Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
Master Fan

I didn't know you PMed me! it says i have 0 unread messages! oh how it lies!!!

*goes to check messages*
If you're sitting down, get on your feet. Let's wake up those who are asleep. March on, left to right to left again, our feet in sync to this rhythym, conducted by the hand of the saving One. Report, fall in line, big mission with little time. Salute, stand tall, with one voice answer the call. ... Hear us say 'Jesus.'
Old 01-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Grint (View Post)

Well like you said, I think it comes down to how the books were already written and who was cast. It's too late to go back to a certain point when fanbases have been built and such. Look at how much Kloves and Yates have been bashed just because they added the dancing scene even though they have added several non book cOBHWF moments. The box office results would be dire if they pulled a TB I am guessing. TB managed to pull it off because they pretty much did it from the start which is the biggest difference..it's too late to replace Bonnie and Dan. Loads of people like them individually and together as HG. Replacing Bonnie for the last two would be pointless and since Dan is the main character I don't think they'd even consider that.
Well see, that's my point--you can't replace Bonnie and Dan. So wouldn't it have been great if the producers had the ability to say, "Well, since we didn't see that one coming, lets work with the resources we have and change things around, so that H/Hr get together since Dan and Emma have the chemistry!"

And of course there are Sookie Stackhouse fans who hate True Blood...but there are also loads of fans with which the opposite is true, like me, and loads of fans who have only watched the TV show and haven't read the books--this last one is DOUBLY so with HP. There are so many HP/True Blood fans with no attention span who can't get through 7 books (in the case of Sookie's books, 10) and so are only fans of the screren adaptations.

And for those of us who do both read the books and watch their Hollywood versions, I'd the difference would be interesting. It'd open up the debate much like one is roaring in the TB/SS world...which is better? Obiously the author invented the word, but that doesn't always make the author the better story teller. I've read TONS of fan fictions I thought far surpasses the last two HP books in terms of ethical questions and general maturity.

In the film industry this phenomenon is multiplied--I have read hundereds of scripts where I was bored out of my mind thinking "this is never going to work," but of course the writers give their story to the directors and producers who make it come to life. I've sat through films, quite shocked, at how a little change here and some editing there completely transformed a humdrum script into fabulosity!

Alan got lucky--he got the SS novels, which were already good, and turned them into something amazing.

The only director that I felt did that with HP was Alfonoso Cuaron, and everyone hates him because he's taken the most liberty with the plot out of all of them (and he didn't even take much IMO), yet from a film making POV, his is the most rock solid adaptation. Ask any film critic which one is the most complete film in the series, and undoubtedly they'll all vouche for PoA.
Old 01-04-2010, 07:07 PM
Absolute Fan

POA is one of my fave HP movies ever...HHR overload

In real life the couple that would make the most sense and will likely last a long time is HHR. And also, teenage romances rarely end up in marriage....it would have been better if the epilogue didn't happen IMO. It's not realistic that 2 of the Weasleys ended up marrying their childhood sweethearts.

I would love it if HHR happened in the last movie but that won't happen.... Imagine what the fans will do to Kloves if that happens...threats will come his way for sure ahaha

Old 01-04-2010, 07:49 PM
Master Fan

I hope people hate Cuaron because of the plot changes and stuff..I liked PoA but he did change around a lot..it was like WOAH. But no, I think all the directors save Columbus have made a lot of shipper/character/plot mistakes..however I think shipper is the only one taken seriously these days which is quite sad..hence why Yates doesn't seem to get as much hate as Cuaron or Kloves. I mean, most complaints about PoA involve dislike against the several Harmony scenes but no one seems to remember how he never properly explained the Mauraders I think it just comes down to spite. Towards the end of the book PoA, Harmony DID have a lot of scenes together that included a lot time spent together. But somehow that is worse than other stuff left out..

I think it just comes down to how much the plot is changed and how the shipping may affect it too. As I have stated, shipping seems to have become more important. But it also comes down to the actors and chemistry. Dan and Emma have it, but Dan and Bonnie can't be replaced for it either.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Master Fan

@Circe: Wow..I am speechless about yours beautiful and insightive comment, I don't know what else to said but "Brilliant"

I wanted to add I don't know if the filmmaker will change to have hhr as ending for the final movie, but I am sure that we have the entire movie full of Hhr beautiful moment that will make the audience feel like these two are meant to be forever.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Fan Forum Star

BOOK VIEW CAFE BLOG A Padawan’s Journal, Entry #33: When Characters Fall in Love

Interesting article I came across about how sometimes literary characters can take their own path, despite the pre-established plans of the author, which is what I feel happened with the HP series.

Quote:
I can tell you that all stories do not leap fully-formed from the brow of the writer with all plot lines and relationships intact. Sure, sometimes you begin a book with the idea that Girl A and Boy B are going to form a bond at some point in the story, but it’s ultimately the characters that have to decide that sort of thing.
AMEN.
Old 01-05-2010, 05:14 AM
Master Fan

@Circe: From what I saw from the Teaser of D.H from my Blu-Ray of HBP and some of new imagine of Hhr 'dancing, graveyard etc' ...I would said "ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN' beside it is movie and NOT the book. The Filmmaker can change it and make their own...because the amazing chermistry of D/E and Hhr will PWNS THE MOVIE AND BEYOND..

