Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 12-30-2010, 10:16 PM
Loyal Fan

That too.

Although, I kind of wonder if she'd be willing to do that kind of role right now anyway, even if she could land it. On the one hand, it's the anti-Ginny and you pretty much know it's gonna be well done and they're not gonna screw around. On the other hand, it would be putting her right back in another huge franchise with a role that people would (once again) have very specific expectations about...granted, it's unlikely that Chris Nolan would take Poison Ivy in a ridiculous direction from canon, unlike other people who shall remain nameless. So, maybe it wouldn't be a problem. And she would kind of know ahead of time what she was getting herself into script-wise and maybe what Nolan's thinking it should be.

It definitely seems like there'd be some possible pluses and minuses in there for her depending on how she feels about stuff.

But, selfishly, it would make be unbelievably happy to see her do one of those Dark Knight villain roles.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:20 PM
Elite Fan

No I can't see Bonnie going for another big franchise role, though I would love for her to be a villain in his batman film.

Really I would like her to do a film with him outside the batman franchise, I don't know if Nolan does Independent films still but that would be something for Bonnie to go for.
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 PM
Addicted Fan

Nolan is tied up until 2013 I think for the Batman movie, and the he'll be producing the Superman reboot for Warner Brothers after that.

So any Memento/Prestige/Inception film would have to wait until around 2014 or even later.

Personally, I'd love for Bonnie to concentrate on the European film industry first. They have more character-driven movies anyway. Hollywood would give her that, but it's always fame/celebrity first in Hollywood rather than it being a film per se.

Even made for TV movies for BBC would be a great step for Bonnie -- something Romola Garai has done in the last year or so since Hollywood roles have been given to Kiera and Carey.

The good thing for Bonnie is that unlike Dan, Rupert and Emma, she hasn't been as identified as only Ginny Weasley. Her screentime is so scarce that she still has the ability to surprise producers, casting directors/agents and studio execs when she does audition -- which is probably why she got signed at UTA.
"They say nothing lasts forever; will you be my 'nothing'?"
Old 12-30-2010, 10:32 PM
Loyal Fan

The question is, when she's talked about doing independent films, if she meant she is just completely turned off from big films or if she just meant she wanted her next role to be an indy film but was open to returning to big films later...although, maybe she doesn't know yet since she hasn't done a serious feature-length indy film yet and her only experience with franchise films has been Harry Potter and it doesn't sound like that's a typical situation...she wouldn't normally be signing away a decade of her life for a role that she's partially blind about the fate of to work with directors to be named later. It seems like, were she to do other franchise films, she might be likely to have a little more control over her own destiny than she did with Potter.

I agree on her advantage over the trio. It should be pretty easy for her to disassociate herself from Ginny after next year. I still think she and Tom have the best setup of the young HP actors. She got just enough face time to be sort of recognizable and familiar but not so much that it's going to be hard to forget (as you're watching another film) that she was Ginny. I mean heck, we barely even knew what her voice sounded like before HBP came out.

You would think school and geography would kind of dictate for awhile what all she can do. Doesn't she have another year and a half to go? It seems like that would keep her from doing anything too large scale in the US for awhile just yet just because her school is in London...unless her school has some sort of program that lets her finish up from over here somehow.

Last edited by mrcase; 12-30-2010 at 10:41 PM
Old 12-30-2010, 10:40 PM
Addicted Fan

Movies which can be potential franchise, actors' contracts always have clauses in it. It usually states that if the movie is successful they're contractually obligated to continue with the next movies -- this is the same reason why Johnny Depp needs to make the fourth and fifth Pirates movie; when he renewed his contract for the third movie, there was a clause (at the time rumored) that if the third movie will make money he'd be doing two more Pirates film.

That maybe the thing Bonnie (or any of the HP kids) are trying to avoid. We're seen this with (sans Harrison Ford) with most actors coming from huge, successful franchises: they always opt to stay away from another franchise because they know the repercussions of starring in one.

The fact that she's signed to a US talent agency means that she does want to make big-budget movies but it might not necessarily be a franchise one.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Loyal Fan

Touche.

That and I guess she is kind of personally attached to someone who may or may not be doomed to be attached to the...ahem....cinematic event that is to be Breaking Dawn. Although, not in as humiliating and demoralizing a way as Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner are slated to be.
Extreme Fan

I think her main goal is just to get a part with a really good character. All of her recent statements have suggested that finding that really good role is what she wants right now. It doesn't seem to matter if its indy or big budget.
Loyal Fan

True. Which is music to my ears.
Old 12-30-2010, 10:50 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Personally, I'd love for Bonnie to concentrate on the European film industry first. They have more character-driven movies anyway. Hollywood would give her that, but it's always fame/celebrity first in Hollywood rather than it being a film per se.

