2017, 07:56 AM
Fan Forum Star

I am so happy that you liked Plum's fic (her name is Lori). What amazing heart and soul she put into that story. I too thought her representation of B/J's history and life together was wonderful. I agree that dealing with PTSD was fantastic, and how people were able to see that they moved as if they were one person (my words). You can probably be more eloquent than I.

I also loved the side characters and how they were all interwoven in the story. Even the supernatural element was satisfying.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:10 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
I am so happy that you liked Plum's fic (her name is Lori). What amazing heart and soul she put into that story. I too thought her representation of B/J's history and life together was wonderful. I agree that dealing with PTSD was fantastic, and how people were able to see that they moved as if they were one person (my words). You can probably be more eloquent than I.

I also loved the side characters and how they were all interwoven in the story. Even the supernatural element was satisfying.
OMG - I'm losing my mind. WHAAAAAAAT?

I'm so sorry. I adored her story and she, alone (thanks to you turning me on to her) got me off the ledge about B/J having to be apart for awhile b/f Brian followed him to NYC.

But, how did they move as one? They went through so much PTSD and they definitely helped each other but they were on their own with their pain. That was part of the struggle. Neither understood the other's agony nor could do anything to help the other. It was a feedback loop, too. The more Brian suffered the more Justin suffered BECAUSE of Brian's suffering.

And, did I miss something? What was supernatural? Came back in here b/c I just remembered...You mean the dead kin observing from Heaven!!! Ahh, sorry Deborah. I just got done reading a fic where B/J were out of sync by two years (like Sandra Bullock's The Lakehouse). So miind was on something more extreme and I thought you meant like vampires or something. LOL

Please believe me I'm not being snarky. I just don't understand and I really feel like I'm in the dark, here.

As I said in our other posts I wasn't too invested in the original characters. I read them as they connected to B/J but not their own back stories. I WAS happy, though, that his female artist friend (forgot her name) and husband and kid moved to the Pitts to work the art center. I was hoping for that from the moment they all took a tour of the building.

Last edited by brianitesince2001; 11-09-2017 at 08:19 AM
Old 11-09-2017, 08:17 AM
Fan Forum Star

You didn't read about the...

Spoiler:
Old 11-09-2017, 08:22 AM
Dedicated Fan

Quote:
You didn't read about the...

Spoiler:
Hiya!! Yes, I did. I just edited my post to tell you that I remembered now what you were talking about. LOL

I just read a supernatural fic called the Loft - they were two years apart and both living in the loft. They were communicating via letters through their mailbox (just like The Lakehouse). So, I was thinking about vampires or B/J fight off zombies or something. LOL
Closed Thread   Post New Thread