Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 09-19-2008, 08:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I loved the New Credits and I loved seeing the Justice Leauge in this episode and
everything was just great in this episode looks likes it's going in a good direction and My favorite quote of the episode

Oliver: Clark would never given up on us, we're not giving up on him.
eternalfate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:55 AM
Loyal Fan

I haven't been in here in a while to post, but I absolutely loved the premire!! The show hasn't lost a step, it seems like its only going to get better from here.

Tom looked oh so hot in this ep. They need to hose him down a little more often . I'm glad that Clark is taking steps forward in his life instead of dwelling in the past. It will be interesting to see how he works with Lois at the daily planet and how he takes steps that will bring him one step closer to his destiny.

Loved seeing the Justice League coming together to help Clark. A sign that all his good deeds have come back around to help him when he needed it. I definitely love having Justin Hartley as member of the cast!

Tess Mercer is definitely an interesting addition. It will be interesting to see just what she is capable of in the coming eps. From the looks of it she has the key to getting the fortress back in her possession for now. I wonder how and when Clark will get it back?

Loved the Chloe/Jimmy reunion and I loved Lois reaction to Clark working next to her at the DP. Both should prove to have interesting storylines throughout the season and I can't wait to see more.

Matt Goss' New album Coming Soon

Everything Is Numb3rs
Wildcat492002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:15 AM
Fan Forum Hero

the ep was good...a little put off by clark getting the dp job so quickly...but i could let that slide

tess was great...i think i'm really gonna like the character
Wingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 12:22 PM
Loyal Fan

Hey everyone. I post on occasional at the Smallville board, but I've always been a huge fan of the show. Must say I LOVED last night's episode.

I was a bit nervous about some of the changes, but overall I think the show is still great. I was sad Lex was leaving, but the return of Oliver/Justin was a great idea, and I think it made Lex leaving a bit less sad. I love that Clark has a guy friend again that he can trust. I'm so loving all the Clark/Oliver scenes and I can't wait for more.

I'm also loving Clark/Lois. I love that they will both be working at the planet, I got so excited when I saw that scene because it brings things closer to the actual Superman. It looks like their chemistry is better than ever I can't wait. I noticed they darken Lois' hair, so she even looks more like Lois from the Superman mythos.

Overall I think its gonna be another great season, and I'm excited so see whats in store.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:54 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Loved seeing the Justice League coming together to help Clark. A sign that all his good deeds have come back around to help him when he needed it.
I love that idea. Almost like positive karma.
Old 09-19-2008, 01:44 PM
Master Fan

OK the entire episode was just

The new opening title was Especially having Justin in it.. and a scene without his shirt

The JLA, and all their little hints about tights

Lane/Kent!! Wow I love them, that final scene is an accumulation of 8 years and it was beautiful

And Chloe, I hope this is her year. I was sad when she couldn't heal Clark lol.

Visit Castle | icon[x]
CJG18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Here are the ratings CSI re runs still beat out Smallville premiere

The first of two "CSI" reruns on CBS drew a 5.5/9 at 8 p.m. NBC took second for the hour with "America's Got Talent," 6.3/11, and "My Name Is Earl," 3.3/6. ABC's " Ugly Betty" repeat, 3.1/5, came in third among households, but FOX's "Hole in the Wall" snagged a few more total viewers. The season premiere of "Smallville" earned a 2.7/5 for The CW.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:51 PM
Master Fan

I think the episode did great in the ratings for being on the CW and basically having No Promotion

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 09-20-2008, 04:40 AM
Total Fan

*squeee*
This is officially one of my favorite Smallville episodes! It was absolutely perfect, and I couldn't believe how those 40 minutes just flew by!

Clark was amazing and he finally made the decision to move on. Good for him (and us)! Any my, does Tom look hotter that ever or what?
I loved seeing the JL again, so persistant to rescue Clark. It goes for Lois saving Chloe as well.
I don't know what to think about Tess yet, I didn't mind her scenes, but she didn't impress me as well. I'll just have to wait and see.

And finally... Clois! Loved them! I keep rewatching that last scene at the Daily Planet!

Looks like this is going to be a fantastic season!

I honestly didn't miss any of the old characters, not even Lex.

As for Chloe, there was a time when she was my favorite character, but last season she was just.. meh. I stopped caring. I do think her new power is interesting, but where did it come from? Since they showed the scene with Braniac in Previously on SV, I'm guessing it has something to do with that...?
Tery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:35 AM
Master Fan

Quote:
Season Premiere Ratings: 4.38 Million!
Season 8 of Smallville premiered to great ratings despite not getting the same on-air promotion as Dawn Ostroff's favorite series Gossip Girl and 90210.

The show performed especially well in several key demographics. Supernatural - which followed Smallville - was also off to a very good start. (On the chart below, the show may still seem on the bottom, but keep in mind certain demographics in which it scored ahead of some of the competition, and even came in #1.)

Things are still down from last year's 5-million viewer season premiere, but are still impressive considering the lack of on-air promotion and the fact that some very popular actors from previous seasons are no longer with the show.

Here's the overnight-ratings breakdown (Source: Mediaweek):
Rank Show Network Rating
(in millions of viewers)
#1 America's Got Talent (8:00-8:30) NBC 9.83
#2 CSI (R) CBS 8.00
#3 Kitchen Nightmares (8:30-9:00) FOX 6.15
#4 My Name Is Earl (8:30-9:00) NBC 5.18
#5 Hole in the Wall (8:00-8:30) FOX 4.72
#6 Ugly Betty (R) ABC 4.40
#7 Smallville The CW 4.38
Credit

Visit Castle | icon[x]
Old 09-20-2008, 01:16 PM
Master Fan

mmmm... so good to have Justin back <3333, I've missed his sexiness XD heheheh **flails**

G x
Old 09-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Elite Fan

Impressive turn out for an 8-season show's premiere.

Alex - Um... where is this review you promised.

iTunes has the premiere episode available... and the season pass option. Which is exciting to see, since SV tends to avoid any type of episode downoading.

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Fan Forum Star

The ratings are actually pretty decent considering the CW's lack of promotion and the loss of KK and MR. Also the numbers for the premiere are higher than the numbers for the last few episodes of S7, so overall it's not too shabby.

My in depth review should be up tomorrow.
I see e x t r a o r d i n a r y m a g i c in you
Rachel
now.it.all.begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:02 PM
Elite Fan

Can't wait to read it, Rachel!

kenny | credit
smoothaise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 08:28 PM
Master Fan

I can't wait for your interviews Rachel & Alex

Visit Castle | icon[x]