Even made for TV movies for BBC would be a great step for Bonnie -- something Romola Garai has done in the last year or so since Hollywood roles have been given to Kiera and Carey.
This works for me. It'll give her experience of having other roles and build up her resume and break her away from HP. Plus she does seem interested in these kind of films.

Quote:
The good thing for Bonnie is that unlike Dan, Rupert and Emma, she hasn't been as identified as only Ginny Weasley. Her screentime is so scarce that she still has the ability to surprise producers, casting directors/agents and studio execs when she does audition -- which is probably why she got signed at UTA.
Might be a good thing her role has been small and not as identified as only Ginny.

Quote:
The fact that she's signed to a US talent agency means that she does want to make big-budget movies but it might not necessarily be a franchise one.
Good point. Still very curious what her next move is now that they finished the epilogue reshoot, so she's officially done with HP period except to promote later on in the summer of course.
“I’ve lived on borrowed time. More than any man deserves. I’ve seen wonders beyond my wildest imaginings. Through these centuries, against the impossibility that we’d find each other, we did. And I am most grateful for it."
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 12-30-2010, 10:55 PM
CHH
Extreme Fan

I doubt she'd turn down a juicy character driven role just because it's in a big budget movie. It's not the money she's concerned with but the quality of the role. I can't see her signing on for the Megan Fox in Transformer roles and I doubt she needs to from a financial perspective. I think what HP has given her is the freedom to be able to turn down roles. A lot of actreses would love to be in that position.

Quote:
Bonnie and Romola could play sisters. At certain angles they look a lot alike.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:13 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, and I kinda think that's where Ginny giveth and she taketh away. Ginny gave Bonnie some face time on a very large stage, without ever causing Bonnie to be overexposed. But, Ginny also never gave Bonnie the opportunity to showcase her abilities as an actress, and then to just really add to the fun, movie Ginny wasn't canon which confuses things.

So, her looking for a solid role is definitely what I was hoping to see her do. I personally kinda think her taking a Megan Fox Transformers 15 role could be kinda catastrophic for her especially since we haven't seen her in a strong role yet and she was a little shaky in HBP. So, seeing her go for a role right now that's almost guaranteed to be pretty terrible would probably not be so good. Cause I know, personally, I'm still trying to figure out what I think about Bonnie as an actress, if I'm completely honest. And I'm pretty sure I'm not alone on that.

So, definitely glad to see her aiming for quality.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:16 PM
Addicted Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHH (View Post)
I doubt she'd turn down a juicy character driven role just because it's in a big budget movie. It's not the money she's concerned with but the quality of the role. I can't see her signing on for the Megan Fox in Transformer roles and I doubt she needs to from a financial perspective. I think what HP has given her is the freedom to be able to turn down roles. A lot of actreses would love to be in that position.
I'm thinking this too, plus given that her parents' business Bonnie's not in the position to "take a role cause it will pay the bill". She did say that she has enough money to fund her through university. Well, if you think about it, one pair of her shoes might be an entire semester's tuition fee :p

If I remember correctly, once you've been signed to an agency, your agent will sit down with you and tell you what scripts they've (the agency) been sent and ask the artist if she/he is interested in auditioning for any of those parts, or roles UTA/her agent feel Bonnie might be fit to audition for.

I'm hoping Bonnie and her UTA agent sat down for such a conversation so her agent will get a much clearer idea of the roles Bonnie is interested to audition for. Given that it seems Bonnie will still live in London and not LA, her agent knowing what roles she's interested to audition for will save the agency, Bonnie and her agent a lot of money.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:25 PM
Elite Fan

^ I would think so...she was in LA for a few days back in September, not sure if that was the audition for UTA or she got signed on but meeting to work out those details. I know she mentioned in the past if she can work in a role between school breaks she would do that so yeah, curious to see what's next now.
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Old 12-30-2010, 11:31 PM
Loyal Fan

Well, I guess the other question I kinda wonder about is...well..things like Twilight. Wasn't the Volturi stuff shot in Europe somewhere? So, did Jamie work that out through a European talent agent or an American one? Like, is it possible that she has the American agent to work on parts of American films that are shot in Europe?

Or like, James Bond movies. Isn't that owned by MGM right now? So, would you arrange a role in something like that with an American agent or a European one?

Or is that dumb?

Last edited by mrcase; 12-30-2010 at 11:41 PM
Old 12-30-2010, 11:39 PM
Elite Fan

Not sure what agency Jamie is with. I know his scene for BD are being filmed in Louisiana and for NM that was filmed (for Jamie) in Canada.

US agency I believe opens for more roles both in the US and Europe...US for sure of course.
Ichabod ♥ Abbie
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top