Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2016, 06:05 PM
Elite Fan

Board Customisation

Hi everyone ,

The Fan Forum Graphics Team is in the process of (re)customising message boards and now it's your turn!

If you have any picture or colour suggestions please post them in this thread. Don't post (hotlink) the pictures, links to them are fine. Make sure that the pictures are of as high quality as possible and that the top of the head of the person in the picture isn't cropped off. We also like to use photoshoot images when possible, preferably individual pictures of each cast member. When suggesting colours please keep in mind that some colours will work better than others. The Team usually tries to avoid really vibrant and dark colours because we have found in the past that they are hard to look at for long periods of time. If you would like some help coming up with colour combinations we recommend checking out the design seeds website.

Everyone is encouraged to voice their opinions for this as you are the ones who will be posting on the board and we hope to make as many people happy with the finished result as possible. It does not matter if you are a board moderator, regular poster, or casual poster here. If you have a suggestion, please share it here with us .

Your suggestions for possible pictures and colours will be taken into serious consideration, but in the interest of seeing every board receive the best customised look possible the final decision concerning how this board will be customised will be made by the members of the Graphics Team. This is because we want to make sure that the selected graphic and colours fit into the overall design scheme that we've established for Fan Forum.

For a full explanation of the message board customisation process, see this thread. If you have any questions, please feel free to send Rae or Mel a PM or ask the Team on the message board customisation thread.

Please leave this topped until a week or so after the board has been (re)customised.

Note: It usually takes less than two weeks for us to finish making the new banner and the sooner we know what you want, the more we can work on it (though it can take a few months or so to set it up with the new colours on the board), so please let us know your suggestions as soon as possible.

When the Team have made and voted on a winning graphic I will close this thread until the graphic and colours get put up. It will then be re-opened so that you can share your thoughts about it.

Rae and Mel
Old 07-21-2016, 06:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Awesome. Finally it's our time. Hopefully some of the posters put their opinion of how the board should look as well.

My suggestions could be a mixture of these three colors...
Color One
Color Two
Color Three

Or probably a darker blue mixed in with something.
I always loved the way the Avengers board looked. So anything similar to that would make me happy.

I feel the characters that should be on the banner are: Sara, Mick, Leonard, Ray, probably some sort of Firestorm picture to represent Stein and Jax? and Rip.

Here goes pictures for the characters... the ones I could find.
HQ for Sara [1] [2]
HQ for Stein [1] [2]
HQ for Jefferson [[1] [2]
HQ for Rip [1]
HQ for Leonard [1] [2] [3] [4]

HQ for Ray [1] [2] [3]
HQ for Mick [1] [3][2]
HQ for Full Cast [1] [2] [3] [4]

I would suggest the Hawks, but their future is so undecided since the writers don't know how to write for them and has no plans for them in Season 1. Where as we know we will see Leonard (just not sure when) He's the top fav character with Sara, and of course was a series regular in Season 1, and recurring for Season 2.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:02 PM
Elite Fan

The colours I see are the aqua ones used in the promotional pictures you suggested but that is mostly because I think those pictures look cool . I only watched the first episode (or possibly two).

Please keep in mind that we only use promotional pictures wherever possible, not episode stills .

I agree with leaving the Hawks off since their future beyond season one is unclear.

Which are the main characters you know will be continuing on? I feel those should be the largest and the other ones smaller since they have smaller roles.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Legend

All of the characters I mentioned will be in Season 2.
Leonard will be reccurring somehow, we just aren't sure when we will see him back but since he's the best character on the show with Sara, I think everyone would be in agreement to put him in.

Yeah, I can't find a lot of promo pictures. I'm trying to find more. They probably didn't take many. That's always the issue when it's only one season. lol

Also, you need to continue watching. lol
I'll try to find more pictures later for you though.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:46 PM
Elite Fan

I know one season is hard; there is a part of me which really wants you to have colours but another part of me says wait there may be something more with season two. But you never know for sure if you will get pictures or when that may be if you do. At least you do have some pictures.

For pictures I know there are the posters you suggested and then there are these promotional pictures. Personally I prefer the posters as they are in costume and seem to fit better at least from the small amount I saw of the show. My only concern is how hard they will be to use with the other effects on them.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I feel the posters ones are so much better because of how well it fits each character.

When it comes to new promo pictures, it probably should be out in September.
I do love the season 1 poster pictures so much though, not sure how it can fit the graphic though... there is always a way...
Old 07-21-2016, 11:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

This show had the BEST posters of any show I know. I love them so much. I do see how difficult it can be to use them though.

Leonard and Sara are my favorites and Snart is not dead, they are toying with us just like they did on Prison Break. I think it would be good to have both Stein and Jax, since they are connected. Can't have one without the other. Ray and Mick are both pretty big on the show and important characters. I don't mind leaving the Hawks off because they could have been epic, but the show ruined their story.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:27 AM
Graphics Team Manager

Moderator of ...
Graphics Team

Quote:
I feel the characters that should be on the banner are: Sara, Mick, Leonard, Ray, probably some sort of Firestorm picture to represent Stein and Jax? and Rip.
Why would you want only a picture of firestorm for two characters? Like Cece said, you can perfectly put both of them in. Of course it's your board's choice, but seeing they are two different people it seems a bit odd.
Old 07-22-2016, 09:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by running wild (View Post)
Why would you want only a picture of firestorm for two characters? Like Cece said, you can perfectly put both of them in. Of course it's your board's choice, but seeing they are two different people it seems a bit odd.
I didn't meant it that way. lol
It's because they are Firestorm, I mean more of them side by side with some kind of fire in the middle or something. lolol Because it'd represent Firestorm. I just have the vision in my head.

Old 07-22-2016, 11:19 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd just want Firestorm in his Powered Firestorm version.... same with ATOM in his suit
Old 07-22-2016, 11:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Completely agree. I want Stein and Jefferson to be as Firestorm somehow. lolol
Old 07-24-2016, 12:37 AM
Elite Fan

Have you had a look for any colour schemes that you like?

How about this combined with this or this?

These are some other thoughts which should work combined with your orange: one, two, three, four, five.
Old 07-24-2016, 10:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love that orange combined with that #1 blue for sure!
Also Wentworth is confirmed back as we all knew. lol

Also there is a chance to see the Hawks again, just not sure when. It's up to the graphics team... they can have the Hawks flying up in the graphics. lol That'd be awesome. lol
I just want the board to look so awesome.
Old 07-30-2016, 01:58 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Pretty much my opinion all of those characters and leaving Hawks out because uncertain for them
Old 07-30-2016, 02:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'd feel sad if the Hawks aren't added and mid way during Season 2 they become regulars and that continues on to Season 3. Season 1 is always tough of knowing. lol

However, I guess sticking with the sure characters makes the most sense.