Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2017, 07:25 PM
Master Fan

Don't all the shows have the heroes win in the finale? Arrow, Flash and Supergirl defeat their big bad's in their finales all the time as well.

It's not like the Legends got away Scot free, they messed up a time in a big way in what I'm guessing another universe. (so it doesn't mess with the other shows).
Old 04-04-2017, 07:53 PM
Total Fan

- Rip in a toy ship!

- Oh dear, Eobard’s STAR Labs has a hole in the roof again. I guess things just happen no matter what changes are made to reality…

- Daaaaaamn… RF was savage in this episode. Just tore out Ray’s heart like it was nothing.

- Awww, all the future Legends are dying.

- Well geez… how many time remnants did RF bring back with him? And why didn’t Eobard just grab the spear from Sarah while she was chanting instead of beating everyone up?

- Looks like Black!Flash finally caught up with RF. Too bad. I liked Eobard.

- Is Arthur Darvill leaving the show? He missed most of the season as it is. Does he have more Broadchurch to film?

Storywise, Rip knows that they started time quakes when they interfered with their past selves, so why wouldn't he stay to help with that? It doesn't make sense that he'd leave without that settled. Also... why would he just hand the ship over? Isn't that his home?

- Season 3 will be fixing time, I guess. Maybe it's on another Earth... because how else would it not affect the other shows.
Old 04-04-2017, 08:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Also, this show made quite a mistake. Sara said she took Malcolm back to 2016... and I don't get how that makes sense because he's the same Merlyn from 2017...

Merlyn hasn't been PRESENTLY ABSENT on Arrow right now because he's been with the Legion of Doom this whole time.

He was the only one from the group who was not from the past. So, hopefully he didn't get a memory wipe because yeah that doesn't make much sense....

So that part was confusing.

Why couldn't Malcolm just stay in 2017??? Legion was formed in 2016 WHEN this season of Legends of Tomorrow begun....
Old 04-04-2017, 09:57 PM
Elite Fan

"Guys, I think we broke time"

Oops.
Old 04-05-2017, 03:01 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)

Amaya saying, "Screw going back to 1942"??? HUH??? Really, some pretty crappy writing right there. If that's the case, than HOW does Darhk and Snart have to return to their time but it's okay for a woman from 1942 to stay in 2017??? Where is the logic in that.

Hopefully I'll calm down on it by tomorrow but I'm just so upset.

I feel your frustration. I've always been vocal about how this show is written. It still needs more improvement. It was like the writers just wanted to play the dying game before eventually bringing everyone back. I knew they was going to do it. It was very predictable. I think two of the deaths should have been set in stone, Nate's and Amaya's. I don't care about these characters because I'm not attached to them like the others. I don't understand why Amaya is still around. The mission is done. We are told over and over hope important time is and how it shouldn't be messed up or use for one's own benefit.

Archie Andrews &Veronica Lodge
~Riverdale~
icon:Alexa|
Name:Marah
Old 04-05-2017, 03:58 AM
Total Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal◘fate (View Post)
Also, this show made quite a mistake. Sara said she took Malcolm back to 2016... and I don't get how that makes sense because he's the same Merlyn from 2017...
IIRC, Eobard and Darhk picked Malcolm up just after Darhk was killed by the Green Arrow in Star City in 2016. Malcolm was watching it all unfold on TV at the time (there were news cameras when it happened since it was a public incident), and was very confused when a not-dead Darhk suddenly showed up in his living room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickylious (View Post)
I think two of the deaths should have been set in stone, Nate's and Amaya's. I don't care about these characters because I'm not attached to them like the others. I don't understand why Amaya is still around. The mission is done. We are told over and over hope important time is and how it shouldn't be messed up or use for one's own benefit.
Amaya can't die until she has her child(ren) because of Mari's (her granddaughter) existence in the present. Nate will probably end up being Mari's grandfather.

As long as Amaya and Nate go back to 1942 when she gets pregnant, they can stay on the Waverider for now.
Old 04-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

TVLine Summary

Double trouble was the theme of Legends of Tomorrow‘s Season 2 finale, as the version of team that just lost Amaya as well as the Spear of Destiny traveled back to 1916 — at risk of interacting with their other selves.

But first, they needed Rip and the Waverider, unaware (as was he) that he and the ship had been shrunk to the size of a toy. To solve that problem, they storm S.T.A.R. Labs to get Ray’s exosuit and use it to size-up the ship, then sail it through the building’s roof and off to 1916.

Once there/then, Ray easily enough digs up the blood of Christ from the battlefield— only to have Thawne arrive on the scene, steal it back, and then rip the Atom’s heart out.
In the wake of that major setback, the desperate Plan B is for Rip, Nate and Mick to sneak aboard the other Waverider and steal the Spear from the other team. But soon enough, the other Sara gets wind of “imposters” being in play, and she orders them KO’d. After the other Rip realizes that the prisoners are the real deal, everyone agrees to work together. (Along the way, the Saras mull the danger of either of them being in charge of the Spear, while our Nate advises the other to open up to Amaya about how he feels.)

