Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 03-20-2005, 03:13 PM
Extreme Fan

I usually just roll my eyes whenever he mentions it because I expect it. I wonder what he's going to say in his interviews now that he's finished playing Justin. *crosses fingers hoping that we get some* Randy is such a secret fanboy about the OC.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 03-20-2005, 09:03 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by galela
oh, you haven't? we posted some in old threads. maybe cathy or someone else from the randy crew can help out & post them again. i only save gale's interviews. if i run across any, i'll make sure to post them here, tho.
Thanks dine. I'd appreciate it.

And Cathy is like my info-Randy girl, but she seems to have disappeared. Oh, where are you Cathy? I miss you!

Aww, I'm sure he likes the second season. Especially if he liked the brooding Ryan thing...which seems to be back.
Old 03-20-2005, 09:15 PM
Part-Time Fan

I got to meet Randy he is very different from his charcter on the show, he;s more of a calm guy very social and very dedicated to love, he;s a good guy and i got a hug out of him
Old 03-20-2005, 11:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I got to meet Randy he is very different from his charcter on the show, he;s more of a calm guy very social and very dedicated to love, he;s a good guy and i got a hug out of him
A Randy hug...aww We need details! We got a bunch of Randy lovers in here.

Quote:
Aww, I'm sure he likes the second season. Especially if he liked the brooding Ryan thing...which seems to be back.
I wonder what ship he supports. I'm so confused with my ships besides for S/S, I can't decide between R/M or A/M but that's for a whole 'nother board.
I am beginning to know what it feels like to be a woman. To have people looking at you all the time. And I’m sorry ladies, I had no idea! But people are looking at me all the time. Its like i have musical boobies! ~ John Mayer
Old 03-21-2005, 05:06 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Girl
And Cathy is like my info-Randy girl, but she seems to have disappeared. Oh, where are you Cathy? I miss you!
i assume she's just busy. i haven't seen her on lj much either, so she's probably busy with school.

MaxPax13 - how come you've met him? when & where? you're so lucky.

Quote:
it's getting much better, tho. he's not been brooding that much the past three episodes. or at least it wasn't annoying.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorksrock
I wonder what ship he supports. I'm so confused with my ships besides for S/S, I can't decide between R/M or A/M but that's for a whole 'nother board.
I can't help but comment on this. I think that Marissa should just be written off the show! and that's all I'll say.

Dine: Yeah, Cathy said she was really busy with school. I just had to give her a shout-out. (yeah, it is getting much better thank god.)
Old 03-22-2005, 12:06 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
I can't help but comment on this. I think that Marissa should just be written off the show! and that's all I'll say.
I think she was much worse last season. She's tolerable now, at least IMO.

We're lacking Cathyness on the QAF board. Hopefully her workload will let up soon.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:58 PM
Ultimate Fan

Hey you guys
I really missed this thread

MaxPax13 : You got a Randy hug? Aww. So lucky

Have you guys heard this?
- Datalounge reports:
Randy Harrison in talks to play a detective in new CBS show . QAF's Justin, Randy Harrison is pegged as the lead in the CBS crime drama, Judd Opus, about a college age detective. The role is straight. I believe Jerry Bruckheimer is the producer. Valarie Bertenelli to play Randy Harrison's mother in the new CBS drama JUDD OPUS. It's perfect casting. She re-enters college life, with her son, and complicates the cases he works on. Great drama! Official announcments won't be out until May.

Krista: Here's a Randy article you might like...

Quote:
Randy Harrison: "Don't call him Justin"
By ANN FINSTAD

As Justin Taylor on "Queer as Folk," Randy Harrison has come a long way in three-plus seasons. Once a naive 17-year-old who, when asked if he liked the drug Special K replied "I like Cheerios better," Justin has become the King of Babylon, a survivor of a violent gay-bashing incident, a successful comic book artist, and, most recently, a member of a gay vigilante group – as well as winning over the "heartless" Brian Kinney to boot.

But don’t confuse Harrison with the character he plays on TV. During a recent conversation, he’s quick to point out that although he and Justin might look alike, that’s where the similarities end. "I think that when he was younger he was more similar to maybe what I was when I was that age. But, you know we sort of have grown up in really different directions … it’s harder for me to relate to him now than it ever has been. I mean it’s more of a stretch."

"I like that he’s more different from me now. I find it interesting. I find it kind of interesting to start playing someone that has sort of grown into someone that you probably wouldn’t hang out with in real life, or have that much interest in talking to … " he trails off with a laugh.

