Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 11-06-2008, 11:58 AM
Addicted Fan

exactly! I want this one to be much more creative than just "Lois, you were hurt pretty badly. Guess you were just hallucinating" or something like that...as you already said -> old and yeah lame

icon by *Nora*
*Chrissi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Fan Forum Hero

yea hopefully more than lame excuses
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 12:34 PM
Elite Fan

I'm thinking you'll have to suspend belief on what happens with Lois part

I'm more worried about Kara's character. I hope they don't just pass over her, this episode should be centered around her and Clark. It better be this way. I'm also not crazy about the outfit they put Laura in when she's trapped in the Phantom Zone. Before the episode ends, she better get into her custome SV outfit. That's how I want to remember her if this is her last eppy on the show!

The Dark is generous, and it's patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of it's strength lies weakness; one lone candle is enough to hold it back.
Love is more than a candle.
Love can ignite the stars.
Alexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 06:49 PM
Master Fan

L
O
V
E

this episode!

Visit Castle | icon[x]
CJG18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Loyal Fan

Oh man. This is the best season of this show so far. I'm so hooked, it's not even funny.
"It takes a lot of courage to release the familiar and seemingly secure, to embrace the new. But there is no real security in what is no longer meaningful. There is more security in the adventurous and exciting, for in movement there is life, and in change there is power."
gilliang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:06 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I agree definately the best season!

The episode totally rocked. How great were the Lois and Clark moments in the PZ?! I loved how Lois was freaking out and Clark was there to protect her and how they were willing to stick together.

Erica did an awesome job as Fiora (Zod's Zoner Wife). Definately portrayed the cold darkness well. And her stabbing Davis was awesome. It was also fun to know more about Davis' history on how he was created.

LOL it was funny to find out how Lois and Clark tried to explain away what happened- a hallucination. Nice.

Chloe man-! I've always been envious of her Braniac given abilities but now she totally has me worried. Especially when she shoved Ollie out of the way.

Speaking of Ollie, it's about time he/Green Arrow did something to Mercer other than sleep with her. Loved how he stabbed her with one of his arrows.

Kara is a Lois and Clark shipper!!! Loved her lecture to Clark in the barn about how Lois could handle knowing his secret. And it's awesome to see Clark finally come around to his feelings for Lois! It's about time.

I'll post my favorite quotes tomorrow.

This season certainly has made up for season 7. For me that was the worst season in all of Smallville.
Emma♥Neal
Ron_Beckett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:13 PM
Master Fan

Ollie: I missed him, I didn't know he was going to be in the episode. His hallmark comment was hilarious! I loved seeing him w/ Chloe!

Chloe: She scared me with that scene.. whoa, next week is going to be great!

Kara: I missed her soo much. I forgot how important she was for Clark, she is really the only person that he can fully relate too. Plus her belief that Lois could handle Clark's truth.. LOVE IT! Kara= Official Clois shipper!

CLois:
Moving in? Too cute, but I knew once she got the raise, it wasn't going to last. But it would of been awesome to see them banter at home!. But they are way too close now and are starting to feel for each other, it was best not too. Especially since Lois knows that she loves him now.
The Phantomzone..
Them caring about eachother and comforting..
No ones gonna mess with LOIS N CLARK!

And Lois worrying about Clark when she was leaving.. aww

I so wanted Lois to wake up straddling Clark!

But Clark teasing her about being her Knight in Shinning armor.. aww mostly bc she loved it

Great episode! This season is my favourite!

Visit Castle | icon[x]
CJG18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Master Fan

I loved it. I love that Lois wanted to take up Clark on his offer (but then at the end she doesn't want to "because she got a raise"). The Lois and Clark bonding in the PZ was perfect. They both care for each other and the best part? Lois wanted to go back and help Clark on the PZ, and when she was back on earth, who did she call out for? Clark. Perfection.

I loved Davis' WTH face, when Zod's wife in Lois' body was telling him, he was her son. Then the Clark/Lois showdown. She was kind of like what Maxima was for Lois.

Kara. . I love her, and I missed her. Her last scene with Clark? Kicked serious ass. It opened alot of doors for Clark and his destiny. I also really liked Ollie. He made a very valid point about Chloe.
eiluvial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

