Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2023, 06:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by falling slowly (View Post)
Im currently watching season 2 accelerate and in the last couple episodes chloe has written a note to clark about her feelings and seems to resent lanas relationship to clark. Like making a face when lana grabbed clarks hand at the movie theater.

Season 2 was rough for me when it comes to Chloe... easily my least favorite character and I didn't care for Chloe/Clark at all... it was draining because Lana/Clark had to hide their feelings because of judgement ... it was just too much.

The highlight moment was definitely the Fever episode where she tells Clark her feelings and that was so sad that his one-word response was Lana... that was heartwretching.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:42 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
I just finished watching rush.
Spoiler:
I think it was something, but not Clark's heart. If that were the case he wouldn't have ended up with Lois. I think the writers were dilly-dallying with the whole Clark/Lana and Clark/Chloe thing to the point where they overplayed it and didn't have any time left for it to go anywhere. Like I said, even they themselves admitted that it went on too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
Oh, just make out already, you two!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

Season 2 was rough for me when it comes to Chloe... easily my least favorite character and I didn't care for Chloe/Clark at all... it was draining because Lana/Clark had to hide their feelings because of judgement ... it was just too much.

The highlight moment was definitely the Fever episode where she tells Clark her feelings and that was so sad that his one-word response was Lana... that was heartwretching.
That was the writers just doing what WB writers always did, dragging out triangles. Smallville isn't Dawson's Creek or Gossip Girl, so I really wish they hadn't done that.
Old 01-11-2023, 05:02 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Chloe was getting mean in Season Two.
Old 01-11-2023, 07:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, the writers were putting Chloe through some serious after season 1, which annoyed me. The treatment of Chloe and the dragging out of Clark/Lana goes back to one of my biggest complaints about the show, which is that it's supposed to be a Superman story, not Dawson's Creek or Gossip Girl, and I wish they'd written it like that. I appreciate that Gough and Millar have at least gone on an apology tour the last couple of years admitting that.
Old 01-12-2023, 02:38 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Well I have comments on that but won't comment.
I loved their friendship scenes. That's all.
Old 01-12-2023, 05:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Yes, I know, Tia. And I'll say it again... friends don't kiss. And if you don't want anyone to ship a couple and you want to keep it a "friendship," don't make them look like a couple. I never blame the fans, I blame the writers. You hang the Chekhov's gun on the wall then you have to fire it or it shouldn't be there. That's one of the oldest rules of storytelling. You can't cheat and think you can gaslight your audience into convincing them that the gun on the wall isn't there.
Old 01-12-2023, 05:22 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Jack and Jennifer on Dawson's Creek kissed and almost had sex and they are best friends and Jack is gay. lol
Also fans are going to ship who they ship regardless of the writing at times.
Old 01-12-2023, 05:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Totally different situation. Again, this ain't Dawson's Creek.
Old 01-12-2023, 05:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Nope, you said "friends don't kiss" and I can show you many scenarios where friends did kiss. So that was just not a true quote. lol

In the end, they ended as best friends although they had romantic feelings in the past.

Like Clark and Lana in the comics. Former lovers and became best friends... it happens sometimes.
Old 01-12-2023, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

But Clark and Lana got their chance. Clark and Chloe didn't, Tia. It was wasted potential, is my point. They should have at least explored that relationship rather than prematurely tank it because they didn't know how to shut off the Clark/Lana machine.

Also, I'd add that Dawson's Creek was a blatant example of bad writing. Considering that neither Clark or Chloe are gay, that example is not applicable.
Old 01-12-2023, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Well, the writers were putting Chloe through some serious after season 1, which annoyed me. The treatment of Chloe and the dragging out of Clark/Lana goes back to one of my biggest complaints about the show, which is that it's supposed to be a Superman story, not Dawson's Creek or Gossip Girl, and I wish they'd written it like that. I appreciate that Gough and Millar have at least gone on an apology tour the last couple of years admitting that.
Do you like Chloe evil?
Old 01-13-2023, 05:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsEnough (View Post)
Do you like Chloe evil?
I don't think she was evil. She was just feeling jilted, and I can't blame her. Lana was the girl that Clark pursued from a distance because he had become infatuated with the idea of her, but never really got to know her, and by the time he did she wasn't who he thought she was. Meanwhile, Chloe was the one who was there for Clark from the beginning and always had his back.

Everyone knows that the best love stories are always the ones between the hero and the girl he never sees coming. Chloe and Lois are both like that. He never showed any interest in Lois either at the beginning and thought of her as annoying, but we all know how that ended.
Old 01-13-2023, 07:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

Awww he thought she was annoying

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 01-13-2023, 08:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Awww he thought she was annoying
He'll get used to it.
Old 01-16-2023, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Legend

New Thread
Closed Thread   Post New Thread