Those are strong words regarding a character that’s brought Harrison much notoriety and acclaim since "Queer as Folk" premiered. As an openly gay cast member of show that’s often heralded as the groundbreaking forerunner to the current glut of mainstream programming featuring homosexuals, I ask Harrison what it’s like to have been a part of that for almost four years.

"I’m glad that one of the first major things I did, as far as job-wise, was something that does have some social relevance … and I felt like that when I started doing 'Queer as Folk.' I was aware of it, that we were pushing boundaries, and we were the first of a lot of things. And it felt good to know that."
"But we’ve done that," Harrison says. "And we did it four years ago. It all kind of seems like a fad a little bit. And as much as people believe it’s progress, it doesn’t seem like it is really."

"I mean, I think the most important thing is it at least created a sort of a dialogue for people to talk about gay rights and talk about homosexuality," Harrison says. "And I think it probably is at this point a little bit easier for teenagers to come out and for people who are in positions where they’re tortured by their identity to [cope] a little better."

"But as far as what it’s done for the gay community, you know, that’s already out, and active," Harrison says. "I don’t know that there’s necessarily been progress. I feel like there’s a backlash already, a little bit. I feel like it’s as limiting in what people expect of you as a homosexual, or what they think you are like. We sort of define ourselves in a way, by these representations of a really small aspect of what we are in the community."

But despite the faddish nature of the media explosion, Harrison concedes that it has resulted in an overall positive outcome, even if it falls short in some ways.
"It’s just hard because I’m more interested in laws actually changing, and the true perception, the American perception of what we are actually changing, and I don’t really see that happening. I mean, we’re still pushing. But I feel like the whole aspect of civil rights, it’s totally independent of a television set."

When it comes to talking about infamous sex scenes and nudity that "Queer as Folk" features on a weekly basis, Harrison sounds weary, like he’s tired of answering the question. I can’t blame him if he is – but we are a culture obsessed with sex, as he’s quick to point out, so there’s no skirting the issue.
"It’s funny because everyone wants to talk about [the scenes]. People like to latch onto sex for some reason still, and get sort of obsessive about the naked body. It’s funny because when you watch it, just the fact that it’s two people who appear to be naked – even though we’re not – in proximity to each other, an amount of intimacy comes across that oftentimes just really isn’t there. It’s totally technical. But people see two things and they create that in their minds. You know, you can’t see two naked people together that close and not assume a sort of intimacy."

And what does he think of the infatuation that people, especially straight women, have with the Brian and Justin relationship?

"I find it sort of mildly amusing. It just seems kind of strange, I’m not really a television person, so whenever people get sort of obsessive relationships about television characters I find it sort of bizarre."

As one of those people (with the memory of my latest "TV boyfriend" fresh on my mind), I laugh nervously as he continues. "It’s really sweet and it’s nice that for whatever reason the story line and our work [are] so compelling."
During the six months of the year while he’s not filming "Queer as Folk," Harrison spends time auditioning, doing theater, and catching up with friends and family, as well as taking classes part time at Columbia University. When I ask what he studies, he says his interests lie in English Literature and other artistic classes – but "not acting [classes]."

As our conversation continues, I get the impression that Harrison is ready to move on to the next phase in his life, where the issue isn’t how many times his butt has been on television or whether or not Justin and Brian will ever fully commit to each other.

Harrison’s true enthusiasm seems to lie with the work he’s producing outside of "Queer as Folk."
He makes no secret that he’s tired of dressing up and making the promotional rounds for the show and prefers working in theater over television. He talks more willingly about his own interests than the events that occur when he’s Justin Taylor, at one point even saying "It feels strange to be talking about [Justin] because he’s not a real person."

As evidence of his emphatic non-Justin-ism, Harrison shares that unlike his character, he has no talent as an artist, but his creativity does express itself in other ways. "I write. But I’ve never been happy enough to let other people read what I write. I’ve never had the focus and the attention span to write a novel. I think I wrote like a 120 page mini-novel when I was like, 15, and that was the longest thing I’ve ever written and it was terrible. I write short plays and short movies that I shoot with my digital camera with my friends."

And when he thinks of the future, when Justin is just a tiny speck in his rearview mirror?

"I’ll keep acting, you know. I’ll definitely keep doing theater. I’d love to break into film. I’m making small films with my friends now, and after five years of doing that, it could become bigger films. I’d love to start a theater company [with a group of friends] … I’ll just keep acting. I don’t know exactly what the opportunities that will present themselves to me are, I know I’m creating a lot of my own work and that’ll definitely get bigger and more exciting and maybe one day even scrounge me up some money."