The Farm! Clark got the crystal…omg! Clark at the Fortress (Phantom Zone) again…..the red jacket! Davis! Weird family tree….first three years? Since when is Clark all optimistic and sappy? I can’t believe that Kara is back…why? Oliver!! Oliver mentioning Clark! The superman symbol!! Does Tess know everything about Clark? The mansion!! Davis…General Zod’s son? Oliver as the Green Arrow! “seriously who names these things” Chloe and the Crystal was crazy!! Clark’s back!! Omg!!! Davis-going to destroy Earth? Blue jacket! Davis omg! Clark living alone!! Clark was the last one to see Lex alive….omg! OMG!!!!!!!! Clark knows all about Lex!!!!!!!!!!!! “Welcome back to Earth cards” lol! Clark/Oliver! The loft! Davis stabbing himself….Crazy episode!! Next week looks crazy
Thor/Loki Charles/Erik Kirk/Spock Zachary/Chris Dexter/Deb Nev/Max Thorin/Bilbo Neal/Peter John/D'avin Thomas/Newt Conrad/Devon Stiles/Scott Richie/Eddie
ocfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 08:42 PM
Fan Forum Hero

pretty good ep...more thoughts in individual threads
Old 11-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Master Fan

My review.

Opening scene (Kent farm): The whole moving in thing was interesting, because Lois and Clark's reactions to it are the exact opposite from Instinct. Lois is now comfortable with it (because she finally knows how to handle her feelings) and Clark is not comfortable with it because he's only just starting to figure out how he feels about her, whereas in Instinct he asked her to move in and Lois was the one who turned him down. So Clark is pretty much where Lois was in Instinct at this point.
As for the crystal part - that was a bit contrived. First of all, who the hell sent it? Second of all, why would Clark whip it out in front of Lois? Does it have something to do with what Kara said at the end? "You wouldn't have let her get so close if you didn't think [that she was strong enough to handle your secret]". Maybe he really does think so on a subconscious level. But more on that later.

Lois: [re crystal] Least it came with batteries.

Chloe/Tess at Kent farm: Ok, now I love Chloe for covering up for Clark, but....a bird flew into the window? Reminds me of Joey Tribbiani trying to explain away the mysterious diappearance of Phoebe's muffin: "Someone opened the door to the coffee house? And a racoon came running in and went straight for your muffin!" What. I love Friends. Anyway.

Clark and Lois in the PZ, part 1: Lois' reaction to the PZ was great and absolutely expected. The woman is strong but that? Would freak anyone out.

Chloe/Davis: "Everything all right?" - "Just one of those days where it seems like my friends have left the planet" - LOL. Great line. Thought it was sweet that Davis asked her for help. If he wasn't Doomy....eh well.

Clark and Lois in the PZ, part 2: My favorite scene. I think Lois was this close to telling Clark how she feels about him because clearly she thought they were gonna die. But what I think that scene established bright and clear is that Clark and Lois are now an "us", whether they're dating or not. They depend on each other emotionally and it's such a joy to watch. And then of course the line that I think was PS3 talking to all Clois fans out there: "No one's gonna mess with Lois and Clark...okay?" I'll take your word for it, PS3. You better not. Because they have made this show come alive for me.

Clark, Lois and Kara in the PZ: Kara's reasons for not using the portal were very noble, very Kryptonian.

Kara: [re Lois] She better be able to fight.
Clark: She won't have to. We're sending her back.
Kara: How many innocent lives is she worth to you?
Clark: Why are you acting like this? What happened to you, Kara?
Kara: Same thing that would've happened to you had you been here for more than a day. The portal stays closed.
Clark: She doesn't belong here! She's not one of us, Kara! ("It's wrong, Edward! She's not one of us!" -- sorry, Twilight flashback ) I'll guard the gate but she's goin' home!

The long intense look Kara gives him after he insists so hard on sending Lois back is very telling IMO. I think she knows that Clark feels stronger about Lois than he lets on.

Chloe/Ollie: I loved seeing them together because it's so rare. I love Ollie's smile when he says, "Mercy? Why didn't you just say so?" YUM! Justin is all kinds of pretty.

Clark, Lois and Kara in the PZ (part 2): I love that Lois doesn't wanna leave Clark and that she openly admits that she feels safer around him ("Actually I think I'll stick by you and your right hook."). She lets her guard down in front of him and seeks his support. And since Lois Lane letting her guard down in *any* version is so rare, these moments are just special to me. I loved the way Clark stared after Lois as she and Kara walked away.

Lois and Kara at the portal: People said that they didn't get where Kara got the Lois-is-strong vibes from while they were in the PZ, because Lois was freaking out. Well this scene explains it IMO. Lois *is* freaking out. She *is* scared to death. Yet when she thinks Clark's in trouble, all she can think about is to get to him even though she could get back to earth safely. And I don't think she would have left without him if Kara hadn't pushed her into the portal.

Lois/Faora/Tess at the Planet: Durance knocked it out of the ballpark. And as an aside, she looked stunning. The whole Lois-gives-Tess-the-creeps part made me laugh so hard. You could almost hear Tess' inner monologue: 'Ok, note to self: Lois? Has gone insane. Must. Give. Her. Raise. SOON!'

