Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2019, 07:36 AM
Master Fan

I can't imagine the production cost is that high and they don't have CGI. So I guess it could depend on how much the actors want to be paid since they are all getting producer credits too.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope Jennie and Tori push the network for another season. I need these guys back.
Old 09-10-2019, 06:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

The network has to want to renew it as well.
Old 09-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope they do.

I'm also thinking that Hollywood needs to stop making comic book movies. Hollywood is getting way too PC to make movies that will respect the source material.
Old 09-14-2019, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm good with it, keep on going Hollywood. lol More upset with the remakes than the comic book movies.

Like remaking Face/Off and Home Alone is just stupid. That's more upsetting to me.
Old 09-14-2019, 11:57 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I'm good with it, keep on going Hollywood. lol More upset with the remakes than the comic book movies.

Like remaking Face/Off and Home Alone is just stupid. That's more upsetting to me.
I agree, Tia. I'm good with the Super hero movies. I don't need a Home Alone or Face/Off remake.
Old 09-14-2019, 01:05 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ I think they do make so many but I'm okay with it. lol
As I mentioned I'll give Alex his Marvel rant since I haven't read a lot of Marvel comics HOWEVER, judging only from the movies/tv shows... I've enjoyed it.

I ain't watching the comic book movies to compare them to the comics especially when it's thousands of different comics.

But I ain't saying nothing when it comes to Marvel... only that I've enjoyed what I watched. DCEU is FINALLY getting better so I can just hope that it continues doing better because I want it to succeeded.
I am over Arrowverse but the DC shows on the DC App are pretty good.

Old 09-14-2019, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

And as someone who HAS read Marvel, I assure you the movies would not only be better, they'd make a whole lot more sense if they followed the comics. Especially since most of the changes that the movies made had nothing to do with storytelling and a lot to do with studio politics.

Oh, I agree. These remakes are out of hand. It's one thing when a remake can actually tell the story better than the original, like John Carpenter's The Thing or David Cronenberg's The Fly. But all these new remakes just seem to be trying to exploit name recognition for profit, and they also seem to be implying that there's something broken or wrong with the originals. Or perhaps, it's an attempt at cultural erasure and doing remakes that are more "politically correct."
Old 09-21-2019, 05:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I will say that the Marvel movies I've seen I have enjoyed even though I can see why you have your video but just going from how I felt, I enjoyed most of the Marvel movies.
Old 09-22-2019, 03:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh, don't get me wrong, Tia. not all of the MCU movies have been crap.

I definitely liked the first Iron Man film, Captain America: The Winter Soldier, and the first Avengers movie. If that film had Hank and Janet as Ant-Man and Wasp(as Joss Whedon originally intended) instead of Hawkeye and Black Widow, it would've been ten times better. Imagine Hank growing to the size of a building as Giant-Man and smashing up Chitauri Leviathans instead of Hawkeye just standing on a building shooting arrows. Imagine Janet flying around as The Wasp zapping Chitauri aliens instead of Black Widow having to fly around on the back of a Chitauri alien while firing useless bullets at them. But a lot of the other MCU movies just strayed way too far from the comics, and I truly believe that as much as you may have enjoyed the Marvel movies as they are, you would've liked them a lot better if they'd stuck to the comics and were made the way I would've made them. Especially the Thanos storyline. Not having Adam Warlock take on Thanos is like not having Superman take on Darkseid. How could Marvel do that?
Old 09-24-2019, 08:34 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I actually have a lot of MCU movies to watch. lol I really haven't watched a lot of them. lol I just watch it casually when I can. lol
Old 09-26-2019, 03:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I actually have a lot of MCU movies to watch. lol I really haven't watched a lot of them. lol I just watch it casually when I can. lol
Oh, so you haven't even watched them all? Well, one day I hope you can see what I mean about them. And it's not just the MCU movies, it's these new Star Wars movies. Political correctness compromises screenwriting and filmmaker, and once you start compromising your thoughts, you're a candidate for mediocrity. That's why Hollywood is so bad these days and why they're remaking and rebooting everything.

You wanna know why Rey from the new Star Wars movies is a Mary Sue character? Look at Ellen Ripley from Alien and Aliens and compare her to Rey from the new Star Wars movies and you'll see why Ripley is a REAL action hero and Rey is a Mary Sue. Being from the 80s is a bonus for Ripley.
Old 09-26-2019, 05:48 PM
Master Fan

I've seen all the Marvel movies and have enjoyed them all. I usually see them opening weekend. And they are the only movies I do that with.
Old 09-26-2019, 06:46 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I get it, Melissa. But that still doesn't change the fact that Marvel did them wrong and made too many compromises at the expense of the characters integrity and storytelling logic mostly due to studio politics. The films would've been much better had they stuck closer to the comics.
Old 09-26-2019, 07:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Alex, we are trying to say yes we agree with your anger when it comes to the comics and what you discussed but we still enjoyed it. lol

It's okay to have different views on things.

There was an animated movie when Superman/WW were together... I disliked the relationship but the movie was great to me. lol