Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 08-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Master Fan

Heather - "Voodoo Moon" News and Discussion

Since Voodoo Moon info is finally starting to show up, it's time for it to get its own thread.

From writer and director Kevin VanHook's website
Quote:
Synopsis:
Twenty years ago, the little town of Merrifield was the sight of a deadly massacre, when a demonic force manipulated half the town to murder the rest. Cole and Heather (Eric Mabius and Charisma Carpenter) were orphaned, watching their parents butchered before their very eyes. Cole has spent the last two decades synthesizing tools from the world's religions to battle the evil entity and has fought him several times. His sister Heather, an artist with the ability to foresee the future in her drawings, has managed to lead a relatively normal life. That's all changed as the two journey back to Merrifield for a final conflict with the demon known as Daniel (Rik Young.)

Voodoo Moon's cast reads as a virtual who's who of cool. Eric Mabius (The Crow: Salvation, The O.C.), Charisma Carpenter (Buffy, The Vampire Slayer, Angel and Veronica Mars), Rik Young (Children of Dune), Jeffrey Combs (The Re-Animator, The Frighteners) Jayne Heitmeyer (Earth: Final Conflict, The Snake King), Dee Wallace (E.T., The Howling, The Frighteners), Rey Gallegos (Bad Boys II), Kim Hawthorne (Along Came a Spider, The Chronicles of Riddick) and John Amos (Beastmaster, West Wing)
The movie is currently in post-production with plans for completion by early September. He also posted several pictures from the movie, one of which features Charisma.

According to this article, the movie will be released to DVD in the coming months.
Old 08-19-2005, 01:27 PM
Master Fan

I have no idea where I've been... I can't beleive I didn't know Charisma was in a new movie!
Old 08-19-2005, 01:53 PM
Master Fan

I think the movie news was getting kind of buried beneath the Veronica Mars news in the other thread since there's a lot more information on that project. Until the last update the only info we had on the movie was the premise and that Charisma was in it.

I can't wait to see it. It's got a great cast and, from the pictures, it looks like a pretty good quality film. I hope it gets at least a limited theatrical release.
Old 08-20-2005, 05:08 PM
Master Fan

Thanks for starting this thread, Rachel!

I think Charisma also went to the Comic Con session for this movie? But were there ever pics of that?

And I've heard of Eric Mabius before. But can someone remind me what he has done? I've only seen The OC occasionally.
Old 08-20-2005, 08:22 PM
Master Fan

She was part of the Anchor Bay presents... panel for the movie but the only picture I've seen from that panel is the one in the article linked above. Most of the information about her Comic Con appearance was in relation to the Veronica Mars panel. That article is actually the first thing I've come across that mentions the panel. Apparently, her panel was scheduled at the same time as the showing of the trailers for the new King Kong and Superman movies so a lot of people seem to have skipped it in favor of the trailers.

The only thing Eric Mabius has done that I'm familiar with is the first Resident Evil movie. He was on a show last year called Eyes but I only watched the first episode.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:32 PM
Master Fan

THat sucks that their comic con wasn't able to get as much attention because of the other ones that were screening their trailers. But oh well. Atleast we will still get the dvd!

I saw Eyes! I only saw the first episode too though.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:50 PM
Master Fan

Eric Mabius was the guy that was having the affair with the girl in the office.

Voodoo Moon Update, First Pics - Not really anything new but it's nice the movie is getting some attention.
Old 08-25-2005, 07:45 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug579
Eric Mabius was the guy that was having the affair with the girl in the office.
I just went and looked at the stills from the movie.. I remember that guy as the one who was having the affair. And in the end it looked like he was the one who was shot, right? I'm not liking the long hair though!
Old 08-25-2005, 08:18 AM
Master Fan

Yeah, he was also the one that was shot. I don't like the long hair either. He had short hair in Resident Evil and I thought he was good-looking there. Shaggy hair seems to be in lately though. Have you seen the new Harry Potter trailer? Ron and Harry are both in serious need of haircuts.
Old 08-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbug579
Yeah, he was also the one that was shot. I don't like the long hair either. He had short hair in Resident Evil and I thought he was good-looking there. Shaggy hair seems to be in lately though. Have you seen the new Harry Potter trailer? Ron and Harry are both in serious need of haircuts.
Yeah! I have seen that trailer and they are in need of hair cuts!

Have you ever seen Underworld? Scott Speedman has long shaggy hair in that. I was hope in Underworld 2 that he'd have a hair cut. From the pics doesn't look like it will happen.
Old 08-31-2005, 11:55 AM
Master Fan

I haven't seen Underworld but it's funny you should mention Scott Speedman. We cast him as CC's love interest in the Create a Show thread. He looks so much better with the shorter hair.

The writer and director of the movie posted on the IMDb boards that the movie is being considered for a possible theatrical release. The thread is here.
Old 08-31-2005, 08:26 PM
Master Fan

Ooh, I'd love to see Scott Speedman play opposite Charisma! Yum! But he'd definitely need short hair.

And that would be awesome if it was release in theaters. I doubt it would play here though.
Old 09-03-2005, 01:10 PM
Master Fan

According to IMDb Charisma's character is now named Amelia. She's still referred to as Heather in last month's update on Kevin VanHook's website, though. I've never heard of a major character going through a name change in post-production; it seems like such an unnecessary expense to redub the whole movie for that. I know IMDb isn't always reliable so I wonder if the change is legitimate or if someone is just messing around.
Old 09-04-2005, 10:07 PM
Master Fan

I don't see how they could change her name either. Unless they do a dubb over of it. But then it wouldn't even match up. So i'm guessing that IMDB is wrong?
Old 09-05-2005, 01:43 PM
Master Fan

That's what I'm thinking. Once something airs or is released then IMDb is pretty reliable but fans can submit info so there's always room for errors.

It's early September now which is when Kevin VanHook said they planned to finish post-production. Hopefully, we'll hear something about a release soon.