Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-21-2019, 10:53 AM
Master Fan

It was weird they couldn't use Barry or even the Flash name during Smallville. I guess DC was always dumb with their restrictions.
Old 09-21-2019, 02:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Nice you remember the name restriction as well. lol
And yes WB is just STUPID with their restriction.

That's why I love what Smallville did with the characters they were able to use.

For Arrow the main restriction they had was clearly with the Suicide Squad because the SS movie was coming out. I don't get why they don't care about their tv shows as much as the movies.
Old 09-21-2019, 04:37 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, what made it even worse was that unlike Marvel, WB owned all of DC's titles, so there was no legal restraints as to what they could do. So why bother with those stupid studio restrictions?
Old 09-21-2019, 06:03 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Yeah, what made it even worse was that unlike Marvel, WB owned all of DC's titles, so there was no legal restraints as to what they could do. So why bother with those stupid studio restrictions?
They think fans might be confused if it's 2 versions on the same time or something. lol stupidity.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:59 PM
Fan Forum Legend

That is stupid. They already do have two different versions. Is the DCEU anything like the Arrowverse?
Old 09-22-2019, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
That is stupid. They already do have two different versions. Is the DCEU anything like the Arrowverse?

Heck no but that's DC rule and we all can agree that it's stupid.

If you remember season 2 of Arrow, that's why Arrow had to write out or kill off all their members of the Suicide Squad because of the movie and that was confirmed. So they had a huge plan for the group on Arrow but DC stopped it from happening.

Even Slade Wilson, RETURNED a few seasons ago with a big arc but the movie interfered again and they had to write him off.

DC need to stop with that nonsense.

Last edited by eternalfate; 09-22-2019 at 07:16 PM
Old 09-22-2019, 05:13 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yeah, that really annoys me, always going back and forth between what characters they can and cannot use. And what ended up happening with Deathstroke, anyway? DCEU didn't even use him.
Old 09-22-2019, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Yeah, that really annoys me, always going back and forth between what characters they can and cannot use. And what ended up happening with Deathstroke, anyway? DCEU didn't even use him.
Yup. I believe he was in the very end credits scene of Justice League that I still haven't watched. And that's it. What an absolute joke.

DC has to accept that some of the tv actors are better than the movie ones. Or they just get casted better. Like Joker from Gotham was better than the one from Suicide Squad... it is what it is. Accept it.
Old 09-24-2019, 05:04 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Accept it? Man, if I were in Hollywood, none of this stuff would've happened. I've have produced a slew of DC and Marvel movies that would've been a lot better.

Yeah, that was Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke, and now that's been scrapped. That was a waste.
Old 10-06-2019, 02:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I know. lol What a waste of all our time in less they do something great with Deathstroke soon.

Well if you were in charge, we'd see way too many Oliver/Sara sex scenes.

Old 10-06-2019, 02:39 PM
Master Fan

Deathstroke is pretty awesome on Titans season 2. I think they have the rights to him now. Arrow has Roy Harper which is why Titan's can only mention his name but not have him appear yet.
Old 10-07-2019, 04:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Really? I was hoping to see Batman go up against Deathstroke.
Old 10-07-2019, 05:22 PM
Master Fan

I think they are going in a different direction with Robert Pattinson's Batman movie.

Deathstroke is one of the Titan's main villains, so it makes sense for him to be there. They also have his kids Rose and Jericho (who was on the Titans for a bit).
Old 10-07-2019, 08:10 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
Deathstroke is pretty awesome on Titans season 2. I think they have the rights to him now. Arrow has Roy Harper which is why Titan's can only mention his name but not have him appear yet.
This DC rights stuff is just too confusing. lol
Old 10-08-2019, 09:52 AM
Master Fan

DC needs to let up on their rights for tv shows. Fans can figure out that the movie verse is different than the tv verse.

When Arrow ends and if Titans gets a season 3 I can see Roy showing up. In the comics he's Donna Troy's love interest and we saw his name on her phone. Wally is probably the one they can't use since I don't know what the Flash is doing with him. It would be nice to see all the JL's sidekicks together.