Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 09-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Master Fan

I really liked Katherine, hated April, and thought Dil was a jerk. The movie was a lot of fun but I wish they'd lost the April storyline.

What did everyone else think?
Old 09-05-2006, 03:24 AM
Part-Time Fan

I was half hoping that Dil (Nicky) walked into Katherine (Charisma) in the shower.

I thought the movie was good and light hearted.

Come check out my blog: http://freakfaceusacelebpics.blogspot.com/
Old 09-05-2006, 06:28 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It was pretty funny though. I liked the sibling rivalry between all of them. Nicky and Chris had a great brother thing going on. I could actually see them as brothers in another show too. I wasn't really feeling the whole April storyline either, but you knew that that had to be thrown in there. I think that they could've just gone with the Lil-Pam drama thing and they would've been fine. But seriously, the whole hippoty-hop croquet - Funniest thing ever!

beautiful creatures
Old 09-05-2006, 02:37 PM
Part-Time Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakface (View Post)
I was half hoping that Dil (Nicky) walked into Katherine (Charisma) in the shower.

I thought the movie was good and light hearted.
I was hoping that was the case as well.

I wasn't much of a fan of April either. All around though, it was pretty funny/cute movie. Charisma was great as usual.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:08 PM
Master Fan

I liked the movie better than I thought I would. I agree about the April storyline, I wish they didn't have it. I thought both Charisma and Nick did a fantastic job and would love them to do another movie together, prehaps with them married or at the very least really good friends.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:42 AM
Master Fan

I'm thinking TV show with the two of them. They could be the new George and Gracie or Lucy and Desi.

I still hate April and Dil's still a jerk.
Old 09-06-2006, 11:18 PM
Master Fan

I caught the ending again last night and I really dispise the April storyline even more.

Dil was a jerk, but I kinda liked him anyways.
Old 09-11-2006, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug579 (View Post)
I really liked Katherine, hated April, and thought Dil was a jerk. The movie was a lot of fun but I wish they'd lost the April storyline.

What did everyone else think?
The same exact thing. I was really upset when he dumped Katherine in the end, and the way he talked about her after sending Gil down the lake or whatever that happened to be. I litterally almost fell off of the bed because I was so angry.

I don't think he was a jerk until the end though.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:19 PM
Master Fan

I liked all of the characters throughout the movie until they started building up to the April/Dil stuff. Then they lost me. I enjoyed the family interaction, especially the events, but hated the relationship stuff. I would have liked it if they'd dropped the April character and done more with Lil's daughter since I found that interesting.

My biggest problems came at the end. I thought it was unbelievable that they set Gil off down the river and didn't follow along. What if he flipped over or one of the inner tubes deflated? He could have drowned. And how did they expect him to get out of the water. He'd just been shot in the foot which was why he couldn't finish the hike so he would have had to go to the hospital. I guess they expected him to hop there.

Plus, Katherine disappeared as soon as Dil dumped her which was jarring. As far as we know, she had to walk back to the house to get her stuff and we have no idea how she got home since Dil drove them there. So much of the ending seemed dependent on disliking Katherine but I really liked her. I wouldn't have left $100,000 in diamonds in the woods either and she did offer to go with Dil if he needed her so I don't understand his reaction. It just felt like they ran out of time so they ended the movie.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
I would have liked it if they'd dropped the April character and done more with Lil's daughter since I found that interesting.
Lil's daughter was more interesting than April. April was just.. there. That's all she was. I don't really see the importance of her character. She didn't dramatically change anything.

Quote:
My biggest problems came at the end. I thought it was unbelievable that they set Gil off down the river and didn't follow along. What if he flipped over or one of the inner tubes deflated? He could have drowned. And how did they expect him to get out of the water. He'd just been shot in the foot which was why he couldn't finish the hike so he would have had to go to the hospital. I guess they expected him to hop there.
Exactly! All those two cared about was winning. Dil had time to find a rock on the ground but not to help his brother. I'd have gone with Gil. How would they've known that he'd even get back to the other side? Personally a family member means more than winning a tournament that could be one next year. I do like when their mother said, 'because her parents are dead.' Just they way she said it made me laugh.

Quote:
Plus, Katherine disappeared as soon as Dil dumped her which was jarring. As far as we know, she had to walk back to the house to get her stuff and we have no idea how she got home since Dil drove them there. So much of the ending seemed dependent on disliking Katherine but I really liked her.
They made it seem like she'd just dropped off the edge of the earth. I really liked Katherine too. Not only because it's CC but because the character was interesting. It made me happy because the way she played Katherine reminded me of how she played Cordelia. I just saw a similarity.

Quote:
I wouldn't have left $100,000 in diamonds in the woods either and she did offer to go with Dil if he needed her so I don't understand his reaction. It just felt like they ran out of time so they ended the movie.
They also had her forget the diamonds. I don't remember seeing her walk back in to get them. I wouldn't have left them either. Especially if I had to go through hell to get them from that bear.
Old 09-11-2006, 02:54 PM
Master Fan

Did you think it was creepy when April told Katherine that her parents named her so she'd fit in with the Gilbert rhyme scheme? I thought that was really weird, especially when she went on to say that she always thought she'd marry Gil or Dil. It was like she didn't really care which as long as her last name was Gilbert and the way the actress delivered the line made it seem like she expected Katherine to just step aside so she could have Dil.

I had high hopes that the end of the movie wouldn't be a cliche when Katherine told Dil about that conversation. It would have been a lot more interesting if Dil had decided he wanted to be with the person that challenged him rather than the person that...did whatever it was that April did. Unfortunately, they went for the cliche.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:09 PM
Master Fan

Very disturbing. That did seem like it was all she wanted, the last name of Gilbert. Was it just me or was she very quick to say 'yes' when Gil's wife asked if they thought the Gilbert guys were attractive? I thought April pretty much jumped the gun on that one..

Exactly, I wanted it to end the opposite of what everyone thought it would. I hate those predictable stories. Which would mean Katherine and not April. I think he was just comfortable with April because he'd known her longer. I'd have loved to see Katherine crash that wedding, though.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:32 PM
Master Fan

Everything about April bothered me. Her name rhymed. She flat out said she wanted to be a Gilbert. She worked in their store so they were her employers. She lived above the store so they were her landlords. She just seemed desperate and kind of stalkerish.

I thought the wedding was horrible. It was boring and cheesy and if I'm not mistaken, April was wearing a cotton wedding dress. I've never seen anyone get married in cotton before. I have a friend that got married on the beach right by the water and even she wore linen.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:43 PM
Master Fan

Obsessive even. A lot of me thinks that she just married him because of her last name. I don't know what the writers were thinking when they designed her character. If she was neighbors with them, that'd be different. Not living above their business with a rhyming name and being with them every day of the year.

I didn't pay too much attention to that part. I just watched the end so i'd see the whole movie. But the wedding was lame. It's cool that they had it in their backyard and all but it just looked like they were having a bbq of some kind except with having suits and dresses. And no grill.
Old 11-28-2006, 06:32 PM
Dedicated Fan

finally saw the movie. i liked it and all but why cant charisma get a part where shes not the "prissy" type of girl!
even tho, she rocked at her part.