Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 06-20-2006, 01:02 PM
Master Fan

Charisma Carpenter Appreciation Project

We're making a scrapbook for Charisma to show her just how much her fans love and appreciate her. We need notes, fanart, poems, etc. Your submissions can focus on Charisma or any of the characters she's portrayed. We're not setting a deadline at this time; the project will remain open until we receive enough entries to send a truly fabulous book to Charisma. Everyone is welcome to participate!

Notes - We'd like to get as many personal notes as possible. If you're stuck about what to write take a moment to let Charisma know when you became a fan of hers and why. If you have a favorite character, you can tell her what you love about that character and what sets it apart from the others she's portrayed. You can even write about the types of roles you'd like to see her take on in the future. This can be the fan letter you've always thought of writing but never have.

Poems - Any Charisma-inspired prose is welcome. Bonus points for anyone that finishes "Oh, Cordelia, how I long to feel ya..."

Fanart - All Charisma-related graphics are welcome. If you're unsure about size, 500 x 300 pixels works well. Larger pieces such as banners are our primary wish but 100x100 icons are welcome as well since they can be used as page accents. Example

Photos - If you've been fortunate enough to meet Charisma and have your picture taken with her, send us a copy to include in the book.

Music Videos - All music video submissions will be burned to a DVD that will be included with the scrapbook.

Anything that will fit in a scrapbook is welcome. If you're not sure, just ask.

Submissions - 16

1. Post your submissions in this thread
  2. PM your submissions to me
  3. Email your submissions to ccappreciation@gmail.com
  4. To submit items by mail, email ccappreciation@gmail.com to receive a mailing address.

We'd like to have as many characters as possible represented in the book, so here's a list for your reference.
Relative Chaos - Katherine
Cheater's Club - Linda
Voodoo Moon - Heather
Flirting With Danger - Laura Clifford
Veronica Mars - Kendall Casablancas
LAX - Julie Random
Charmed - The Seer/Kira
Like Cats and Dogs - Sarah
The Division - Emma Campbell
Miss Match - Serena Lockner
See Jane Date - Jane Grant
Strange Frequency - Jules
What Boys Like Kim
Angel - Cordelia Chase
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Cordelia Chase
Malibu Shores - Ashley Green
Boy Meets World - Caterer
Josh Kirby - Beth Sullivan
Baywatch - Wendie Sanders

The more help we have with this project, the better so spread the word. Please link to this thread using either a text link or one of the buttons below. If you'd like to submit link buttons, they'll be accepted with great appreciation.

The following sites have promoted this project and we appreciate their support.
Whedon.info
Charisma Compendium
Classy Uptown Girl

Last edited by shutterbug579; 03-27-2007 at 01:56 PM
Old 06-20-2006, 01:15 PM
Dedicated Fan

Great plan shutterbug.

Unfortunately,I'm at a loss for great ideas.

Just a nice bouquet of flowers pops to mind right now.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:38 PM
Master Fan

I'd like to do some sort of scrapbook for next year, something she could keep. I don't know how we'd get it to her though. Or what we'd put in it.

As for this year, what about birthday cards? I've seen a lot of fan designed postcards for various campaigns. What if we did something like that, only with birthday cards? Being unique, they'd stand out from her other fan mail. It's something quick that requires little effort to organize but still makes a statement. It also doesn't require the collection of any money, which is something I'd like to avoid.
Old 06-21-2006, 12:49 AM
Master Fan

That's a really good idea Rachel. Are you thinking online cards or homemade ones?
Old 06-21-2006, 07:44 AM
Master Fan

My initial thought is for printable greeting cards. The people that are so inclined can design graphics that can be printed out on greeting cards. They can post those designs, then each person can print one out on greeting card paper and mail it to CC. jillrenay sent me a gorgeous Christmas card that had a C/A graphic on the front which is what inspired this idea. I can scan and post it later to show what I'm talking about, if she doesn't mind.

