Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 05-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Total Fan

AUSSIE FANS

I'm not a regular viewer, but I saw an ad on TV this morning saying that A Current Affair will have a segment on PoA this week. I had a look at the website but i couldn't find what day it was on - so keep your eyes peeled!
Proud Arrow #190 and Auror #208
Old 05-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Elite Fan

http://www.usatoday.com/life/movies/...vie-book_x.htm

New 'Potter' movie sneaks in spoilers for upcoming books
By Claudia Puig, USA TODAY

It is almost as eerie as one of the plots from her beloved best-selling books.
Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling says that Alfonso Cuaron, who directed The Prisoner of Azkaban, which opens next Friday, inadvertently foreshadowed events that will happen in books six and seven, which she has yet to complete.

The last book published was the fifth book in the series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. The first two movies based on the Potter books were blockbusters.

"I really got goose bumps when I saw a couple of those things, and I thought, people are going to look back on the film and think that those were put in deliberately as clues," Rowling says in an interview released by Warner Bros., which is distributing the movie.

Cuaron, for his part, says "in a way, it was intuition, but everything is so emotionally eloquent, the book gives you all the hints."

Rowling cites Cuaron's "good intuition about what would and wouldn't work" in his film version, which is a less by-the-book take on her novel than the previous two films. It's also shorter.

She particularly was impressed by his vision of the otherworldly prison guards, the dementors.

"They are just as frightening as I imagined, just superb," she says. "One of the biggest themes in the book is Harry's conquering the dementors. And the dementors for me were about depression, and not just sadness. I think Alfonso's really done a great job on that, in showing what that can feel like and the circumstance in which you become vulnerable to that."

Rowling said the process of creating the third book was "the best writing experience I ever had. Of the five books that are published, writing Azkaban was the easiest, and in some ways I think it shows. I was in a very comfortable place when I wrote (number) three: Immediate financial worries were over, and press attention wasn't yet by any means excessive."

Rowling said she was immediately intrigued by the idea of Cuaron directing the third movie. She had "really, really loved (Cuaron's most recent film) Y Tu Mamá También. Alfonso just obviously understands teenage boys, and you know my characters are 13 now. ... This is the book where Harry literally learns how to take care of himself. He finds his father, as it were, and he finds two father substitutes, but the one who actually saves his life is himself."

Rowling says she was drawn by Cuaron's ability to make a film out of classic children's novels. "I'd seen A Little Princess, which I thought was an excellent adaptation, not a very literal adaptation, but very faithful to the emotional truth of the story."

Similarly, she sees the movie as "Alfonso's version of my world. It's his baby. For the very obvious reason that books and films are such different media, to do a very literal adaptation maybe wouldn't serve the material best, and I think he's done exactly what I hoped he would do. He's put a lot of humor in there, and I think it's fantastic. I'd be very, very surprised if most people didn't find their favorite parts of the book in that film."
Old 05-30-2004, 01:15 AM
Extreme Fan

Thanks Gio Gio for that! Really cool to hear JKR's thoughts on the film.

Is it just me...or is anyone else bummed this is going to be the shortest HP film to date?

I know its still gonna be phenomenal...but I hope its not condensed....
Old 05-30-2004, 11:07 AM
Loyal Fan

So the film is gonna be shorter, that kinda sucks, but hopefully it'll be so amazing I won't even notice
Old 05-30-2004, 12:39 PM
Elite Fan

London Premiere

Getty images:

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/so...agesSearchState|0|15|0|1|||0|0|0|0|7|Harry+Potter+3&p=7

Wireimage:

http://www.wireimage.com/GalleryLis...4431&nbc1=1
Old 05-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Elite Fan

LFI

http://lfi.glbx.image-data.com/dynev...?eventid=63966
Old 05-30-2004, 02:33 PM
Master Fan

I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but do we actually know the running time?
Old 05-30-2004, 05:27 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by T O B Y
I'm sure this has been asked a thousand times, but do we actually know the running time?
I think its just slightly over two hours...I heard the time somewhere...but don't recall the exact

The others were the better part of 2 1/2 hours...
Old 05-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Passionate Fan

I read on a website that the movie is 2h21min. Not that shorter than the other really... plus since I heard that this movie is the best yet I don't care about the running time.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:16 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by *Dominique*
I read on a website that the movie is 2h21min. Not that shorter than the other really... plus since I heard that this movie is the best yet I don't care about the running time.
hmm I know I read the time somewhere...and it was shorter than that...but I hope you're right

And I don't mean to sound real complaney, I KNOW this movie is going to be AMAZING...I just want as much AMAZINGNESS as possible
Old 05-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Master Fan

Thanks, guys.
Old 05-31-2004, 03:52 AM
Master Fan

I posted this over at the Aussie Thread, but thought I'd bring it over here since it fits...

