Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Closed Thread   Post New Thread

Forum Affiliates Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2004, 03:18 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Orber123:
<STRONG>Sade-- [img]smilies/rotfl.gif[/img] Can I just keep you in a box in my dorm room? A magical box, of course. Because I need someone like you around, you always put a smile on my face. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
</STRONG>
[img]smilies/hug.gif[/img] I'm glad that I can put a smile to your face Jill [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

*attaches springs to her feet and gets into a box*
voila! sade-in-a-box! [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]

*sends SIAB to Jill*
[i]Warning: Some settling in the brain may occur during shipment, May be more scatter-brained than usual. May also giggle incessantly. Sometimes bite.[i]

Shannon - the other Aurors could just ask Jill to send them SIAB whenever they need it [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

Oh, and about wanting to shag Dan... well, as a proud rabid member of the DFC, I think there's nothing wrong with it... he's asking for it, you know [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]

I mean, c'mon, what does he expect us to think/feel after seeing him in a come hither pose?!

You know, it's all a big conspiracy between Dan, WB, the photographers, the advertisers, the various merchandisers and hypnotists.

Each picture is carefully chosen and embedded with a secret message to entice us!

I have talked to some experts about this and by careful analysis, we have found that this is the subliminal message that they are sending:

[img]smilies/mad.gif[/img] We never had a fighting chance [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

*closes her eyes and fights the urge to drool*
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 02-19-2004, 03:45 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:

New 'Prisoner' trailer may play in theaters
Posted by GRAE
Source: The Movie Box

According to The Movie Box, the new trailer for Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban may be playing in theaters this weekend.

NEW AZKABAN TRAILER FOOTAGE

Footage from a new trailer that might be attached to Starsky and Hutch prints which will have Sneak Preview on Saturday.

Maybe, they'll have more footage... : [img]smilies/rolleyes.gif[/img]: probably not... [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]
Genesis 37:20

Harry:Maybe I am
Hermione: Of course you're not.

Shannon:So what if I am?
Old 02-19-2004, 03:55 PM
Passionate Fan

As a fellow member of the DFC I totally agree with you, Sade.

*draws up plans for yet another scheme to kidnap Dan*

So what's the count now? 105 more days?

*ponders*

You know I really don't see how there are more Sidekick moments in GoF. I'm not being biased about it either. Truth be told for every Sidekicker moment in GoF there are about two Auror ones.

I don't think Hermione was being to harsh to Ron. I mean, think about all the times he put her down. I think she's just sick of putting up with his crap that's all. But it's not like she was completely mean to him either. She did kiss him on the cheek to wish him good luck after all- right?

Has anyone else noticed that the Sidekickers have stopped posting in this thread since those pictures have come out?
Team Britney
Old 02-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by haylz80:
<STRONG>I just don't see why so much of our thread has to be about their reaction to some pictures, the ASCOP thread exists for people who want to co-exist in harmony. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]

So I think we should be able to run free an wild through this thread all we want, with our lurve for H/Hr.

Who cares what others think? I don't know what anyone else's feeling towards the pictures are because I don't go visiting. [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img]</STRONG>
I totally agree with you. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] That's why I never go to that thread. I read some H/Hr bashing messages in the past and obviously was left all mad and hurt. [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img] So, who cares what others think? [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

About the shippy moments, I do think there are definitely more H/Hr moments in general, but the R/Hr "moments" are more obvious. And my opinion on the R/Hr relationship is that of course they love each other, they're friends. Otherwise, they wouldn't be. But their personalities crash a lot, and that fact, in my opinion, is not a good basis for a romantic relationship to success. And both of them are sometimes harsh to each other.

You know what? I don't really want to talk about R/Hr, I'm not interested. I better talk about H/Hr. That's why I'm an Auror. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Elite Fan

i suppose there is more harry and hermione moments than ron and hermione moments. a lot of people seem to think though that gof is like book that shows that ron likes hermione or something. whatever.

sade- good plan...i'll let jill know when i need a pick me up.

starsky and hutch is coming out this friday? i didn't know that but the new trailer will be online anyway.
'
Old 02-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Fan Forum Star

Oh, im going to see a movie this weekend, i might br lucky and see the PoA trailer, if there is one!

I personally think GoF is a pretty Aurorish book. I mean, look at all the reasons we have under GoF in the first post!

I try not to venture in to the anti threads of any ship i support, mainly cuz when i see all the wrong and untrue things people are saying, im likely to lose control of my fingers and go nuts!

We should all just stick to our own threads, save a whole lotta trouble!
Old 02-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Loyal Fan

[img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

In defense of the Sidekicks, I find their reaction to the pictures quite normal, actually.

I mean, I would've been upset too, or put a different spin on things had I seen a R/Hr picture. [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] It's a normal reaction to be defensive of your beliefs. I know that you'd all agree with me on that.

As people, we naturally have different beliefs and perception of thing. Not everybody's mind work the same way. It is normal to disagree on other people's beliefs and choices, but the important thing is to respect them.

Now, about visiting the Sidekick thread...

I don't think there's anything wrong with visiting their thread, as long as you go there with an open mind and try to see things from their perspective. I go there (as Jill saw) and join in on their conversations, share a few jokes, give help when it is needed BUT never to spy [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I'd like to believe that I have made friends with quite a few of them, actually [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] They may say a few things that I don't agree on, but I just take it with a grain of salt. I would often think, "If that had happened to me, would I have felt the same way?" and if the answer is yes, I'll just laugh it off [img]smilies/lol.gif[/img] I have never said anything offensive to them or rained on their parade whenever they have a R/Hr moment to celebrate. I am in "their turf" after all. The only time that I somehow reacted was when I felt that the attacks/insults were directed to "Aurors" and not to the H/Hr ship anymore. We have to remember to keep the "shipper" out of our dislike of the 'ship. The "shipper" is a person with feelings.