Clark/Kara at the PZ: LOVED their scenes. "You're my home". That just made me tear up.

Lois/Faora/Chloe: Can I just note that while Faora strangles Chloe to get information, she still is polite enough to say 'thank you' afterwards? I thought that was genius.

Lois/Faora/David at the hospital: "All I need is you my son. Mother's here." Davis' WTF face was so hilarious. Faora stabbing Davis was SO creepy. That really freaked me out.

Clark/Chloe/Kara: "I see you snuck something through customs." Mack is hilarious.

Clark/Lois/Faora at the hospital: I love how instead of fighting Faora, Clark desperately tried to connect with Lois and get through to her, a fact that wasn't lost on Faora. "You have feelings for this creature I inhabit." And Clark didn't deny it. Not that I expected him to anyway. Note that after Lois/Faora slams him out of the building onto a car, he *still* doesn't fight back. He *still* tries to get through to Lois. And the straddling? Yup, pretty hot.

Lois/Clark at the Planet: "Why would she give you a raise?" - "Because I'm me - hello!" Oh Durance how I love thee. Call me crazy but I love that Lois isn't moving back in. Clark will have to do the chasing, not the other way around. Plus I like the idea of Lois having her own place.

Clark/Ollie: I love Ollie for what he said to Clark about Chloe. Can't wait to see how it turns out next week!

Clark/Kara: Mythos wise? That was one big anvil PS3 gave us.

Clark: All I ever wanted was to keep Lois away from my secret. But yesterday that nearly got her killed.
Kara: You want your cousin's two cents? Lois can handle it. She's tough, strong. You wouldn't have let her get so close if you didn't think so, too.

This screams anvil to me. Now I seriously wonder if Clark will tell Lois his secret, just because he wants to, not because some outside factor forces him to do it. Especially since he practically admitted that keeping it from her didn't do her any good. As for the rest: I was so sad to see Kara leave. Clark shouldn't lose the only family member he's got left.

Overall, brilliant episode.
That's my dream for these characters."
- Kaley Cuoco
*Nora* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Elite Fan

is back And here's my two cents.

Clark got the crystal I thought that was interesting, I wonder who sent it.
Chloe was awesome. "A Bird flew through the window." and she didn't even crack up about her own ridiculousness. And their banter about blind following was great. I was hoping I'd see more of Tess and Chloe together. I liked her helping Davis, even though she didn't want to see him anymore. I mean, she could tell this wasn't his greatest moment, admitting there were more blackouts, and I thought it was very much Chloe to help him out.
Did anyone else think Chloe/Oliver was a bit off? I mean, they've worked together quite a lot and when she asks him to steal something he doesn't jump in and say: "Alright, let's do it."? I thought they were closer. I loved his Mercy comment though, I had already thought Oliver had gotten all soft and smushy. Then Chloe hacking into the computer and pushing Ollie away, crazy! But I kind of liked it

Let's go on to Lois and Clark. I actually liked Lois in the Phantom Zone, her scenes with Clark were very good. And then she was possessed and that was just LOVE Her scene with Mercy was great, and her and Davis were amazing together. His WTF look when she said "my son" and he tried to stick by the protocol, asking if she'd taken any drugs. And then she goes ahead and stabs him, that totally freaked me out. And he's frickin invincible now!

I loved the Clark and Oliver scene. Aw, how I missed Ollie "What are you doing about it?" "Everything I can." Seriously? Well, apparently, you can't do very much, Clark, because talking to Chloe once about it isn't really all that much...

And Kara. My dear Kara I loved her scenes with Clark in the Phantom Zone. And the ending was just beautiful. I'll miss her

no more running; no more hiding; no more excuses
enough already.
Lynn - golden roses - snagging @ lj
sweet_zelda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 05:22 AM
Elite Fan

Phenomenal episode!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2008, 06:30 AM
Passionate Fan

I thought it was a great episode despite of being a Chlarker. Even though, there were some good bits in it that appealed to my ship such as the hug, Chloe helping then rescuing Clark and Kara. What more does the girl have to do to prove her worth to the guy??
I though that ED did a great job with playing Faora and put on a very believable performance playing the mother of Davis/Doomsday. There was not a trace of Lois to be seen when ED was playing the other character.
The overall story was well constructed and leans up nicely to the next episode.
This is turning into one of the best season of Smallville yet.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

good ep...though i don't know where kara got the idea that lois was strong enough...cause she was barely handleing the PZ (not that i can blame her for that)

Faora was awesome and i liked the connection to Doomsday, who also rocked

great moments for lots of chloe ships (chloe/tess, chloe/oliver, chloe/clark, chloe/davis)

i don't like lois not questioning her raise...
Reply   Post New Thread