Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2022, 08:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfire (View Post)
No problem.

Yup.

No problem. Yeah, from what I read seems his return is like a big deal.

Oh, I went to Wal-Mart, and got the complete series of Justice League TAS on DVD.

Also would you believe I was just thinking about Keaton Batman news before I saw this?

I hope everyone is ok, and goodnight as well.

Hi, dragonfire!

Whose return?

Awesome!

Yeah, I'd believe it. Oh, and did you hear that the Batgirl movie got scrapped?

I'm okay, thanks. I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Old 08-03-2022, 08:22 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They filmed all of that Batgirl stuff just to scrap it. Smh. They should've scrapped it long before that with all the issues that were going on.
Old 08-03-2022, 02:47 PM
Master Fan

They had a change in ownership with the Discovery merger, that's why things are being canceled. Batgirl was greenlit under the old owner. The new one is cleaning house. And wants to focus on Discovery +. I don't know anyone that has that streaming service.

I feel bad for the cast and crew of Batgirl. I can't imagine filming a whole movie, then having it thrown out for a tax write off. Which apparently means if they get the write off, they can't ever release it.
Old 08-03-2022, 04:39 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixRising (View Post)
Hi, dragonfire!

Whose return?

Awesome!

Yeah, I'd believe it. Oh, and did you hear that the Batgirl movie got scrapped?

I'm okay, thanks. I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Hey Alex.

Horn's.

Thanks.

I see. Yes. Honestly, after the news/reports about Discovery what's the point of rooting for WB/DC?

It don't matter what they announced because it'll just get cancelled.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm done with WB/DC, and will just focus on Disney/Marvel, and even Sony from now on.

Good, no problem. Thanks. Thanks.

Old 08-04-2022, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree, Tia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
They had a change in ownership with the Discovery merger, that's why things are being canceled. Batgirl was greenlit under the old owner. The new one is cleaning house. And wants to focus on Discovery +. I don't know anyone that has that streaming service.

I feel bad for the cast and crew of Batgirl. I can't imagine filming a whole movie, then having it thrown out for a tax write off. Which apparently means if they get the write off, they can't ever release it.

Hi, Melissa! Nice to see you back!

Yeah, I read about that. But I really wasn't enthused about the Batgirl movie anyway. I heard that test screenings were terrible, and I could tell that they were ruining Barbara anyway.

Quote:
Hey Alex.

Horn's.

Thanks.

I see. Yes. Honestly, after the news/reports about Discovery what's the point of rooting for WB/DC?

It don't matter what they announced because it'll just get cancelled.

I don't know about anyone else but I'm done with WB/DC, and will just focus on Disney/Marvel, and even Sony from now on.

Good, no problem. Thanks. Thanks.

Hi, dragonfire!

Again, I've never heard of him.

Well, I've been saying that since they handed the reins over to Zack Snyder. I know some of you like Snyder, but I knew he would ruin the DCEU after what I saw him do to Watchmen, and after I saw Sucker Punch, which was unwatchable.

Well, I'm also angry with Marvel/Disney and Sony, dragonfire.

You're welcome. And thanks. I'm okay, and I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Old 08-05-2022, 12:38 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:

Hi, dragonfire!

Again, I've never heard of him.

Well, I've been saying that since they handed the reins over to Zack Snyder. I know some of you like Snyder, but I knew he would ruin the DCEU after what I saw him do to Watchmen, and after I saw Sucker Punch, which was unwatchable.

Well, I'm also angry with Marvel/Disney and Sony, dragonfire.

You're welcome. And thanks. I'm okay, and I'm glad you are too. Goodnight!
Hey Alex.

I know.

I know.

I know but at least they're committed.

Thanks. No problem. Good, and thanks.

Similar to Disney/Marvel? 10 year plan? etc. etc. I'll believe it when I actually see it.

Quote:
IGN
DC Films Will Follow a Ten-Year Plan Similar to What Disney and Marvel Have Done
Warner Bros. Discovery's ideas for its DC movies are becoming a little clearer after CEO David Zaslav announced there will be a codified...
https://www.ign.com/articles/dc-film...bros-discovery

Quote:
Variety
Warner Bros. Discovery CEO Defends Axing ‘Batgirl’: ‘We’re Not Going to Put a Movie Out Unless We Believe in It’
Warner Bros. Discovery CEO David Zaslav addressed the decision to cancel the release of 'Batgirl,' during the company's Q2 earnings call.
https://variety.com/2022/film/news/b...ry-1235333681/

Quote:
The Hollywood Reporter
DC Films’ Walter Hamada Was on the Brink of Exit After ‘Batgirl’ Cancellation
DC Films president Walter Hamada has come to the verge of exiting the studio amid the shelving of the HBO Max film 'Batgirl.'
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...rl-1235193439/
Old 08-05-2022, 06:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I agree Melissa.

Although I didn't care about the Batgirl movie getting made, I do feel for the cast who did all that filming and the production team and everyone involved.
Old 08-08-2022, 04:09 PM
Master Fan

They cancel Batgirl for no real reason and are releasing the Flash movie while the lead star is on a crime spree. That makes sense.
Old 08-08-2022, 05:12 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Entertainment Weekly
'Batgirl' director shares photo of Michael Keaton reprising Batman
'Batgirl' co-director Adil El Arbi shared a photo of what looks like what could've been: Michael Keaton returning as Batman.
Spoiler:

https://ew.com/movies/batgirl-michae...-batman-photo/
Old 08-08-2022, 07:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks for that, dragonfire. Is Keaton wearing his old outfit from the first movie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1214 (View Post)
They cancel Batgirl for no real reason and are releasing the Flash movie while the lead star is on a crime spree. That makes sense.
Well, I agree with you that the Flash movie should've been canned, Melissa. Ezra Miller is a disgrace. But I blame Zack Snyder for casting him in the first place. Batman v Superman set the tone for the entire DCEU, and Snyder messed everything up all to hell.

