Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2017, 07:05 PM
Ultimate Fan

I just love Tate and Logan They are the best I am now waiting for book 6 to see the finale

Hmmm rockstar stories - I don't know a lot of m/m rockstar stories but I think I know one or two - I'll have a look and get back to you
Old 12-25-2017, 07:38 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ♥ Gale's Fragile Beauty ♥ (View Post)
The only problem is, Photobucket now charges for storage if you want to share your pics on websites. If I didn't pay, every photo on every website I've posted on would disappear. Until I find another photo hosting service, my hands are tied.
The greedy side of corporate wins again. Maybe while they're charging for more storage, they can come up with ways to improve their painfully slow website's connection

"We came for the queer but stayed for the folk" ~ Peter Paige
Old 12-26-2017, 12:13 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SojournHeart11 (View Post)
The greedy side of corporate wins again. Maybe while they're charging for more storage, they can come up with ways to improve their painfully slow website's connection
Seems that is all some companies (most companies it seems) care about these days. More money and less customer service
Old 12-26-2017, 05:27 AM
Fan Forum Star

Since I started listening to audio books, I've noticed that they're much more expensive than regular eBooks. Hopefully the writers are making more money this way.

So far I'm on my second. It's just weird hearing some of the words read out loud. I literally while I'm in my car listening.
Old 12-26-2017, 05:41 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Since I started listening to audio books, I've noticed that they're much more expensive than regular eBooks. Hopefully the writers are making more money this way.

So far I'm on my second. It's just weird hearing some of the words read out loud. I literally while I'm in my car listening.
I haven't listened to any audio books - I don't think it would be a thing I would do often - maybe if I was travelling and driving I would (my mum used to do that) but I wouldn't do it just at home I don't think. Do you do it just for travelling or just everyday?

Also, it would be good if the authors got more money for the audio books - I don't think they earn a lot some of them - well especially the m/m authors - I don't think any are on the NY Times best selling lists yet.
Old 12-26-2017, 06:18 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
I haven't listened to any audio books - I don't think it would be a thing I would do often - maybe if I was travelling and driving I would (my mum used to do that) but I wouldn't do it just at home I don't think. Do you do it just for travelling or just everyday?

Also, it would be good if the authors got more money for the audio books - I don't think they earn a lot some of them - well especially the m/m authors - I don't think any are on the NY Times best selling lists yet.
The only best-seller that I can think of now is "Call Me By Your Name". I only listen when I'm alone in my car though. It would be pretty embarrassing.

This is the one I'm "reading" now. Borrowing Blue by Lucy Lennox. I like it. I had to get used to the narrator, but it got really good.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:04 AM
Elite Fan

I want to buy some audio books for my car. I'm always listening to music so time for a change and that's one of my new year resolutions

Hopefully they will start to make money out of that
Old 12-26-2017, 10:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSapphire (View Post)
I want to buy some audio books for my car. I'm always listening to music so time for a change and that's one of my new year resolutions

Hopefully they will start to make money out of that
Audiobooks are perfect to listen to when you drive

icon by Daggi
Old 12-26-2017, 07:06 PM
Ultimate Fan

Deborah - I've read some of hers and actually finished 'A very Marian Christmas' last night actually

Where do you all buy your audio books from?
Old 12-27-2017, 06:47 AM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Deborah - I've read some of hers and actually finished 'A very Marian Christmas' last night actually

Where do you all buy your audio books from?
Audible

I was really happy to know that she wrote a "Made Marian" series, from each of the boy's POV. I 'm going to read the digital books though, because they're free on Kindle Unlimited.

I also started reading Mission:X by Kim Alan. It's short and cute so far.
Old 12-28-2017, 03:16 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Audible

I was really happy to know that she wrote a "Made Marian" series, from each of the boy's POV. I 'm going to read the digital books though, because they're free on Kindle Unlimited.

I also started reading Mission:X by Kim Alan. It's short and cute so far.
I don't have audible but lot of the YouTubers I watch do and they keep doing ads for it and stuff

Do you find Kindle Unlimited good? I don't know if I would get enough books to make it worth it or not? Also, are some on the unlimited and some are not? Last night I went on to Amazon and went to their free book section and got a whole bunch of free m/m books so that will keep me going for a while - some of them are pretty good

I'll have to look up that one Deborah
Old 12-28-2017, 05:46 AM
Fan Forum Star

If I use it, Kindle Unlimited is worth it. But you're right...not all are available free. For example, "Call Me By Your Name" wasn't on it, so I had to buy it.

Mission-X is a free story. Are you on Goodreads? On the M/M group they have an annual writing event, where authors write stories based on the readers prompt. Then the stories are compiled into a collection. Some are really good, but all free.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:08 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
If I use it, Kindle Unlimited is worth it. But you're right...not all are available free. For example, "Call Me By Your Name" wasn't on it, so I had to buy it.

Mission-X is a free story. Are you on Goodreads? On the M/M group they have an annual writing event, where authors write stories based on the readers prompt. Then the stories are compiled into a collection. Some are really good, but all free.
I did get onto goodreads and get a user name and stuff a while ago but I haven't looked at it for ages so I am not sure I even remember it I'll have to have a look again
Old 01-01-2018, 04:47 AM
Ultimate Fan

So it's a new month and I thought about talk about a different author every month or so If people are looking for a new m/m author to read this year

So the first one is N.R Walker. She is an Australian author who has written heaps of books about heaps of different character and story types. She has vampires, outback Australia, ones set in America - all over

She has a number of different series books if you like a series but also lots of one-offs. I know some of her books are free on Amazon in Australian and they could be in other countries too

Some of her books have been translated into French and two into German so far.

Here is one of hers:

Old 01-01-2018, 06:24 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thanks so much for that recommendation, Fiona. I will download it. It has terrific reviews and sound like something I would love.

In case anyone wants to read the reviews and stuff, here it is on Goodreads. You can even download it for free. Learning to Feel by N.R. Walker

Thanks again, Fiona! We are thankful that you've found your way to us.
Closed Thread   Post New Thread