Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2018, 09:17 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

girls, I have a question about goodread. our youngest in the danceschool team reads lgbt books too. and I wanted to put her on my kindle, but it didn't work. now I saw that she is on goodread with her kindle, and said to her that those books are there too. she said, she thought that there are only reviews? I thought you are also reading on it? am I wrong?

icon by Daggi
Old 06-17-2018, 09:21 PM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
girls, I have a question about goodread. our youngest in the danceschool team reads lgbt books too. and I wanted to put her on my kindle, but it didn't work. now I saw that she is on goodread with her kindle, and said to her that those books are there too. she said, she thought that there are only reviews? I thought you are also reading on it? am I wrong?
Do you mean reading books on goodreads? I look at the reviews on there and they often have links to where you can buy books on the internet.

How old is the girl reading them?
Old 06-17-2018, 09:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmaldy24 (View Post)
Do you mean reading books on goodreads? I look at the reviews on there and they often have links to where you can buy books on the internet.

How old is the girl reading them?
yes that's what I meant. she is going to be 17 in august. she just finished school now, two years earlier and starts to study in october, and you completly forget about her age when you talk to her. she is the girl who also watched QaF, and I asked her to pop in her, but I think a board is not her thing..

so you can't read at goodreads.. then maybe I should recommend kindle unliited to her..

icon by Daggi
Old 06-18-2018, 02:45 AM
Ultimate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giotto (View Post)
yes that's what I meant. she is going to be 17 in august. she just finished school now, two years earlier and starts to study in october, and you completly forget about her age when you talk to her. she is the girl who also watched QaF, and I asked her to pop in her, but I think a board is not her thing..

so you can't read at goodreads.. then maybe I should recommend kindle unliited to her..

Deborah might now more about Goodreads - I just use it for reviews really.

Only 16 - wow! and already very socially aware obviously
Old 06-18-2018, 06:11 AM
Extreme Fan

I'm not sure about goodreads. I've only been on once or twice.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

I think Goodreads may have some free books that are specially written for them or something like contests or something once a year but yeah I am not totally sure 100%
Old 06-19-2018, 09:51 AM
Fan Forum Star

I will try to answer, if I am understanding correctly.

On Goodreads, unless an author has uploaded the book to their page, you have to go to Amazon to "purchase". Once there, it will tell you if the book is free. If so, click read for free and download it to your device.

And Fiona is correct about the events authors write for on Goodreads. There is a group that I belong to called M/M Romance. You have to join the group and be 18+.

A few of the events they've had in the past are Love Is Always Write, Love Has No Boundaries and Love's Landscapes. There are more. Some of the stories are quite good and posted as anthologies so they can be downloaded in bulk.

I recommend this group.
Old 06-19-2018, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

ok, now I know how it works. thank you.

i'm going to give her my paperbooks, but I only have the nicky james books .. and I ask her about kindle unlimited

icon by Daggi
Old 06-20-2018, 06:53 AM
Fan Forum Star

I used to spend so much time on Goodreads and participated in MANY reading challenges and games. Not on MM, but thats how I got a lot of my recommendations. If anyone would like to access my Goodreads book shelves, you have to friend request me. Otherwise my lists should be private. (Hopefully they didn't sneakily change it).

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/3329111
Old 06-20-2018, 08:05 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

btw.. we need a new title here suggestions?

icon by Daggi
Old 06-26-2018, 07:54 AM
Ultimate Fan

Some new books I have read :

Julien by Ella Frank - this is a continuation of Priest, Robbie and Julien (Who were characters in the Tate and Logan series )

Damage Control by Kate McMurray - he's a gay republican trying to change the system from within apparently and he had broken up with his bf cause he didn't want people to actually know he was gay and in the republican party. He has a crime happen and goes back to his ex who helps him - it wasn't too bad

Something about you - Riley Hart - nice story

Oceans and Galaxies by N.R. Walker - brand new and just released like 2 days ago - set in Australia. One of the characters does have some abuse in his background but it's ok so far with the detail and stuff - I'm almost finished it

I tried to get onto your Goodreads Deborah but I couldn't remember my log in If I do remember it I will have another go But it did say it was private when I tried - it said I had to ask you to see them
Old 06-27-2018, 12:43 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Queer As Folk

wow Fiona, you are a busy reader!! they do sound very interesting

any suggestions for a new title?

icon by Daggi
Old 06-27-2018, 03:12 AM
Ultimate Fan

New thread - http://www.fanforum.com/f87/lgbt-fic...life-63209922/
Closed Thread   Post New Thread