He laughs, possibly aware that this sounds strange, and amends himself to say that he’d like to make money on work he’s created on his own, not just by playing someone else’s character.

With the fifth season of "Queer as Folk" just announced, Justin Taylor isn’t quite out of the picture for Randy Harrison yet. But at least Harrison is excited about his many prospects for the future.

Vincent Augusto Spiederman Jennifer Margaret Williamson

Last edited by kyleschick; 03-23-2005 at 10:10 PM
Old 03-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Extreme Fan

Cathy! We missed you!

I just finished reading that CBS tv show bit on LJ. That's a bit weird. If it's true, I can't imagine him doing it. If it does happen, at least we get to see Randy every week again.

Thanks for reposting that article. I don't think our B/J love is bizarre at all.
Old 03-24-2005, 02:48 AM
Supreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Girl
I can't help but comment on this. I think that Marissa should just be written off the show!
awww. no. i agree that she was really annoying me last season, towards the end, starting with that oliver thing. and the dj thing this season wasn't much better but i think the oc is getting better again. i really liked the last 3 episodes.
and i don't get where all the mischa hate seems to be coming from. i mean, dislike marissa, i can see where you're coming from. but hate mischa because of what the writers of the show make marissa go through? i'll never get that.

sooo, cathy's back.
i just read about randy playing a detective. i kinda doubt it, tho. i mean, he always sounds like he doesn't wanna do any more tv & all that & now a detective? and it doesn't sound much like randy either. i don't know. *shrugs* i kinda hope it's not true.

Last edited by galela; 03-24-2005 at 03:31 AM
Old 03-24-2005, 07:01 AM
Extreme Fan

Hey Cathy! Thanks for the article. I knew you'd have something

Quote:
I don't think our B/J love is bizarre at all.
ITA. I mean, it's not like I obsess over them and then start like these long discussions about where they are going to end up in their relationship and stuff like that.

Quote:
awww. no. i agree that she was really annoying me last season, towards the end, starting with that oliver thing. and the dj thing this season wasn't much better but i think the oc is getting better again. i really liked the last 3 episodes.
and i don't get where all the mischa hate seems to be coming from. i mean, dislike marissa, i can see where you're coming from. but hate mischa because of what the writers of the show make marissa go through? i'll never get that.
Yeah, I don't get that either. I don't hate Mischa. I mean I hate Marissa, I can't help it. IMO she just gets worse and worse, but I don't go around bashing her like other people do. Honestly, I haven't seen in her anything else, so I'm just used to thinking of her as Marissa. But, I've seen her in interviews and stuff and she seems really sweet. So I really feel bad for her with all those bashers out there. I mean, I hate Marissa, but she's a character! It's just that whole thing with people not being able to seperate an actor and their roles.

Quote:
i just read about randy playing a detective. i kinda doubt it, tho. i mean, he always sounds like he doesn't wanna do any more tv & all that & now a detective? and it doesn't sound much like randy either. i don't know. *shrugs* i kinda hope it's not true.
That's what I was thinking and I haven't even read all those interviews with him talking about not wanting to do t.v. anymore! But, I know enough to really question whether this is true or not. I doubt it as well.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Part-Time Fan

From what i've heard it's because of, people associate him to much with his TV character and he's tired of it because there both different people. So i guess i don't blame him.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Extreme Fan

Yeah, that's pretty much it from what I've heard and discussed.

But I'm not getting into that again.

I really do hope that he attends the premiere though. I know he must be happy that it's all over, but it's the last one that he'll have to go to, so I really hope that he does!
Old 03-26-2005, 08:44 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
ITA. I mean, it's not like I obsess over them and then start like these long discussions about where they are going to end up in their relationship and stuff like that.
Of course not.

Quote:
he always sounds like he doesn't wanna do any more tv & all that & now a detective?
Yeah, the thing does seem dubious because like you said, Randy doesn't want to do more tv, he's more of a theatre guy. Guess we'll just wait and see.

Quote:
I really do hope that he attends the premiere though. I know he must be happy that it's all over, but it's the last one that he'll have to go to, so I really hope that he does!
Me too....and is is completely sad that I'm looking forward to what type of hair he's going to have if he goes?
Old 03-27-2005, 03:21 AM
Supreme Fan

aw, no it's, alyssa. after all, it IS all about the hair.