Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2023, 05:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks, Fatima! Where's that from?
Old 03-14-2023, 12:30 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ That's from the set of "The Winchesters", which is a prequel to "Supernatural" series. Have you heard of it?
Old 03-14-2023, 05:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, I've heard of it. Ironic that Tom is on a prequel of Jensen's show.
Old 03-14-2023, 11:54 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
They are working together again!
Old 03-16-2023, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
They are working together again!
Nice reunion.
Old 03-19-2023, 03:56 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Nice reunion.
Old 03-23-2023, 08:57 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Okay, Clark in season 7 is really starting to disappoint me. He's... ugh... clueless.
Old 03-24-2023, 05:34 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

A lot of S7 was annoying, not just Clark lol. Not that I didn't enjoy S7 somewhat. I just finished S5 and will be on S6 of my re-watch.
Old 03-24-2023, 06:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Well Jensen is the narrator and Winchesters takes place before the events of Supernatural but Tom Welling will be portraying the father of Dean Winchester... but in this series I am not sure if Dean was probably even born yet. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by livstevi21 (View Post)
A lot of S7 was annoying, not just Clark lol. Not that I didn't enjoy S7 somewhat. I just finished S5 and will be on S6 of my re-watch.

Clark made a lot of idiotic decisions in season 7 and to be honest some of season 6. It just was draining me to see what they were doing with the lead character.

The Clark/Lana relationship point of unwatchable in season 7 to me.
As much as I loved Clark, this was why I was so extremely happy for Oliver Queen... he usually told Clark what I was thinking about his decision-making.
Old 03-24-2023, 07:41 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Moderator of ...
Tom Welling

True the writing for him became a bit exasperating. I agree, the Clana relationship in S7 was unbearable by that point. And yeah, Oliver was a breath of fresh air to Clark, told him some home truths that Clark needed to hear.
Old 03-24-2023, 09:08 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love Clark in the later seasons when he sort of has the "I don't give a f" attitude and his confidence and the circumstances of what changed him.

One of my favorite episodes of him was Pandora. Although that's a Clois episode, to me that's a Clark that we just didn't see much. He knew what he wanted and how his feelings were and no longer that shy one who makes ridiculous decisions.

I can't wait to get to season 9... and even season 8 (the first half) was on fire for him.
It's something about Lois (even from the beginning) where Clark has this confidence in him and a different way about him which truly helps for his growth.
Old 03-24-2023, 04:51 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Bizarro: "You spent the last month telling me that you finally felt like we were meant to be together."

Clark: "Don't listen to him, Lana."

Bizarro: "I know what's in his mind, Lana. He doesn't love you like I do."

Clark: "That's a lie!"

Bizarro: "You're lying, Clark! To yourself! You're so worried about doing the right thing you don't even see it!"

[Lana looks at Clark and looks back at Bizarro]

Bizarro: "Lana, if Clark truly loved you, then he wouldn't have room in his heart for anyone but you. But we both know that isn't the case, is it, Clark?"

[Clark and Bizarro stare at each other]

Bizarro: [speaking in Clark's voice] "'Chloe, I don't know what I'd do without you. You mean more to me than you know.' 'Lois, sometimes I think you don't know me at all, but then other times, I think you know me better than anyone.'"

[Lana looks at Clark and looks back at Bizarro]

Bizarro: "You see, Lana, Clark's been lying to you about more than just who he is and where he's from. You were never the only woman in Clark's heart. But you were the one he trusted the least."

I added that last part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I love Clark in the later seasons when he sort of has the "I don't give a f" attitude and his confidence and the circumstances of what changed him.

One of my favorite episodes of him was Pandora. Although that's a Clois episode, to me that's a Clark that we just didn't see much. He knew what he wanted and how his feelings were and no longer that shy one who makes ridiculous decisions.

I can't wait to get to season 9... and even season 8 (the first half) was on fire for him.
It's something about Lois (even from the beginning) where Clark has this confidence in him and a different way about him which truly helps for his growth.
Well, I haven't seen any of that yet. From some of the YouTube vids I've seen it all looks strikingly similar to Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman.

Well, they still took way too long to get there, Tia. On a show that lasted ten seasons, Clark/Lana should not have lasted seven and a half of them. Someone on the show needed to get fired.

Quote:
Season 5 is the high point for me. Season 6 had some good moments, all of which involved either Clark/Chloe or Clark/Lois. Season 7 has been excruciating.

Quote:
True the writing for him became a bit exasperating. I agree, the Clana relationship in S7 was unbearable by that point. And yeah, Oliver was a breath of fresh air to Clark, told him some home truths that Clark needed to hear.

Like I told Tia, I think the writers got stuck in WB formula when it came to writing Clark/Lana. According to the comics, the show should've ended that relationship after season 4, but the Smallville writers seemed to think that Smallville needed to be like every other WB show like Dawson's Creek or One Tree Hill, where a male character obsesses about the girl he loved in high school until he's in his 30s.

Also, I know that Oliver was popular on Smallville and that Justin became a fan favorite, but I still can't help but think of the Clark/Bruce dynamic when I see those scenes. Clark and Oliver were acquaintances in the comics, and teammates on the Justice League, but they were never buddy-buddy like that. Every scene with Clark and Oliver on the show is basically a Clark/Bruce scene with Oliver Queen standing in for Bruce Wayne because the Smallville creators were denied being able to use Bruce by the WB studio.

I know Tia is gonna tell me to let it go and that we should just appreciate what actually happened on the show, but as long as I know that Millar and Gough fought for years to get Bruce Wayne on Smallville and even wanted to start a Gotham-style show to run as a companion to Smallville, I'll always be wondering about the "what-ifs?" because Bruce and Clark became like brothers in the comics, and it's a shame that friendship dynamic has never been seen on screen. Instead, all we get is that Batman v Superman crap. The Smallville creators wanted Bruce Wayne, Tom and Michael wanted Bruce Wayne, even Erica wanted Bruce Wayne, so I heard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Well Jensen is the narrator and Winchesters takes place before the events of Supernatural but Tom Welling will be portraying the father of Dean Winchester... but in this series I am not sure if Dean was probably even born yet. lol

Clark made a lot of idiotic decisions in season 7 and to be honest some of season 6. It just was draining me to see what they were doing with the lead character.

The Clark/Lana relationship point of unwatchable in season 7 to me.
As much as I loved Clark, this was why I was so extremely happy for Oliver Queen... he usually told Clark what I was thinking about his decision-making.

Jensen narrates The Winchesters? Clever of him to figure out a way to keep getting a paycheck. And I knew it was a prequel, but I wasn't sure who Tom played. Wasn't their dad originally played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan?

Well, again, Tia, I suspect that the higher ups at the WB/CW forced the writers to write Clark that way because they invested a lot into Kristen as their breakout star when the show became a hit in the first three seasons, and they weren't willing to let any other female character supplant Lana as the main love interest in Clark's life as long as Kristen was on the show, even though everyone knew that Lana was not the one Clark ends up with and Lana didn't serve any real purpose in Clark's storyline after high school ended in season 4. There's simply no other rational explanation for Clark's utter stupidity. No professional writer worth his or her salt would write any character like that.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 03-25-2023 at 04:09 AM
Old 03-25-2023, 01:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 03-25-2023, 07:17 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, Fatima! I saw that scene. It was a shame that Tyler's Clark and Tom's Clark didn't get more time to talk.
Old 03-26-2023, 01:35 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Thanks for that, Fatima! I saw that scene. It was a shame that Tyler's Clark and Tom's Clark didn't get more time to talk.
Yeah. There should have been more scenes!
Closed Thread   Post New Thread