Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 05-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Part-Time Fan

Katherine - "Relative Chaos" News and Discussion

apparently CC has ANOTHER movie in the works, this time with Nick Brendon as a co-star

link to article

relative part
Quote:
Relative Chaos goes to camera next week

Another movie of the week called Relative Chaos, produced by Frank von Zerneck and Robert M. Sertner of the Los Angeles based von Zerneck/Sertner Films goes to camera next week.

The movie involves a family who reunites to vie for a trophy called The Gilbert Cup.

The Tattler has learned that Nicholas Brendon (Buffy and the Vampire Slayer), Charisma Carpenter (Veronica Mars), Fiona Reid (My Big Fat Greek Wedding), who was just in town doing Neptune Theatre’s Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf? are cast.

Local actors Stacy Smith and Sarah English are also among the cast.

Relative Chaos will be directed by Steve Robman (The O.C., Gilmore Girls). The movie is expected to air on the ABC Family network.

yay,
Cordy and Xander together again
Old 05-11-2006, 09:59 AM
Master Fan

That's awesome news. I ♥ Xander and Cordy and will take them wherever I can.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:33 AM
Master Fan

More casting news. I'm so excited about this movie.

Quote:
Bradshaw, Gorham in Relative Chaos

Actor Terry Bradshaw, a former star quarterback for the NFL’s Pittsburgh Steelers, has landed a principal role in the ABC Family network movie, Relative Chaos, which goes to camera in and around Halifax today.

Bradshaw recently starred in the Matthew McConaughey/Sarah Jessica Parker movie Failure to Launch.

Also cast in the local film is 32-year-old Fresno, Calif.-born actor Christopher Gorham, who has starred in Out of Practice, CSI and Felicity.

They will join Nicholas Brendon (Buffy and the Vampire Slayer), Charisma Carpenter (Veronica Mars), Fiona Reid (My Big Fat Greek Wedding), Jayne Eastwood (This Is Wonderland), Mayko Nguyen (ReGenesis), Jenn Robertson (Comedy Inc.) and local actors Stacy Smith (New Waterford Girl), Sarah English and Nikki Barnett.

The movie is one in a long list of TV productions filmed in Nova Scotia by Frank von Zerneck and Robert M. Sertner of the Los Angeles based von Zerneck/Sertner Films.

The movie involves a family who reunites to vie for The Gilbert Cup.

Relative Chaos is directed by Steve Robman (The O.C., Gilmore Girls).

Some of the locations include Purcell’s Cove, Burnside, and the Candleriggs Dining Room and Craft Shop in French Village.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:30 PM
Master Fan

Wow, a lot of well known people joining this movie. Hopefully CC has a big part. I wonder if she will be one of the "kids" in the family.
Old 05-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Master Fan

I was wondering about that the other day. There's a definite resemblance between some of the actors so I have a feeling they may be playing siblings.

I hope all the big names means we get a DVD. Does anyone know how far in advance ABC Family set up the See Jane Date website? I'd like to get an idea of when to start looking for the site for this movie.
Old 05-22-2006, 09:36 AM
Part-Time Fan

from the Hollywood Reporter via IMDB news

Quote:
ABC Family brings 4 into 'Chaos' fold
22 May 2006 10:32am EDT - By Kimberly Nordyke
Terry Bradshaw, Christopher Gorham and former Buffy the Vampire Slayer cast members Charisma Carpenter and Nicholas Brendon have been tapped to star in the ABC Family original movie Relative Chaos. The movie centers on a family reunion that takes sibling rivalry to a new level. Every year, Will Gilbert (Bradshaw) holds a weeklong competition among his kids -- Dil (Gorham), Gil (Brendon) and Lil (Jenn Robertson) -- where the winner takes home the family trophy, the Gilbert Cup. Never victorious, Dil doesn't want to participate this time, but his new girlfriend (Carpenter), a highly driven business consultant, has vowed that this will be Dil's year -- even if it kills him. Mayko Nguyen and Fiona Reid round out the cast. Principal photography begins this month in Halifax, Nova Scotia, with the movie slated to premiere on the cable network in September. Visit HollywoodReporter.com for more ...
Old 05-22-2006, 11:58 AM
Master Fan

Excellent news! I was hoping she would be part of the family but this sounds like she has a pretty big part.

And yay for a September airdate! I'm glad we don't have to wait forever to see this.