Season 4 Breakup Happened
When the Legion shows up to attack, the two teams attempt a time jump together, but the “time storm” created by their breaking of the cardinal rule of time travel crashes the ship. They then plot to race to the other Waverider, knowing that the future versions of themselves are basically dispensable. As such, Mick gets an icicle driven through his belly by Snart; Darhk runs his sword through Nate; and both Jaxes take an arrow from Damien, one fatally. In the end, as Thawne corrals dozens of Reverse-Flashes for backup, the other Sara is left standing with the Spear, which she debates using, worrying that the darkness inside her will lead her astray. But when a hand-off to Amaya fails — and with encouragement from Rip — Sara fires up the Spear… and lands in her sister Laurel’s living room for Movie Night. After Laurel confirms that the moment is not real, Sara grapples with whether it could be, if she chooses to undo all the suffering she has endured — from The Gambit to Lian Yu to her sister’s death.

When Sara invites Laurel to be the one to use the Spear, her sister explains that the Spear “doesn’t need someone pure of heart, but someone strong enough to do the right thing. It needs you.” “Even if it means never having you back?,” Sara asks. “I’m never too far away,” Laurel answers, as they tearfully hug.

When Sara snaps out of it, Thawne snatches the Spear back from her on the battlefield. Thing is, one change Sara did make with the Spear was to depower it. Oh, and she also sicced Black Flash on the speedster, paving the way for Thawne’s re-death/disintegration.
Afterward, Malcolm gets dropped back in 2017 (“in his crappy apartment”), Mick leaves a mind-wiped Snart in 2014 (to elect not to join up with the Legion) and Darhk is damned to dress like Don Johnson in 1987. Amaya notes that with the mission over, she is due to return to 1942 — at which point Nate expresses his desire to join her. But Amaya doesn’t want to go back to 1942, believing that her destiny can wait for her. So she stays put, pulling Nate into a big ol’ kiss.

Sara catches Rip slinking out off to the jump ship with his bag packed. He explains that the team did fine without him, and that Sara is a better captain than he ever was — hell, she even saved reality itself! Everyone else then prepares to indulge Mick’s wish to chill in Aruba, but a lingering time storm sends the Waverider careening into Los Angeles circa 2017… where a mish-mash of time has occurred, leaving dinosaurs to waddle between Victorian England clock towers and futuristic skyscrapers.
Which is kind of a “So…?” cliffhanger, and doesn’t really set up a compelling Season 3, but maybe it won’t be so much about chasing T-Rexes but “correcting” this temporal upchuck.
Old 04-05-2017, 08:52 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra (View Post)
IIRC, Eobard and Darhk picked Malcolm up just after Darhk was killed by the Green Arrow in Star City in 2016. Malcolm was watching it all unfold on TV at the time (there were news cameras when it happened since it was a public incident), and was very confused when a not-dead Darhk suddenly showed up in his living room.

I remember that but what I'm saying is that it doesn't make sense to me because Malcolm is still ALIVE in the present.

Example: Legends has been time travelling since 2016, does that mean when this whole mission is over they have to return to 2016 and live their life from that time? No it doesn't.

That's what my problem is. Malcolm has NOT be on Arrow in the present form all season because he was with the Legion of Doom this whole time. So, him going back to 2016 to live in those days makes no sense since he wasn't doing that on Arrow....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickylious (View Post)
I feel your frustration. I've always been vocal about how this show is written. It still needs more improvement. It was like the writers just wanted to play the dying game before eventually bringing everyone back. I knew they was going to do it. It was very predictable. I think two of the deaths should have been set in stone, Nate's and Amaya's. I don't care about these characters because I'm not attached to them like the others. I don't understand why Amaya is still around. The mission is done. We are told over and over hope important time is and how it shouldn't be messed up or use for one's own benefit.

Sad thing is that I feel Season 2 improved but I'm just so done with it now.
I feel the legends can get away with doing anything on this show but if it was BARRY who was doing this exact same thing, he'd get crucified for it.

Nate and Amaya are about to take the cake for WORST than Ray/Kendra ever was, which is why "Aruba" was most likely my last episode. That and so many more things.

It's ridiculous for Amaya to not return to 1942 YET Darhk and Snart has to return to their time without their memories... he's in idea, MEMORY WIPE AMAYA!!! Oh... wait... they can't memory wipe her because she's a member of the legends team now? Oh please.
Old 04-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Master Fan

They memory wiped the villians to stop them from still being the villians for them. Amaya can still go back to 1942 at any time. I think they've set it up where she goes back to Africa and therfore never returns to JSA keeping that part of time intact.

I think Barry gets away with a lot on his show, all his friends forgave him for changing their lives. It's the fans that don't like it. That has nothing to do with what we see on his show. Just like I've seen many fan complain about LoT and thier time travel rules. When on thier respective shows it doesn't really matter too much, it's always fixed or accepted.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree with the fan complaints on the everlasting time travel rules as well...

Also, I find keeping Amaya in this time makes no sense.

