Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2022, 05:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Old 12-16-2022, 01:50 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Lois and those freaking tank tops. Yowza!

Of course Clark was checking her out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)

If we are going my technologies and being picture comic book perfect then Lois Lane and Lex Luthor wouldn't have had association with Clark so early in his life so I like how everything happened especially in season 4 with them.

There are always things that the show could've done better but with the restrictions and network and the comics. I think for the most part, they did pretty well and there is a reason why Smallville is the most successful comic book series and how it opened the doors to other ones such as Arrowverse.
Actually, Tia, Lex Luthor did have contact with Clark when he was a teenager in the old Superboy comics, remember? Clark was the one responsible for Lex losing all his hair.

Well, the restrictions were misguided and based on obsolete thinking, Tia. Not more than three years after Smallville went off the air, all of the things they wouldn't allow Smallville to do they began allowing the Arrowverse to do. They even let Batman appear in the Crisis on Infinite Earths and let Bruce Wayne have his own show on Fox, which was Gotham.

I still think it could've been done better had someone been a bit more... relentless. Too bad it wasn't me.
Old 12-17-2022, 03:00 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 12-17-2022, 09:21 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Are you applauding my comment, or Lois' tank top, Fatima?
Old 12-17-2022, 11:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)

Actually, Tia, Lex Luthor did have contact with Clark when he was a teenager in the old Superboy comics, remember? Clark was the one responsible for Lex losing all his hair.

Well, the restrictions were misguided and based on obsolete thinking, Tia. Not more than three years after Smallville went off the air, all of the things they wouldn't allow Smallville to do they began allowing the Arrowverse to do. They even let Batman appear in the Crisis on Infinite Earths and let Bruce Wayne have his own show on Fox, which was Gotham.

I still think it could've been done better had someone been a bit more... relentless. Too bad it wasn't me.

Clark and Lois knew each other at a younger age in some comics as well but they rarely go with that so I don't take those Superboy comics that seriously when it comes to Lex and Clark's most used history. If you want to go with every single comic history then we shouldn't be complaining about everything Smallville is a quote on quote "doing wrong" cause I can name a lot of storylines and directions that certain comics did that was complete. different.
You very well know that Clark and Lex shouldn't be knowing each other right now.

Also if we are being more honest. Lois and Lex shouldn't know Clark BEFORE he becomes Superman in his disguise.

We can't say "Oh they can use this because I agree with it" and then in the same breath say "URG! They aren't sticking to the comics" either we want them to stay completely 100% in line with the comics or we approve of them making their own changes. Different with me is that I know Smallville wouldn't have lasted 10 years if it stuck to the comic books and the whole show would've been different.

You can school me on Marvel/X-Files but not on Smallville/Clois/Superman comics even though you believe that you know more than me when it comes to behind-the-scenes of Smallville, ratings, and other stuff pertaining to it. lol So again I can't comment much since your mindset is what it is regardless of any type of proof I give however pertaining to Clois, since I love Clark/Lois so much I have read so many different alternative comics of how they were and I read a good amount of Lana ones. I also read a lot when Lois and Lana were fighting over Clark.
I also remember when people felt Lana was a better to love interest than Lois because at times it was portrayed Lana loved the MAN Clark and Lois loved mainly only SUPERMAN. It didn't help with what the live-action movies/shows were doing so I did love in the Lois & Clark show when we got Lois wanting to choose Clark over Superman. That Lois & Clark show truly helped changed the landscape of Clois from "oh she only wants Superman" ... to me it did even though it was like hundreds of comics to show the different times/ways they fell in love. I feel that show changed the typical way some fans thought... even for the ones who loved Clois.

That's off-topic but had to mention that. Also, I wasn't around in the 40s - 80s, so I do not know how Clois romance was viewed but I assume very popularly even more when the SUperman: The Movie came out. I am not sure how popular they were with the Adventures of Superman 50s series... that show didn't really even place the Lois & Clark romance.

Well, don't that Arrowverse had a good amount of restrictions especially when it came to Slade Wilson and the Suicide Squad. Their restriction was so bad that they had to kill off all the Suicide Squad members... and yes it's an interview of the actors talking about this.
So pretty much know that if there ia a movie out at the same time as the show then restrictions will take place. I do hope in the past five years it has been changed with Crisis on Infinate Earths and other stuff like that.

Everyone believe they could do better and then the general public humbles people. No one truly thinks there material sucks.

Old 12-18-2022, 02:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Are you applauding my comment, or Lois' tank top, Fatima?
Both!

A Detailed Explanation, Tia!
Old 12-18-2022, 08:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Way off topic, Tia. That's for the general discussion thread. A shipper thread should not be a battlefield.
Old 12-19-2022, 01:31 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Old 12-19-2022, 08:59 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They certainly have a thing for showers.
Old 12-20-2022, 01:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ They have a thing for a lot of things!

Old 12-21-2022, 03:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

^ Awww I love that. Great moments.
Quote:
Way off topic, Tia. That's for the general discussion thread. A shipper thread should not be a battlefield.

Well if my post was off topic then yours was way off topic since I was literally replying to your whole post so did you want me to be out of character and not reply with the history that I know? Even though you school me about the history all the time? lol
Old 12-21-2022, 08:07 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, Fatima! Is that the one with Lois as Isis? I heard about that one.

Gotta love this.

Old 12-22-2022, 01:16 AM
Fan Forum Hero

^ Yeah.

Isis; Kara
Metallo; Salvation
Prototype; Bloodline
Old 12-22-2022, 07:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Lois had such a great first episode. I remember I record that episode on my VCR tape... I still have the tape by the way and I rewatched the Clois scenes too many times to count and couldn't wait for next episode. Such a great insane time. I was on cloud 9.lol
Old 12-23-2022, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

See, I can't win with Tia. First, she always fights me on the Clark/Chloe thing, even though I only got into this show for Clark/Lois. Then, when I find out that Lois dated Oliver and I show my utter contempt for the writers doing such a thing, she assures me that it's not as bad as I think and tries to get me on the Oliver bandwagon. She fights me on Clark/Chloe, but the Oliver/Lois thing is okay.

But then when I tell her that Erica Durance knocked it out of the park as Lois, Tia gets on my case because I committed a Cardinal sin... I said that Erica was a better Lois than Teri Hatcher. Tia and I both watched Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman, and I told Tia that I thought Teri was even better than Margot Kidder. Granted, the sample size for Margot is pretty small. We mostly judge her on Superman and Superman II, and Superman II had two Lois Lanes - the fresh, healthy-looking Lois who worked with Richard Donner, and the gaunt, exhausted-looking Lois that was forced to work with Richard Lester. She was barley in Superman III, which was probably for the best considering how awful it was, and the less said about Superman IV: The Quest For Peace, the better. It actually managed to be worse than Superman III. Also, Margot's Lois sadly never ended up with Christopher's Clark Kent, so that film series is always bittersweet for me.

So when I told Tia that Teri was the best Lois Lane, that was the absolute truth... until I saw Erica. She had me in two episodes. I say two because we didn't get much Clark/Lois action in that first episode because Clark was still in Kal-El mode and wasn't himself, but that next episode where she moved into the Kent Farm and walked in on Clark in the shower? Absolutely killed me. Erica is the best. That's right, Tia, she had me in two episodes. I didn't even need to warm up to her at all.

Don't get me started on Amy Adams. Redheads are Marvel's thing. The only great redhead in DC is Barbara Gordon.

Last edited by PhoenixRising; 12-23-2022 at 12:15 PM
Closed Thread   Post New Thread