Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2012, 06:48 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah that ending seemed to come really out of the blue The moment of Clark hugging Chloe and saying she means so much to him felt a lot more earned because we saw the emotional impact it had Clark when Chloe was shot. The direction of Clark losing all control of his powers in Bizarro is another very good moment to show just how much Chloe means to him
Old 03-29-2012, 01:45 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial (View Post)
The moment of Clark hugging Chloe and saying she means so much to him felt a lot more earned because we saw the emotional impact it had Clark when Chloe was shot.
A couple of things I have to say about Labyrinth is that quite a few people mentioned that there was suppose to be a kiss between the two in the original script. I remember it was included in the spoilers too.

Secondly that "Barry White" moment. Anyone who listen to his songs knows they are mainly about love and his songs are quite often used in weddings and other romantic situations. So when Chloe said something about a Barry White moment and add the fireplace settings, I thought it was pretty clear something was going to happen then. But somehow the show runners changed their mind at the most inconvenient time!
Old 03-29-2012, 03:42 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I heard about a kiss as well, and that would have been such a great place for the season 6 kiss as it could have been like Triangle with Mulder taking the chance to kiss Scully when they're in another place with no chance of her remembering any of it So that way they could avoid totally committing to Chlark as a couple and changing things between Chlark themselves, but at the same time give us a kiss that was initiated by Clark and make his feelings clear. Zod also seemed to be setting that up as he was obviously thrown by Chloe brushing off their kiss, and then expressed a lot of jealousy of Jimmy in Sneeze

I guess season 6 was the time when they decided to start backing off the yearly kiss teases though
Old 03-29-2012, 07:49 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by antisocial (View Post)
Zod also seemed to be setting that up as he was obviously thrown by Chloe brushing off their kiss
I think Zod was another example where the writers were considering Chlark but for some reason decide not to go down that path. I can't quite remember.
Old 03-29-2012, 08:12 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It would have sense for Vessal end of the world kiss to lead to something, but then as season 6 went on they were very into writing pure friendship Chlark and dropped the UST that was quite prevelant in the earlier seasons (moments like in Magnetic, Bound, Thirst etc).
Old 03-31-2012, 03:33 AM
Master Fan

Was the Labyrinth kiss suppose to happen in the AU storyline or in the real storyline? Does anyone know?
Old 03-31-2012, 03:21 PM
Master Fan

I just spent like 10 minutes ooggling the OP, it's so gorgeous. I'll never be over these two. Ever.
Old 04-01-2012, 02:32 AM
Master Fan

Our OP is so pretty, right! Chloie did a fantastic job!
Old 04-01-2012, 05:59 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Absolutely

And I think the kiss was meant to be in the AU?
Old 04-01-2012, 01:24 PM
Master Fan

Uh, okay.
It actually was a bit surprising to me that Clark decided to run after Chloe in the scene where he had to choose between Lana and her. I kiss sometime before that scene would have explained that, i guess.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:53 AM
Fan Forum Hero

It confused me because the AU seemed to me to be about Lana representing the past (living in the barn with a shrine to her parents or something wasn't it?), and Clark needing to move on from that holding him back with the threatened lobotomy and everything. So the ending felt really tacked-on and out of place when the only lesson Clark seemed to take from the whole episode was that he didn't want to let go of Lana. It wasn't Lana that caused Clark to completely break down and give up on everything that episode when he lost her, so it really did feel like the emotional beat should have belonged to Chlark alone when Clark got back, and his scene with Lana should have been about saying goodbye and accepting it was better that she moved on with Lex than remain stuck in a childish past. Clark choosing to go after Chloe in the AU, when both girls were appealing to him at the same time, backs that up as well

Supposedly though the writers brought Clana back as a last minute decision after around the time of Hydro because of all the online complaints about missing Clana and hating Lexana, so for that reason I always suspected that the ending was a last minute rewrite...
Old 04-02-2012, 03:54 AM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jette_ (View Post)
Was the Labyrinth kiss suppose to happen in the AU storyline or in the real storyline? Does anyone know?
I thought it was supposed to be in the "real world"?? I'll see if I can find out a bit more.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I know Craig from k site asked the writers and they blew it off as it was just meant to be a cheek kiss or something, but then tbh I find that they always downplay and retcon things when they're telling the tale after (I.e claiming that Jason was always going to turn evil when he clearly wasn't until Jensen landed SPN, or claiming that they were never setting Adam up to be Batman before DC caught them out). They seem to go with where the story ended up as always being planned that way, even if all evidence points to the opposite, and I'm pretty sure the kiss was meant to be a bigger deal than a peck on the cheek, but then who really knows
Old 04-03-2012, 06:11 AM
Master Fan

Guess now we'll never find out.

Quote:
Supposedly though the writers brought Clana back as a last minute decision after around the time of Hydro because of all the online complaints about missing Clana and hating Lexana, so for that reason I always suspected that the ending was a last minute rewrite...
That's a very good explanation. Makes total sense. But I just wish that sometimes producers and writers wouldn't listen to the many fan opinions and voices too much and just follow their original plans.
Old 04-03-2012, 06:58 AM
Passionate Fan

Hmm, all I can find was this:

Quote:
- There will be a kiss between Clark and one of the show's regular females in this story.
Maybe after spending too much time in the Chlark threads, I allowed myself to be convinced that it was going to be a Chlark kiss?