But I still say that Batgirl was miscast. Leslie Grace is just not Barbra Gordon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternalfate (View Post)
I agree Melissa.

Although I didn't care about the Batgirl movie getting made, I do feel for the cast who did all that filming and the production team and everyone involved.
I agree, Tia. It is a shame that all those people wasted their time. I hope they at least get compensated. I've honestly never seen a film shelved like this before.

Quote:
Hey Alex.

I know.

I know.

I know but at least they're committed.

Thanks. No problem. Good, and thanks.

Similar to Disney/Marvel? 10 year plan? etc. etc. I'll believe it when I actually see it.
Hi, dragonfire!

I'm glad you know.

Oh, Sony is committed, alright. Thinking they can build an entire cinematic universe around one character.

You're welcome.

A ten year plane? Feige wasn't able to not screw up his ten year plan, so no one should be making ten year plans. My plan was the only one that made sense.
Old 08-08-2022, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Thanks for that, dragonfire. Is Keaton wearing his old outfit from the first movie?

Hi, dragonfire!

I'm glad you know.

Oh, Sony is committed, alright. Thinking they can build an entire cinematic universe around one character.

You're welcome.

A ten year plane? Feige wasn't able to not screw up his ten year plan, so no one should be making ten year plans. My plan was the only one that made sense.
No problem. No.

Hey Alex.

Thanks.

I know but they're doing better than Discovery/WB. I don't see Sony cancelling movies/shows, and pissing people off.

Shoot next month Sony is releasing an extended cut of No Way Home in theaters, and Disney/Marvel is announcing more Marvel stuff at D23 as well.

Thanks.

Yeah, which sounds like the same thing DC fans I have heard before. At this point should called it a 30 year plan.

If DC wants to be successful they need to divorce WB because it's been nothing but trouble for DC especially for the fans.

Ok.

Old 08-10-2022, 09:28 AM
Fan Forum Legend

they should put all the cancelled stuff on HBO Max and that includes the Flash
Old 08-10-2022, 05:33 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Laugh (View Post)
they should put all the cancelled stuff on HBO Max and that includes the Flash
Ironically Batgirl was a HBO Max movie. Everything was going well until the CEO of Discovery cancelled it for a tax write off.

I hope everyone is ok.

Quote:
DC Films “Reset” Adds More Confusion for Warner Bros.’ Slate
After David Zaslav shelved 'Batgirl' and declared a new 10-year plan is in the works, the future of the comic book powerhouse is less clear than it has been in years.
Quote:
The remarks were not well received inside DC, according to multiple insiders who used the same word to describe members of the film division: “pissed.” And DC Films president Walter Hamada nearly exited after learning of the shelving of Batgirl before being convinced to stay on at least until the Oct. 21 release of Dwayne Johnson’s Black Adam.

Hamada’s plans were said to have included a Crisis on Infinite Earths event, a take on the seminal DC Comics story that was adapted for TV on The CW. Rumors circulated about introducing the Secret Six, a villain team that in the comics have been Suicide Squad antagonists. More concretely, Warners had films based on Supergirl, Green Lantern Corps and Static Shock expected in the next few years, plus a J.J. Abrams-produced Black Superman film from writer Ta-Nehisi Coates. Development has slowed, with none of those features attaching directors.

Some key collaborators have received assurances their projects are safe. The Suicide Squad filmmaker James Gunn has multiple projects in development at DC, including season two of Peacemaker, which is moving forward. Insiders say Blue Beetle, starring Xolo Maridueña as DC’s first Latino superhero to topline a movie, is also on track for its August 2023 release date. After Batgirl’s cancellation, observers had feared for the project, given that it at one time was slated for HBO Max before being upgraded to theatrical. The studio is also moving full steam ahead with a sequel to Joker, with Lady Gaga confirming her casting the morning of the WBD earnings call.

Zaslav turned heads when, among DC’s upcoming films, he highlighted on an earnings call not only Black Adam and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom but also The Flash, starring the embattled actor Ezra Miller. “We’ve seen them. We think they are terrific, and we think we can make them even better,” Zaslav said of those films. The optics were not good, coming days after axing Batgirl, which would have been the first DC Extended Universe film to star a Latina, Leslie Grace.

Work has kept up on The Flash, which has been testing well. Miller participated in regularly scheduled additional photography over the summer, apparently without incident, before being charged with burglary — their third arrest this year — on Aug. 7 in Vermont. Still, neither DC nor Zaslav has indicated the film will move from its June 2023 release date, though insiders say the studio is evaluating all options.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/mo...es-1235196017/
Old 08-10-2022, 10:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well, he might call it a tax write-off, I call it a serious case of miscasting that thankfully got cancelled.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:15 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I call it "doing a bad job" and the movie should not have been made.... the tv series did mediocre; why would you want to make a movie about the same character. With Batgirl...the Killing Joke story ruined it for me.... Joker attacked her and crippled her and left her for dead.
With the Joker/ Robin thing in the warehouse...it was the same treatment...left for dead and Joker even set a bomb to blow up the place.... realistically Robin should have escaped

I liked the cartoon movie with Harley/ Batgirl facing all those villains... international intergang with tech and magic, Nyssa, Cheetah, and Grundy
Closed Thread   Post New Thread