It's from an Australian Magazine/Website

Quote:
Coming of age

TV WEEK travelled to the set of Harry Potter And The Prisoner Of Azkaban to catch up with three firm friends – Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint, who play Harry, Hermione and Ron.

In the third film, the characters are now teenagers. Does that mean we’re going to see any romance?
Emma: There is a slight hint of a Hermione-Ron thing happening. But Hermione gets a cat and that causes a few arguments with Ron, which were quite fun to play. But it’s not just about their love-lives. It’s about the fact that the work is increasing and things are getting a bit harder.
Daniel: I think Harry doesn’t seem to be interested in any girls up until this point. But in the third film, of course; he actually has his first encounter with someone who definitely develops into something else in the fourth book, so that’s very interesting.

How much more confident are you as actors in this film?
Emma: In the first and second films you’re kind of introducing the characters and by the end of the second one you’re just getting into the rhythm of it, and then the third one you’ve actually really started to know the characters. So a lot more happens in this one between them. For example, it’s the first time in all three books that Harry, Ron and Hermione have a fight. I suppose it’s those lovely hormones and the fact they’re teenagers!

How have your lives changed since the first Harry Potter movie was released?
Rupert: I think there becomes a kind of assumption that everybody has, which is basically that we can’t step outside our front doors without being recognised, which isn’t the case at all. We really do normal stuff and when we get recognised it’s always people coming up to us saying really positive things, so it doesn’t bother us that much at all.
Emma: I’ve hardly had anything happen to me. I still walk to the post office and go to the cinema and see my friends and stuff. I try to live as normal a life as possible.
Daniel: Same with me. It really doesn’t getin the way at all.

What are you spending your money on?
Daniel: Obviously we can’t get to the money until we’re quite a bit older, but I’ve bought a couple of things. I treated myself to a set of golf clubs because I started playing golf and we’re making a golf course on the set. We have one hole here so I can practise when we’re not filming, which is great.
Emma: Same answer I’ve been giving since the first movie – it’s stuck in a bank until I’m 25. Sorry!
Rupert: I started learning bass guitar last January and I’ve bought a really great bass guitar, so that’s it.

What’s the best reaction you’ve ever had from a fan?
Daniel: There was one event in my life I consider to be one of the greatest and that was doing MTV in New York. They have all the windows that are looking on to the street, and I looked out and there was this woman down there who was probably about 21 and she was standing there wearing a Harry Potter towel and nothing else except a huge sign that said “Nothing comes between me and Harry Potter!” That was a great moment, I have to say!

Did you know?
This time around the film has a new director, Mexican Alfonso Cuarón. Alfonso says he was excited about making the third instalment, describing it as “the puberty movie of the series”.
Other famous names rumoured to have been asked to direct are Steven Spielberg and Kenneth Branagh.
According to rumour, Ewan McGregor was considered for the part of Professor Lupin.
British actress Emma Thompson says she agreed to play Professor Trelawney to impress her four-year-old daughter, Gaia.
Filming was postponed when vandals destroyed part of the train used as the Hogwarts Express.
Source - TV Week

Enjoy
Old 05-31-2004, 07:10 AM
Ultimate Fan

Hi!

Here is the news comes from our post office in Taiwan, the will publish the cinema stamps of Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban on June 4th, there're not much information right now, but I will keep posting the latest news.

Here is the first pic

* Will/Deanna (Imzadi) ** Mark/Elizabeth ** House/Cuddy*

beautiful Lisa E icon made by Angie, thank you, sweetie!
Old 05-31-2004, 09:28 AM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by T O B Y
According to imdb.com it runs 136 minutes. (2hrs 16 mins for those who have a hard time counting )

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!

Last edited by Caradeangel; 05-31-2004 at 09:34 AM
Old 05-31-2004, 09:47 AM
Addicted Fan

OMG OMG... according to IMDB.com they casted Mad-Eye Moody!!!

He's going to be played by Brendan Gleeson .

I'm so excited I'm not even sure if this was posted before. I usually check the cast list regularly to see if anyone else has been signed on. But this time it's been about 10 days since I last checked the IMDB cast list and suddenly we have a Mad-Eye Moody!!! - So sorry if this has been posted before.

This is a picture of him from the movie Cold Mountain. It's exactly what I imagined Moody to look like. The only thing missing is the Mad Eye.

Also, punctuation marks don't live in packs!

If you made that icon let me know. I'd be happy to credit you!
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top