ETA: 'Buffy' Alumni Reunite at ABC Family

Last edited by shutterbug579; 05-22-2006 at 02:10 PM
Old 05-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Master Fan

The movie was mentioned in the Watch with Kristin chat and she never covers TV movies.
Quote:
From kitkat: Was anyone talking about a Spike movie at upfronts?
Sadly no, however there is big news in the Buffy-verse! A mini-reunion of sorts was just announced. Charisma Carpenter (aka Cordelia, aka Kendall Casablancas) is doing a movie with Nicholas Brendon and Chris Gorham for ABC Family this fall. It's a comedy, called Relative Chaos, and it's about a sibling rivalry that rears its ugly head at a family reunion. Actually sounds kind of cute. Charisma and Chris are playing each other's love interests.
It seems like CC is being presented as the big name for this movie. She's been mentioned first in most articles and the ones that have included a picture have used one of her.
Old 05-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Passionate Fan

I am so excited to see this. It sounds amusing, and CC/NBhave excellent chemistry.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Master Fan

Here's a little interview with Chris Gorham from the Fresno Bee that makes a small mention of the movie.
Quote:
Moving on
Roosevelt High School graduate Christopher Gorham has been on three network series over the past three years. All have been canceled after one season.

The latest series to be pulled out from under Gorham is the CBS comedy "Out of Practice." It is not on the CBS 2006-07 schedule.

CBS pulled the show off the air in the middle of the year. It returned for only a few weeks and then disappeared.

"The news wasn't unexpected, just disappointing," says Gorham in an e-mail question to how he was handling the cancellation. "It just didn't have to turn out this way.

"Thankfully, I've been distracted by the ABC Family movie I'm shooting in Halifax [Nova Scotia] called 'Relative Chaos.'"

Gorham co-stars with Nicholas Brendon, Charisma Carpenter and Terry Bradshaw.

"It's a very cute family movie and best of all, it won't be canceled," the ever-optimistic Gorham says.
Old 06-08-2006, 10:32 AM
Master Fan

http://thechronicleherald.ca/Entertainment/508865.html

Quote:
Two TV movies, a feature shooting in Nova Scotia
Relative Chaos, the ABC Family movie, was shooting in Chester on Tuesday and Wednesday.

The movie stars former Pittsburgh Steeler Terry Bradshaw, Christopher Gorham (Out of Practice, CSI and Felicity), Nicholas Brendon (Buffy and the Vampire Slayer), Charisma Carpenter (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Veronica Mars), Fiona Reid (My Big Fat Greek Wedding), Jayne Eastwood (This Is Wonderland), Mayko Nguyen (ReGenesis), Jenn Robertson (Comedy Inc.) and local actors Stacy Smith (New Waterford Girl), Sarah English and Nikki Barnett (Sex Traffic, The River King).

The von Zerneck/Sertner Film is also using a home along the Purcells Cove Road side of the Northwest Arm.

It is down the road from the area off Purcells Cove Road where the Buddhist wedding preparations and celebrations are taking place.

The movie is expected to wrap next week, but producer Randy Sutter says the Los Angeles-based company is eyeing another project involving race cars and if things work out they hope to shoot it here this summer.
There's also a picture from the set although it's not of CC or NB.
Old 06-16-2006, 08:10 AM
Master Fan

http://www.herald.ns.ca/Entertainment/509492.html
Quote:
Sutter says Relative Chaos is about a very dysfunctional and competitive family that has been getting together every year for the past 25 years. The family participates in games, with the ultimate prize called The Gilbert Cup.

""Whoever wins, takes the cup home for that year,"" Sutter explains. ""The youngest boy who has never won, shows up with his soon-to-be wife, to find himself falling in love with an old friend who lives in the town and sends his fiancée on her way home. He wins the cup.""

The scene shooting on this visit is set on a sweeping front lawn of the house with Bradshaw acting as the family quiz master and family members answering questions about happenings during their childhood to present day.
We know CC's character is named Katherine and she's been described in other articles as the new girlfriend. Do you think she's the old friend or the fiancée?
Old 06-16-2006, 12:22 PM
Master Fan

I really hope she's the old friend. I want her to have a happy ending.
Old 06-16-2006, 12:33 PM
Master Fan

That's what I'm hoping too. This movie is being produced by the same team behind See Jane Date so they're aware she's capable of something other than being the bitch. It's so rare that she gets to be the girl that gets the guy. Other than SJD, I can't think of any other role where that's happened.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:15 PM
Master Fan

CC's character is the fiancee, not the old town friend. Also, the movie will premiere on Sunday, September 10 at 9:00pm.