Originally Posted by Ice B
Hey who said Orange is the new blue? Blue is still THE real thing
Yes indeed
Old 09-01-2005, 03:01 PM
Master Fan

God this thread is moving so fast I have no idea what is happening

Old 09-02-2005, 01:16 AM
Extreme Fan

Ok, well I got Wake yesterday morning (and Particles of Truth this monring) and although its nice to have them to squee over the pretty pics on the cover... I'm worried about money wastage.

I've only seen Wake so far, and if this is his best movie? Oh dear...

I mean, the acting on his behalf is good, I won't deny that. But the film is general?

It doesn't make much sense for a start. Am I just the stupid one who doesn't know what drugs Kyle is giving Sebastian? That alone just makes me annoyed with curiosity.

And yes, I know, I know alcohol can make you temperamental, but to that degree? Puh-lease! Unless one of these guys is pyscho or schizophrenic (which at first I thought Kyle was, what with the weird flashback memory thing in that shed)... but they weren't. I have to say it would have made the story a hell of a lot more interesting.

Basically, it wasn't written very well, it was confusing because they didn't explain anything (um, Kyle being shot at the end? By his brother or by his mum?! And hello? How the hell is she up and walking about when she's been drugged and basically dead the entire movie?!)

Though I'm prepared to admit I was wrong. To be fair, I was watching this with minimal volume because I didn't want to wake my family up, so I may have missed stuff. And I did tend to zone out at the boring parts (gah, something about their dad's boat...? I dunno...)

END

Maybe I need to watch it again?

Well, am watching Particles of Truth tonight - yay!
Old 09-02-2005, 05:57 AM
Elite Fan

I'm glad you got Wake hun Sorry it wasn't as you hoped. Let us know what you think of POT.
Old 09-02-2005, 06:09 AM
Elite Fan

I haven't seen any of them
And my stupid dvd player refuses zone1 dvds and I tried everything to de-zone this crap
Old 09-02-2005, 07:17 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~DresdenDoll~
I haven't seen any of them
And my stupid dvd player refuses zone1 dvds and I tried everything to de-zone this crap
Oh I'm sorry hun. From what people are saying..you're not missing too much.
Old 09-02-2005, 08:08 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I'm just borrowing your spoiler space for this post. I'll give it back when I'm finished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dance on tables

And yes, I know, I know alcohol can make you temperamental, but to that degree? Puh-lease! Unless one of these guys is pyscho or schizophrenic (which at first I thought Kyle was, what with the weird flashback memory thing in that shed)... but they weren't. I have to say it would have made the story a hell of a lot more interesting.

Basically, it wasn't written very well, it was confusing because they didn't explain anything (um, Kyle being shot at the end? By his brother or by his mum?! And hello? How the hell is she up and walking about when she's been drugged and basically dead the entire movie?!)

Though I'm prepared to admit I was wrong. To be fair, I was watching this with minimal volume because I didn't want to wake my family up, so I may have missed stuff. And I did tend to zone out at the boring parts (gah, something about their dad's boat...? I dunno...)

END

At one point during the film there is something mentioned about Kyle having been in some kind of psychiatry. At first, I was confused, too, but when one of his brothers mentioned something about him being released from there, it all made a bit more sense to me.

Kyle was shot by his brother. His mom wasn't there. Yes, you could see her, but that was Kyle, who saw her and no one else. Basically, they wanted to show us that Kyle was shot, because his mom was already dead by then, and she sort of welcomed him to the afterlife. When I heard that shot and saw his mom, I knew that he was dead. Maybe it's just me, but it was kinda obvious to me, because I've seen such scenes in many other movies already.

But in general, I have to say that the movie really was boring in a way. Though I have to admit that Gale was much better in that movie than in other movies. His acting skills were even better than in some episodes of QAF, I must say. Well, that didn't really help the movie though. It was just a bad script.

And yes, POT is worse. Sometimes I just had this sudden urge to cover my eyes. Though there are people who like this movie, so if you haven't seen it yet, don't listen to me!
Old 09-02-2005, 09:18 AM
Extreme Fan

^ They actually did that? So, she was already dead and welcoming him into death.

Oh, dear Lord...

They pulled sooo many cliche's in this film - that has to be the worst though! They still do that sort of stuff in movies? I thought that was a strictly 80's thing!!!

Well, anyways, I really didn't enjoy that film.

But I'm going to be completely different to all the other fans and say... I liked POT. Though, maybe thats because I'm a fan of low budget, indie films.

SPOILERS.

I like that its not obsessed with action... it has more depth and more feeling in it compared to people running around with guns. Unlike Wake, all the dialogue is necessary (am I the only one who thought that sometimes the convo's in Wake were pointless? When Sebastian and Ray meet up at the beginning, its about 5 minutes of them saying hi to each other... booooring).

I also loved the actress. She was very attractive, and she remined me of Franka Potente, who I LOVE. The relationship she had with her father was so bitter sweet. She had this cr.ap childhood, and this cr.ap life growing up - and she never deserts him. She makes sure she gets that necklace before she sees him, which just proves her love no end, because she knows how important the necklace was to him.

It was interesting to see Gale's role as an obsessive compulsive, yet disturbing to watch at times (such as the washing the face scene and when he's in the underground). I think he really took it on board and took that role sensitively. He'd obviously done some research for it and it showed. Good on him.

Another point about this film is that when I was watching it, I wasn't subconciously thinking, 'wow, Gale is hot'. Unlike, Wake. I actually saw the character, not the actor.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:20 AM
Elite Fan

Glad you liked POT. I'm definately gonna give it a go.
Old 09-02-2005, 09:25 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I wonder what they wanted to tell us with "Wake", but I guess we will never find out.

What I really want to see is "Fathers & Sons". *kicks DVDPacific for still not having sent out the DVD*

I think I haven't thought about gale's hotness during "Wake" - at least not when I've seen it for the first time. At that time I've only thought how ridiculous he looked with his mom's robe.
Old 09-04-2005, 06:00 AM
Extreme Fan

Whats Fathers and Sons about??

Quote:
At that time I've only thought how ridiculous he looked with his mom's robe.
I know! I think it was, 'how many cliche's can we possibly fit into one movie?'

Ok, the more I think about this film, the more I hate it! LOL, I think I may have to end up selling it on ebay or somehting
Old 09-04-2005, 06:37 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Whats Fathers and Sons about??

"Fathers and Sons" revolves around the intertwined tales of three families who grow up on the same street, focusing on the relationship of fathers and sons. The first section, directed by Spera, features Anthony (Whitford) and Jenny (Mathis) and traces the father-son bond that develops between Anthony and his newborn son over 30 years. The second story, helmed by Garcia, centers on the affairs of an airline pilot (Mahoney) who shares a house but not a life with his wife (Baker). He crosses paths with an unusual woman (DuVall) and spends an extraordinary night with his son (Eldard). The final chapter, with Rappaport at the helm, follows the homecoming of Elliot (Harold) to his estranged family (Barbara Barrie, Joe Bologna and Lisa Edelstein). As his father dies, Elliot meets and falls in love with a woman (Shaw) who sees past his tough-guy exterior.

From imdb.com
Old 09-04-2005, 06:56 AM
Extreme Fan

That sounds good! I think I may buy that next....

Damn, I'm getting poor.

How much do you guys think I should sell Wake for? I'm not sure how much its worth and how much ebay'ers will want to pay for it really? I haven't seen a Wake DVD up for sale on there really, so I'm hoping it may go up quite a bit...
Old 09-04-2005, 06:58 AM
Elite Fan

I think it will get quite a bit of money. Start it off low and I'm sure it will sell.