Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2011, 01:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

OMG, that's hilarious!! It's making me laugh more than it should too, I think. That guy next to Alan in the last GIF.. He's like what the hell is he staring at?
✰ Damon x Elena ✰ Klaus x Stefan ✰ Klaus x Caroline ✰ Anna x Jeremy ✰ Ian x Nina ✰ Jake x Cassie ✰ Eric x Sookie ✰ Jason x Jessica ✰ Chuck x Blair ✰ Freddy x Effy ✰ Draco x Hermione ✰ Severus x Lily ✰
youtubetumblrabyicon by: grotesque_xxx
Old 08-01-2011, 01:28 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Yeah! The man next to him is making me laugh aswell

"Thank you! AND it doesn't weigh nothing!"

"Is it chocolate? I hope..."

He's so cute
Old 08-01-2011, 07:49 PM
Supreme Fan

He's adorable!
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 08-01-2011, 10:06 PM
Moderator Manager

OMG, that gif at Wimbledon (eyes her favorite F1 driver talking to his gf). And that HP World Cup trophy! I felt like he won a tennis grand slam.

Let's go on a clumsy cute bestie trip!
Already miss our days in Cloud Planet.

Old 08-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Fan Forum Star

Can I be added to the list. I love Alan and I think he is awesome as snape.
Old 08-01-2011, 10:56 PM
Passionate Fan

Hey everybody, I've just seen the movie and Snape really won me over in it.

Spoiler:

I thought I'll put the thoughts in spoiler tags just in case not everyone here has seen the movie yet.

Edit: thanks for bringing that link over from RTE Lindsay. I now have even more respect for Alan as it must be incredibly hard to play a character not knowing where his loyalty lies and is capable of human emotions or not.

Last edited by 2old2care; 08-01-2011 at 11:19 PM
Old 08-01-2011, 11:10 PM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Daisy lover (View Post)
Can I be added to the list. I love Alan and I think he is awesome as snape.
Sure and welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old2care (View Post)
It's funny, as I was sitting down in the cinema just before the movie began, I was wondering about him and when when they had that slow close up of him, I still couldn't figure from his face whether he was for good or bad. Then they had the scene where he warned the students at Hogwarts if anyone helped Harry, there would be dire consequences and I though "Ahhhh, so he's evil....." Then they showed the scene where Harry finds out the truth about Snape I thought "Well I'll be a monkey's uncle" and thought that whole scene was pretty heart wrenching and really made me feel for him. It was a good twist and an excellent performance by Alan Rickmann. I almost got up and applause his performance at the end of his scene but thought that the other cinema goers would appreciate the disruption
I'm glad you found his performance stellar! Have you read the book?

Old 08-01-2011, 11:17 PM
Passionate Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by L i N d $ @ y (View Post)
I'm glad you found his performance stellar! Have you read the book?
No, I have never read any Harry Potter books. Originally, I thought it is just a kids book so I won't bother but now I'll seen nearly all of the movies (I've missed a couple), it is a good time to read them I guess.
Old 08-01-2011, 11:22 PM
Moderator Manager

Okay, because based on your reaction I thought you haven't read the books. It's interesting to hear views from people who haven't read the books as most posters here have read all 7.

Old 08-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Passionate Fan

In a way, I think people enjoy the movie more if you haven't read the book - it keeps you guessing . But I'll read them now as there is a couple of things I don't understand about the film. Beside the film gives you that extra ability to visualised the scenes when you are reading them.
Old 08-02-2011, 02:24 AM
Moderator Manager

The people who haven't read the books don't compare the books to the movies. You kind of get judgmental when you've read the books.

Old 08-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Fan Forum Hero

I actually don't compare them much at all. And I've read the books. I don't think much about it. The only time I reacted, and not ina bad way, I just reacted, haha, was after Snape killed Dumbledore. In the book Snape is running and Harry is running after him and cast spells. In the movie, they walk. I prefered the movie version. I think I'm one of the few who actually prfer the movies. I guess it's because I can actually see it. I do love the books and I think you should read them and they tell you more what Harry is thinking, but when it comes to me connecting to the characters more and that kind of stuff, I think the movies are better. I wasn't that fond of Sanpe in the books, but I LOVE Alan's potrayal. Rowling's Snape is way more cold and cruel. I have never thought Snape in the movies was cruel. Just angry and bitter. But despite thatnI was never that fond of book Snape, I never thought he was evil, even after he killed Dumbledore You can see it more in the movies that he's not evil because of his face. I've said it before here, but you can actually see that he has doubts. And also like I said before, his "Adava Kedavra" when killing Dumbledore, his voice is shaking a bit when he says that.
Old 08-02-2011, 07:15 PM
Supreme Fan

I found that reading (and re-reading ) the books helped me with the movies. More info about what's going on and WHY when they can't go into as much detail in the movies due to time. The great thing is that you can read the whole series and picture the cast acting it out .

I was eager to see Snape's death scene, yet nervous. Alan knocked it out of the park .
ODO & KIRA (DS9)

Old 08-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Passionate Fan

So I'm guessing that most people here prefer Snape in the movies rather than in the book? Would that be the popular consensus amongst the Snape fans here and on other forums?

Thanks for your comments, guys. I'll get the first book from the library and read it from the beginning.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:40 AM
Moderator Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanna_o75 (View Post)
I actually don't compare them much at all. And I've read the books. I don't think much about it. The only time I reacted, and not ina bad way, I just reacted, haha, was after Snape killed Dumbledore. In the book Snape is running and Harry is running after him and cast spells. In the movie, they walk. I prefered the movie version. I think I'm one of the few who actually prfer the movies. I guess it's because I can actually see it. I do love the books and I think you should read them and they tell you more what Harry is thinking, but when it comes to me connecting to the characters more and that kind of stuff, I think the movies are better. I wasn't that fond of Sanpe in the books, but I LOVE Alan's potrayal. Rowling's Snape is way more cold and cruel. I have never thought Snape in the movies was cruel. Just angry and bitter. But despite thatnI was never that fond of book Snape, I never thought he was evil, even after he killed Dumbledore You can see it more in the movies that he's not evil because of his face. I've said it before here, but you can actually see that he has doubts. And also like I said before, his "Adava Kedavra" when killing Dumbledore, his voice is shaking a bit when he says that.
That's the thing with movies - it's visual and with books people can imagine so it really varies to most people and that's when the differences takes place. The whole Snape/Dumbledore scene in HBP was upsetting. Reading the book, I don't know what to think of Snape anymore. I did think that there has to be an underlying reason he killed him but I can't think of any. So when I read what it was in DH, I truly cried.

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top