No one can tell me that in the Last Refuge episode, it was DANGEROUS keeping Quentin with any memory because how much it could change but keeping Amaya, a person who is suppose to have an Vixen grandchild isn't.

I'm more of a logical thinker which is why it was so 1000% predictable that the writers would got the easy route and remove Darhk and Cold's memory to keep the timeline intach.

Amaya is not a villain but her being in 2017 is a danger. Because it just is? what if she dies in 3x01??? You know what happens, Mari is erased from existence.

They made a point of all of this during Season 1. If younger Stein gets shot and dies, than the older one never exist. The Last Refuge episode was the episode that made all of this clear.

So my issue is that it's not even getting talked about as an issue. It's okay to have a person from the 1942 with them when her life can be in danger anytime she's out on the field? Well Amaya fans should be happy because she's the safest character of the series in less the writers decide to erase Mari from existence which they won't do of course.
Old 04-05-2017, 10:17 AM
Fan Forum Legend

just rewatched it

RF army was still the best scene for me

least fav. : the future Legends getting kiled off by LoD

Shocking: Amaya and Nate stays with the team for now

ETA
summary and tidbits from mygeekyways site

Plot

With Amaya dead, Snart alive, Stein having forgotten who he is and The Spear of Destiny destroyed, all of reality is in risk of falling apart under the weight of too many paradoxes. In order to save everything that is, The remaining Legends must break the cardinal rule of time travel and risk an encounter with their past selves in order to destroy The Spear of Destiny before The Legion of Doom creates Doomworld.

Influences

The film Back To The Future 2 (heroes fighting to recover an artifact to prevent a dark alternate timeline from coming into being), Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (time-travelers have to help their past selves while avoiding being spotted), The Wizard of Oz (the movie is playing the "There's no place like home...." line during the vision Sara has about resurrecting Laurel, the whole idea of a heroine having her power taken away so she can return to a normal life, Amaya's Ruby Slippers), Men In Black (the memory-erasing light guns return) and countless Doctor Who episodes, particularly the writings of Steve Moffat, where the usual rules regarding time travel are broken to a create a farcical atmosphere.

Goofs

Why is Damien Darhk hanging around STAR Labs? Thawne should be just as likely to kill him as The Legends if pushed, given Darhk and the rest of The Legion of Doom betrayed him.

The prop heart that Thawne rips out of Ray Palmer's chest looks incredibly fake and plastic.

Why do the time quakes not start until the two Rip Hunters see each other? All the other time duplicates were already in the room together.

Why don't the dozens of Thawnes bull-rush Past Sara before she can activate The Spear? Why do they waste time picking off everyone else first?

When did Past Sara learn the phrase to activate The Spear of Destiny? (Presumably Future Nate taught it to everyone before they tried to escape the Past Waverider?)

Katie Cassidy still cannot emote worth a damn.

The CGI for Thawne's death is incredibly cheap looking.

Performances

Once again, Caity Lotz is the episode MVP. Most of the episode's power moments require her to do most of the heavy lifting, including a magical little scene where Sara has a long talk with herself. It almost makes the sudden revival of the "Sara is dark and broken" subplot from Season 3 of Arrow tolerable. Almost. Still, the fact that the material works half as well as it does is a credit to Lotz's talent as an actress. It only falls apart when Lotz is forced to act for two opposite the Botox-faced Katie Cassidy.

Artistry

The effects work to have the various past and future incarnations of The Legends interact is rather brilliant.

Trivia Of Tomorrow

Instead of the usual opening narration, the episode opens with a montage of Season Two highlights, set to the song Time Has Come Today by The Chambers Brothers.

Technobabble

Ray and Jax assumed that The Waverider was broadcasting using a quantum frequency. That would only be possible if the quad band antenna array was in alignment.

The current team of Legends - Jax, Mick, Sara, Rip, Ray and Nate - will cease to exist once The Spear of Destiny is destroyed, since they never would have existed if The Legion of Doom hadn't have stolen The Spear and created Doomworld.

A time quake is the result of two versions of an individual from different times interacting with one another.

A time storm is a paradox, much stronger than a time quake, which results when two versions of an individual attempt to time travel together,

The memory-erasing guns are used to erase Merlyn, Snart and Darhk's memories of what happened.

Last edited by Make Them Laugh; 04-05-2017 at 01:24 PM
Old 04-05-2017, 01:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Agreed with your little review, and wow the goof in that review was a bit harsh (at times). Especially about Katie.

Main thing I agreed with was, "Why don't the dozens of Thawnes bull-rush Past Sara before she can activate The Spear? Why do they waste time picking off everyone else first?"

Made no sense, and of course Caity Lotz receiving love for her performace.
Old 04-05-2017, 02:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

True...that blogger was a little harsh.....

I enjoyed the Katie/ Caity scene
Old 04-05-2017, 04:11 PM
Master Fan

I'm not the biggest fan of Katie Cassidy's acting, but I thought she did okay in that scene. She was there just to give Sara some closure, since they are sticking with Earth 1 Laurel staying dead.
Old 04-05-2017, 04:24 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm glad Sara got her closure