Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Reply   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2005, 11:15 AM
Master Fan

I'm so happy that Ginny is seated next to Hermione, because it'll most likely mean more screentime for her.
Old 09-23-2005, 04:40 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
I love Ginny and Bonnie is my favourite female HP actress.
Hands down, Ginny is my favorite character of the series and I adore Bonnie. We have been deprived of seeing Bonnie on the screen for three movies and counting but from what little we saw of her as Ginny in the chamber scene in CoS, she blew me away. I am so excited to see Bonnie on the screen more as the movies move along. The thought of seeing her in OotP and HBP as the "real Ginny" is all about exciting! Dan and Bonnie will be so adorable to watch as they go with the fiesty banter and the developing feelings between their characters. I can't wait!

Amy, an interview with Katie and Bonnie would be hilarious.
jediwands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2005, 09:52 PM
Addicted Fan

What's your favorite Ginny scene in all the books?
Old 09-24-2005, 11:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

That is a wonderful question, Hannah. One that I will have to think about and come back to answer. Great question!
Old 09-25-2005, 06:55 AM
Fan Forum Star

It's such a good but difficult question to answer because there's so many to choose from.

If I had to choose only one scene that best describes Ginny's amazing character it would be the chocolate in the library scene. Of all the scenes in all the books it shows the widest range of Ginny as a real person.

Someone who shows empathy and compassion and who's always willing to listen without letting any personal bias take over. Harry obviously must have sensed this aswell because he immediately opened up to her about his problem with Sirius. Another thing that is great about this scene is her encouraging nature that inspires and comforts Harry when he has doubts. And as any good friend, her simple advice isn't pushy or demanding. She lets him see for himself that he can accomplish the seemingly impossible. He's done it before and he just needed reminding of it. This scene is so revealing of the real Ginny. She's finally feeling comfortable enough around Harry to communicate with him on a sincere and friendly basis that she just shines here.

Plus the added elements that she produces chocolate (always a welcomed gift) and she's described as looking very windswept which in my opinion sounds very sexy. I mean I picture someone who doesn't care about her vanity and appearance but because of that she has this natural beauty and charm that's intoxicating and radiant.

Ginny is described later in HBP as very pretty but she's never been one to fuss over any of that girly stuff. She's a tomboy at heart and I'd like to think it's the reclaiming her confidence that makes her so attractive to others and not just her looks.
Old 09-25-2005, 10:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Wow, Amy, that was a beautiful post. What a great read. I have to just say, WORD. Incredible post.
Old 09-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by baileycat
If I had to choose only one scene that best describes Ginny's amazing character it would be the chocolate in the library scene. Of all the scenes in all the books it shows the widest range of Ginny as a real person.
That's a great choice. You're exactly right, we do get to see many different aspects of Ginny in that scene. I especially love your way of describing her beauty. While we know she's very pretty it's never been show that she is vain or conceited about it. She's definetly a tomboy, probably the result of growing up around so many brothers.

I can't decide what my favorite Ginny scene is. I'm going to have to think about this a little longer.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:11 AM
Fan Forum Star

The latest Pottercast is up at TLC now with part 2 of their interview with Matt Lewis. In it, he describes the yule ball and how Neville really took to the dancing in this film. Neville sort of labeled the geeky kluts of the bunch and that all he really had going from him was herbology. Now he's found another passion with dancing. Matt also said that he enjoyed dancing with Bonnie and that she picked up the steps alot quicker than he did but that she was a great partner. Awe. I think this scene is going to be very enjoyable.
Old 09-28-2005, 04:26 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Moderator of ...
Everwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveALittleFaith
I can't decide what my favorite Ginny scene is. I'm going to have to think about this a little longer.
Right with you. I seriously have been thinking about my fav. Ginny scene from every book and I cannot narrow it down to only one in each book. I'll get there, I'm determined to get there.

Regarding Ginny's physical beauty.. The fact that she could care less about it makes her even more beautiful if you ask me. I imagine her with this natural, penetrating beauty that "just is" and to Ginny, she could care less about it. One of many reasons why I love her so much.

I am very attracted to Ginny's tomboyish ways. That's me to a tee. I've played sports my entire life, soccer and basketball quite competitively, as well as softball, downhill and water skiing, even hockey. So, I totally relate to Ginny's competitiveness on the Quidditch field.

I just love everything about the character of Ginny. She is so layered and full of depth.

Amy, thanks so much for the info on the dance scene. It sounds fabulous. I can't wait to see it!
Old 09-28-2005, 05:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Can I be added to the list?
Old 10-11-2005, 06:04 AM
Master Fan

Page who knows what anyway bringing this back up because I am so incredibly excited to see Bonnie in GOF, I hope they have the bit where Ginny falls asleep in the tent at the World Cup; that made me laugh.
-Louise- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Thanks for reviving the thread, Louise.

I hope we see Bonnie a lot in GoF too. And then even more in OotP.