Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2011, 05:09 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary ksand (View Post)
Reading OOTP I had an impression that I finally love Harry's interactions with some girl and wouldn't mind to see more of Harry/Luna, but only closer to the end of the book I said yes, they HAVE to be together, they seem like made for each other. Then that scene in the end when Luna made him feel better after Sirius's death and he watched her go and felt like his pain wasn't as unbearable after talking to her made me a total shipper, because they really had a connection that Harry didn't have with anyone else.
I really felt the same. I wasn't going in looking for a romance for Harry, one just seemed to pop into my head as perfect. Talking to him about her missing belongings and making him feel again after he shut himself off... from that moment on they always felt like more than friends. It's not cannon or uncannon... it's a feeling I got from their interactions.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunas_borednow (View Post)
I really felt the same. I wasn't going in looking for a romance for Harry, one just seemed to pop into my head as perfect. Talking to him about her missing belongings and making him feel again after he shut himself off... from that moment on they always felt like more than friends. It's not cannon or uncannon... it's a feeling I got from their interactions.
Exactly. It wasn't that I immediatelly thought: "OMG, they should kiss!", it just felt so right to me and it felt like they have this something that can somehow grow and evolve into something bigger.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 07-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Elite Fan

That art is beautiful. They were amazing in the books but I didn't expect them to get so much in the movies too. It just reconfirmed for me that Luna was the best girl for Harry.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:44 PM
Elite Fan

Dan's our man so I think that helped.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Moderator Manager

That is absolutely lovely, Mary! Thanks for sharing.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:43 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazing star (View Post)
That art is beautiful. They were amazing in the books but I didn't expect them to get so much in the movies too. It just reconfirmed for me that Luna was the best girl for Harry.
Thanks guys, glad you liked it

And definitelly, I fell for them while reading the books but I didn't even expect the movies to play their connection out so well, even after it was obvious that they are not endgame. I adored the way they where in OOTP and it only confirmed further that they are perfect for each other

Quote:
Dan's our man so I think that helped
Totally Dan supported HL from the start and he was sure that Luna was THE girl for Harry and he made great points about it.

Old 07-28-2011, 03:51 AM
Elite Fan

I love Dan for that...
Old 07-28-2011, 04:06 AM
Elite Fan

Dan is so amazing and I totally squeeled when I read all his interviews supporting HL.

Old 07-28-2011, 04:08 AM
Elite Fan

When I saw one on Youtube I knew at last that I wasn't just crazy...
Old 07-28-2011, 04:38 AM
Elite Fan

Ironically I only read those Dan's quotes after book 7 was released and everything was over. But I felt SO much better after reading what he said.It only proved further that HL where really perfect for each other, because he made really good points and I remember I felt exactly the same when reading the books, it was like he took words out of my mouth.

Old 07-28-2011, 06:39 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
And definitelly, I fell for them while reading the books but I didn't even expect the movies to play their connection out so well, even after it was obvious that they are not endgame. I adored the way they where in OOTP and it only confirmed further that they are perfect for each other
I didn't expect it for the movies as well. I mean, yes there were moments in the book but they've really explored this relationship in the movies and for that I'm really happy.

Old 07-28-2011, 11:21 AM
Elite Fan

Quote:
"I always get nervous talking about anything [from the Harry Potter books] in front of Evanna, because you sort of go "Oh God, if I say something not quite right you’ll pick me up on it, because you know everything!" So if any of us ever have a question about something like what a spell does, we go to Evanna. She’s kind of like a walking book." - Daniel Radcliffe
Old 07-28-2011, 07:17 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Ironically I only read those Dan's quotes after book 7 was released and everything was over. But I felt SO much better after reading what he said.It only proved further that HL where really perfect for each other, because he made really good points and I remember I felt exactly the same when reading the books, it was like he took words out of my mouth.
I found them after reading the 6th book and they lifted my heart so much...
Old 07-28-2011, 10:11 PM
Elite Fan

Dan's quotes always made me
Quote:
"I always get nervous talking about anything [from the Harry Potter books] in front of Evanna, because you sort of go "Oh God, if I say something not quite right you’ll pick me up on it, because you know everything!" So if any of us ever have a question about something like what a spell does, we go to Evanna. She’s kind of like a walking book." - Daniel Radcliffe
and aww, that's so sweet of him. Evanna is such a HP fan. No wonder she got a role. And she is such a perfect Luna.

Old 07-29-2011, 12:28 AM
Moderator Manager

I remember that quote from Dan. Evanna is huge Potter fan and I'm so glad she got casted as Luna. It's so surreal looking back at it now because, to me at least, I grew up liking Luna more because of her. Anyway, it doesn't hurt too that she & Dan nailed all the H/L scenes in the movie. OOTP still has a special place in my heart for these two.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top