The only cost would be for the greeting cards. They're relatively inexpensive and easy to find. I think the easier we make it, the more people we can get to participate.
Old 06-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Master Fan

These are the kinds of greeting cards I was thinking of. You just run them through your printer. Does anyone have any other ideas?
Old 07-01-2006, 02:15 AM
Master Fan

I've never seen those before, but I think they would work great for what you had in mind.
Old 07-01-2006, 04:56 PM
Master Fan

I guess now we need graphics to put on them. I'm not sure what size to make them, though. I'll play around with some stuff this weekend and see what I come up with.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:01 PM
Master Fan

Since we're down to the wire on CC's birthday, I'd like to suggest something different. How about a fan appreciation project? We can put together some sort of scrapbook and possibly give it to her at the convention she'll be attending in late September. Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on this?

If you'd like to send CC a birthday card, send it to:
Charisma Carpenter
C/O The Gersh Agency
232 N. Canon Blvd.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
USA
Old 07-13-2006, 01:21 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I think this is an awesome idea and I know it's taking me a while to comment here, but I'm up for it. Tiny scrapbooks are always a good idea. Or we could try and make one giant fanbook and a little shrine to all the different characters she has played. One for Cordelia, Kendall, Linda, Jane, Keira, etc... also we could introduce her to By The Book too. And art is always a good thing to have.

beautiful creatures
Old 07-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Master Fan

I'm leaning toward a 12x12 scrapbook since I have the supplies for that size as well as a spare scrapbook to use for the project. We can spread out the larger items we get and fill in with groupings of smaller items.

I really like the character idea. It's a great way to show that we've followed her from role to role. Maybe we could mention By the Book at the end in a "we'll follow you wherever you go" kind of way. So far I'm thinking of four sections - Charisma, Cordelia, Guest Roles, TV Movies. As far as submissions, I'm thinking fanart, poems, notes. Maybe we could do a fan map with postcards. What else could we include?

Characters
Relative Chaos - Katherine
Cheater's Club - Linda
Voodoo Moon - Heather
Flirting With Danger - Laura Clifford
Veronica Mars - Kendall Casablancas
LAX - Julie Random
Charmed - The Seer/Kira
Like Cats and Dogs - Sarah
The Division - Emma Campbell
Miss Match - Serena Lockner
See Jane Date - Jane Grant
Strange Frequency - Jules
What Boys Like Kim
Angel - Cordelia Chase
Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Cordelia Chase
Malibu Shores - Ashley Green
Boy Meets World - Caterer
Josh Kirby - Beth Sullivan
Baywatch - Wendie Sanders
Old 07-14-2006, 01:49 AM
Master Fan

I'm loving the idea, I just don't really know how to proceed as I've never participated in something like this before. I'm at a loss of what to offer.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:38 AM
Fan Forum Hero

she's really had a variety of character's names hasn't she? I never knew how many until I saw your list Rachel. Thanks for that. Possibly for the characters' little shrines have maybe two pics or whatever and a quote from that role and at the bottom on why we loved/loathed/squee-d about/hoped for/etc...for that character. Cordelia would be a big section so there would be more than a page for that character too. More quotes, pics, etc...

And Suzy, you can make art, write, virtually anything. I wasn't a big participant in the Matt Czuchry b-day project but submitted some art and his reaction that we got back was great. Just put a smile on all of our faces.

I really like the though of mentioning By The Book in there too, since we are creating something for her that we know that she'd love to do. Look how far we've come with it too.

beautiful creatures
Old 07-14-2006, 03:38 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naive Girl
I'm loving the idea, I just don't really know how to proceed as I've never participated in something like this before. I'm at a loss of what to offer.
It's really an anything goes kind of project as long as it's focused on CC or one of her characters and is printable and/or mailable. You could write a note to CC or a poem for her or make some kind of art like a blend or a banner. I'd like to get postcards that represent places where her fans live so she can get some idea of just how widespread her fanbase is. Ideally, they should show some sort of local attraction and have the location written on them.

If we're going to give this to her at Fangoria, then we need to find someone that's attending and we have about two months to pull this together. If not then we can take more time and mail it to her fanmail address whenever we finish.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:09 PM
Dedicated Fan

hey all. id like to help out with this any way i can...so let me know what u need...etc.