You are genius..
Old 01-05-2010, 10:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

If they would pull of a HH ending,I'll go to the States to celebrate
Old 01-05-2010, 12:48 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ale-la-pazza1 (View Post)
If they would pull of a HH ending,I'll go to the States to celebrate
Why do you have to go to states? you can celebrate EVERYWHERE..
Old 01-05-2010, 05:03 PM
Master Fan

Maybe it's cuz most of us live in the States? Idk, I wouldn't mind going to Italy to celebrate Ale!

Ale--BTW, how is going with the Lost stuff? Is it starting to get tense again as Feb 2 looms closer and closer?

I wish I could type more but today has been a bad day. However, I have started watching Glee and can only think of this to relate to our current talk in a way: if you really believe in yourself, you don't have to bring others down. It's true we didn't get our ship in the end but hey..JKR gave us a great premise for it and a lot of people can see that Harmony would have been great. I don't think JKR realized how big of a fanbase Harmony had until it was too late but she did admit it in that interview. I don't think she was throwing us a bone I think she was only admitting she could have taken her series in so many different directions. And even though she got bashed for it, atleast she made it clear we are in the right to ship something other than OBHWF. It's the same with Yates and Kloves. They want to try and appeal to all their fans. Kloves may be known as an Auror but it's weird that people ignore how much OBHWF stuff he has been behind including stuff that wasn't even in the book. JKR, Yates and Kloves know how to keep it professional. Sure, we wish JKR had written it differently or that the other two haven't messed so much up but no one can deny they have all kept it clean. None of them have this attitude of putting only part of their fanbase first and forgetting everyone else which I am VERY thankful for. I know online canon shippers have tried to make it seem like that by twisting quotes out of context but in the end, I think Jo, Yates and Kloves try and put all their fans first. We can't all be happy when it comes to shipping but atleast they don't look at us as delusional or anything..like I said, they keep it professional and clean.

Last edited by Bella Grint; 01-05-2010 at 05:09 PM
Old 01-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Master Fan

look at this funny and beautful Hhr Magazine Cover..

Witch Weekly December 2010 - The Harmonian Site

Old 01-06-2010, 02:51 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella Grint (View Post)
Maybe it's cuz most of us live in the States? Idk, I wouldn't mind going to Italy to celebrate Ale!

Ale--BTW, how is going with the Lost stuff? Is it starting to get tense again as Feb 2 looms closer and closer?

I wish I could type more but today has been a bad day. However, I have started watching Glee and can only think of this to relate to our current talk in a way: if you really believe in yourself, you don't have to bring others down. It's true we didn't get our ship in the end but hey..JKR gave us a great premise for it and a lot of people can see that Harmony would have been great. I don't think JKR realized how big of a fanbase Harmony had until it was too late but she did admit it in that interview. I don't think she was throwing us a bone I think she was only admitting she could have taken her series in so many different directions. And even though she got bashed for it, atleast she made it clear we are in the right to ship something other than OBHWF. It's the same with Yates and Kloves. They want to try and appeal to all their fans. Kloves may be known as an Auror but it's weird that people ignore how much OBHWF stuff he has been behind including stuff that wasn't even in the book. JKR, Yates and Kloves know how to keep it professional. Sure, we wish JKR had written it differently or that the other two haven't messed so much up but no one can deny they have all kept it clean. None of them have this attitude of putting only part of their fanbase first and forgetting everyone else which I am VERY thankful for. I know online canon shippers have tried to make it seem like that by twisting quotes out of context but in the end, I think Jo, Yates and Kloves try and put all their fans first. We can't all be happy when it comes to shipping but atleast they don't look at us as delusional or anything..like I said, they keep it professional and clean.
Yes,come to celebrate here!

Things are ok,for now. We'll see how they'll turn out when Lost starts

I agree. JKR should have recognized us sooner,maybe we would have a different ending.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:54 AM
Absolute Fan

Any news?

I hope the triangle in Lost will be resolved as early as first episode. I am just so tired of it all. Also, can't wait for Claire's return. I've missed her so much last season

It amuses me when people complain about HHR getting scenes that are not canon like it's a huge deal and then you see them ask for scenes that are not canon on some of the ships in other fandoms. I'll never understand this thinking

Teaser Trailer for 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Arrives

Last edited by dark_red; 01-06-2010 at 12:36 PM
Old 01-06-2010, 01:20 PM
Master Fan

WE GOT THE TRAILER????

I don't think I'll ever understand thinking. Aurors are looked down on so much for how we ship basically but I'm sure we have a lot of ships in common with other shippers including ships we hate..so this line of thinking that we don't know how to read or be the right fan or interpret things makes no sense either

I doubt the triangle will be resolved that early and I doubt Kate will be the one to die either I want Claire back too though!
Old 01-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_red (View Post)

Any news?

I hope the triangle in Lost will be resolved as early as first episode. I am just so tired of it all. Also, can't wait for Claire's return. I've missed her so much last season

It amuses me when people complain about HHR getting scenes that are not canon like it's a huge deal and then you see them ask for scenes that are not canon on some of the ships in other fandoms. I'll never understand this thinking

Teaser Trailer for 'Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows' Arrives
I know what you mean, I don't really tried to understand what other ship thinking to think to put some non-canon in movie it is just to painful to read so I don't tried. Get it?

thanks for the teaser of D.H..(more of teaser of beautiful H/hr scene in D.H)
Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top