Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by galela
i guess she thought i'd never find out since she never commented on any of my icon posts. however, she used my icon replying to a mutual friend's entry. i checked her icon page & see all these icons made by my friends or me, edited in a very poor way or just taken without being edited, claiming she made them.
i dunno. it's really not worth it, getting into a fight over lj icons.
it does piss me off, tho.
Understandble that it'd piss you off. IMO, you should contact her and tell her you either want her to credit you or take down the icons. In addition, you don't want her editing them anymore. Be firm, but polite about it.

I had something similar happen to me a few months back when I posted icons. I was furious, and haven't posted anymore since. People suck, I swear!
"The most important thing to me is that I have had people come up to me and say the show made me feel different about what they could be, about what they could do, about how they respond to problems, about being a female leader." - Joss Whedon
Old 01-03-2005, 10:09 AM
Fan Forum Hero

hi guys! it's my first time on the OT thread.

shabana, are the QAF books only available online or can you get them in US bookstores?

galela, sorry to hear about the person stealing your lj icons. that totally sucks she should at least give you proper credit since she used it. hope you work it out.

Old 01-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by teena1013
galela, sorry to hear about the person stealing your lj icons. that totally sucks she should at least give you proper credit since she used it. hope you work it out.
well, i make them so people can use them, that's ok. and like i said before, the not giving credit i could live with but to say she made them, that's what's pissing me off.

jen , thanks for the advice. it's not like it's happened the first time. i had someone take an avie here on ff. when i contacted her about it, she got all smartass about it like this is the internet & blabla. and someone else on lj took two of my non-shareable icons once & i asked her really politely not to use them. i have a ton of shareable icons that make me squee when i see someone else using them. i have like 2 or 3 i don't want to share. and she posted on my lj something like "well, is there any shareable icons here". incredibly rude, if you ask me. we make the icons for everyone to use for free, it takes a lot of time to make some of them & this bitch took it for granted like it's her god-given right to use someone else's icon.
and now this.
i'm probably gonna contact her. i don't know yet. these two ladies i told you about showed me that it's really not worth it, you're just getting more involved & it's gonna cost you nerves & time.
it sucks it happened to you, too. i guess it really happens to everyone who decides to share something.
i'm not gonna stop making icons, tho. i love making them when i'm in the mood & 99% of the users really appreciate it & are really really nice.

Last edited by galela; 01-05-2005 at 06:57 AM
Old 01-05-2005, 04:54 AM
Elite Fan

Teena - As far as I know you would be able to buy it in US stores..But over here in the UK..we can only get it online.
Old 01-05-2005, 05:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

galela, all i can say is that girl is a biatch it's really pathetic that she would resort to stealing your lj icons that you want to keep for yourself when, in fact, you have a lot of shareable icons already. i don't get how people can do that. don't worry. karma will bite her in the a--!

kelly, thanks for the info will ask my sister or friends in the US to look for it for me.

Old 01-05-2005, 06:59 AM
Supreme Fan

teena - it is pathetic of her, really. i'm kinda not bothered any more. many people in the fandom know where the icon really comes from so - why even bother. it's really not worth it.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:17 AM
Elite Fan

teena - thats awesome...I hope they find it!

Dine - I wouldn't bother either...you and everyone else knows that you made the icons...she just looks really stupid.
Old 01-05-2005, 02:11 PM
Master Fan

Okay I know this OT but I can't see any posts the background and the text are all black so basically I have to highlight everything to see whatsbeing said. I've already PMed about this and they admin's or whoever are trying to sort out the problem. Its hard for me to do it like this, but for a while I'm going to be lurking instead of posting, because I can't see a damn thing and now my font had to be white so I can see my own Posts

Teena: I bought my Book from ebay, he still sold it to me strange I think he changed what cards we can use on paypal, but I'm happy now

Old 01-05-2005, 04:27 PM
Elite Fan

I'm glad you got your book Shabana
Old 01-06-2005, 03:36 AM
Fan Forum Hero

galela, it is better if you let go and not bother with the issue anymore. she shouldn't be worth any more of your time. it's good that a lot of people here know your work & give you proper credit.

kelly, i hope my sister finds it how much does it cost anyway?

shabana, sorry you're having problems seeing the posts. hope the admin people work it out so you get to post again. we'll miss you

Last edited by teena1013; 01-09-2005 at 05:45 AM
Old 01-06-2005, 08:15 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teena1013
gale
first i'm galela, then galel & now gale. what's next? gal? kidding.
i wish i were gale. i'd spend the entire day in front of a mirror. nekkid.
Old 01-06-2005, 03:07 PM
Master Fan

My system is fixed. I had to upgrade my explorer to 6.0

Old 01-06-2005, 04:04 PM
Elite Fan

Thats great Shabana! I'm glad things are working better now
Old 01-07-2005, 04:49 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orton
My system is fixed. I had to upgrade my explorer to 6.0
I just did that, too. White text! Yay!
Old 01-07-2005, 02:41 PM
Master Fan

Thank Kelly

you too Anja, I had to sit there for 2 hours, but it was okay cause I was busy doing some stuff anyway.

I never went to school today, bad me too boring we have finsihed everything anyway.

Closed Thread   Post New Thread