Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 07:32 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^^so so sad!

Miss California: My Sister Is A Gay Rights Activist | Access Hollywood - Celebrity News, Photos & Videos

just wondering about some people's thoughts on this whole hoopla... or if you don't know what it's about, miss california lost her crown for saying she doesn't believe in gay marriage... can i just say how retarded that is! how can gay rights even play a role in a beauty pageant?!... so freakin stupid! but at least she stood up for what she believes in... i'm actually kind of shocked at the backlash she's received for stating an honest opinion... sure, i'm a gay rights supporter, but it's completely insulting to the gay community for this to even be an issue... at least to me anyway... besides since when has it become politically correct to support gay anything? america is so full of hypocrites, blah
Old 04-21-2009, 07:37 AM
Fan Forum Hero

saw that. Pissed me off. Well she didn't seam hate full against the gays that is the most importent...not what she belives.

And hey if you live in swden you can get married now

"i'm not weird, i'm limited edition "

Old 04-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Star

I heard about that and actually watched that moment. Can't say I agree with her about the subject, but everybody's entitled to their opinion and if that's hers, she has the right to speak it. I kinda got annoyed though at the way she spoke, saying marriage is between a man and woman, that's what she is used to and things like that. It irked me a little.

But Perez shouldn't have even asked that question, it's not something to discuss in 2 seconds of answers in a beauty pageant. Besides, I've always thought it's so stupid to ask contestants questions of any kind in a beauty pageant. They're there to be judged on their beauty, not how smart they are or on the basis of their opinions. Besides, I usually feel so embarassed for the contestants because lots of times their answers are so stupid
Old 04-21-2009, 07:44 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah they are not ther for their inside...or atleast so i see it.

Here most ppl is toally okay with gay marrage. Or maybe i'm around that kinda ppl.

My mother had a funny convo with her bestfriend...let's say her brother has a whole other look at things then she and my mother does.

Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 AM
Fan Forum Star

it's difficult to have a right perception of where an entire country stands in general, but I have the impression we're still behind on this subject here in Italy. Maybe the fact we're very much catholic and church is very present in here has to do with it.

to me, it's not even a matter of right or wrong, when it comes to gay people getting married or not. It's just about everyone having the right to do what they feel. Right or wrong shouldn't even be a factor in the discussion.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:52 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Everyone that want to get married should get married. That is what i tihnk...easy as that.

You are probly behind in italy. I think it was one party in the state thing that was against it here. And was made me laught the other day was they ppl that want to change the partner ship to marriage ( it's a paper thing) get a new date of when they got marriage lol They get when they papers gets ther...not when they acully say yes.

Old 04-21-2009, 09:31 AM
Elite Fan

I watched the moment too actually. I think it wasn't such a bad question to ask. There were different questions about life etc, so it wasn't that bad.

I respect her for stating her opinion without ebing scared of it. That is one good point. Freedom of expression is vital especially when it goes against what you think. That's the whole point of it.

Having said that, she isn't so bright is she? What the heck does 'we have the right to choose' ( which is not true since gay marraige is illegal and California itself voted against ) and 'opposite marraige'?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Elite Fan

Erm... I'm more offended by beauty pageants than some girl publicly voicing her opinion (even if I completely disagree with the opinion in question)
Old 04-21-2009, 11:21 AM
Fan Forum Hero

i agree that the question shouldn't have been asked... especially by such ptp as perez hilton... plus could HE be anymore classless by calling her a dumb bitch, blah

honestly though, if you read what she said about her sister and how her sister is pro gay rights and in the military no less, i think to come from a home that allows one to have a mind of their own versus being told what to think is what speaks loudest... i just find it absurd anyone even cares that a beauty queen said whatever... but on a larger scale, i've seen the american media tear down every gay headline in one way or another for years... all of a sudden everyone is coming out batting for the community for the most retarded reason EVER! sad, seriously
Old 04-21-2009, 12:32 PM
Elite Fan

I find it absurd anyone would care about some "beauty queen" to begin with

Giant Gay Repellent Umbrella Keeping the world safe from Gay Marriage

and Colbert's version:

Not posting the original vid. It makes my head hurt
Old 04-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Fan Forum Hero

anti gay marragie ad. Are you kidding.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Elite Fan

Hee, I love Sophia! Personal comment aside, it's awesome!The original one is horrifying!
Old 04-21-2009, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

People make me sick

eta

ohnotheydidnt: Miley Speaks Up About Gay Rights

I think it's very good that she speaks out about it, cause even if I'm not a huge fan, tons of teens are listening to her

I would hate to miss another boat

Last edited by milestogo; 04-21-2009 at 01:00 PM
Old 04-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
anti gay marragie ad. Are you kidding.
That's why I only posted the parodies. The original vid is horrifying.

I agree, Jess. As much as I dislike her, it's probably a good thing in terms of influence on tweens out there. Heh, probably the only good influence she'll ever have
Old 04-21-2009, 01:30 PM
Elite Fan

Somebody posted the original on my Flist and I had to watch (the only reason to use that smilie )

She might get in trouble for her opinion though, she's still a disney kid But it was a nice surprise to see that

I would hate to miss another boat
Closed Thread   Post New Thread