(To answer your question Interceptr350, that was probably the reason why a lot of Sidekicks suddenly visited here. If you remember my somewhat unSade-like post about respecting people's beliefs and separating the shipper from the ship a while back, that was when that happened. I made a plea at their thread to stop the Auror bashing and said that we don't do that here, and invited them over.)

My point is (and I do have one, sorry how longwinded this got), we should be careful what we say about the shippers. Rebute their points, compare H/Hr to R/Hr all you want, but keep the shipper out of it. Please, don't say offensive things about them, and let's keep the peace.

It's all about respect. And treating others the way you want to be treated.

Let's celebrate all the H/Hr goodness all we want. Be loud as we can get. But let's not poke fun at the other camp, ok? Let's just be contented with the fact that we have something to celebrate about, no need to gloat [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img] I pride myself in the belief that we are able to do that... please, don't prove me wrong [img]smilies/frown.gif[/img]

I like the atmosphere here in FF, I love the fact that H/Hr shippers get along with R/Hr shippers. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img] Let's not do anything to ruin that. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Thank you.

I will step down from the soap box now... sorry about the somewhat rant.
And somewhere... a man reunites w/ his bestfriend.

The Dog Star would forever shine in the night sky... and you will always be in our hearts.
Rest in peace, Messr. Padfoot. Have a safe journey home.

~ Sadé
Old 02-19-2004, 08:04 PM
Part-Time Fan

Sade I'm personally on your side. Everything you said is true becuase my older sister she is open to the possability of Ron/Hermione, Draco/Hermione, Harry/Ginny, and last but not least Harry/Hermione. She says that Hermione is just a beautiful girl that she makes a nice couple with all the guys. She says that we all have to have an open mind. I agree with her but I can't help and Ship H/Hr because well because I believe both the actors and characters have chemistry. So Go Ahead Sade [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]
Old 02-19-2004, 09:00 PM
Passionate Fan

Sade--First off: yay! I'll be waiting by my mailbox now. [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] And secondly, I totally agree with everything you've stated. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

No new news...soooooo tired....If that last pic were poster-sized, it'd totally be over my bed.... [img]smilies/sigh.gif[/img]

[Harry/Hermione] [Yuki/Tohru] [Ranma/Akane] [Ron/Luna] [Riza/Roy] [Max/Liz] [Miaka/Tamahome]
Old 02-19-2004, 09:12 PM
Master Fan

ITA with your entire post, Sade. Let's just keep the harmony the way it is and respect other's opinions.

These are the most peaceful boards I've seen. That's why I love them. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-19-2004, 09:27 PM
Part-Time Fan

Guys I have found..well I have had since last year but they are beautiful qoutes for our couple. For example: Imagine

Hermione saying to Harry: "Should I smile because we are friends or cry because that is all we will ever be.

or

Somone wise telling both Harry and Hermione that "Love comes from blindness, friendship from knowledge."

Someone should both tell them that "the trouble is if they don't risk anything, they risk even more." So that should open their eyes.

Also...this represents the whole Cho/Harry/Hermione&gt;&gt;"Immature love says (Cho):"I love you because I need you."
Mature Love Says (Hermione): "I need you because I love you."

What you guys think.
Old 02-19-2004, 09:29 PM
Loyal Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharon86:
<STRONG>ITA with your entire post, Sade. Let's just keep the harmony the way it is and respect other's opinions.

These are the most peaceful boards I've seen. That's why I love them. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]</STRONG>
Ditto, Sharon86! I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] how sometimes the sidekickers come over here and talk. But it's not to troll us, but to *talk* with us... I [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] the peace here @ FF!

Sade [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] your post!

Old 02-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Loyal Fan

This MIGHT be the first review of POA... I read it... It's spoilerish, as for major spoilerish, I don't know... At the same time, we don't know for sure if it's accurate... Here's thelink if anyone wants to read it...

Old 02-19-2004, 10:02 PM
Part-Time Fan

Little Tiger....THANK YOU SO MUCH.....THAT WAS JUST AWSOME....GOSH CAN'T WAIT...I WISH I CAN BECOME A COMPUTER GRAPHIC DESIGENER AND DIRECTOR FASTER. That way I can do all the movie magic...gosh..HP3 HP3 HP3 HP3 HP3...
Old 02-19-2004, 10:03 PM
Master Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nadhip:
<STRONG>Guys I have found..well I have had since last year but they are beautiful qoutes for our couple. For example: Imagine

Hermione saying to Harry: "Should I smile because we are friends or cry because that is all we will ever be.

or

Somone wise telling both Harry and Hermione that "Love comes from blindness, friendship from knowledge."

Someone should both tell them that "the trouble is if they don't risk anything, they risk even more." So that should open their eyes.

Also...this represents the whole Cho/Harry/Hermione&gt;&gt;"Immature love says (Cho):"I love you because I need you."
Mature Love Says (Hermione): "I need you because I love you."

What you guys think.</STRONG>
Awwwwwww, it sounds so sweet! [img]smilies/in_love.gif[/img] And makes sense. [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Quote:
Originally posted by Little Tiger:
<STRONG>This MIGHT be the first review of POA... I read it... It's spoilerish, as for major spoilerish, I don't know... At the same time, we don't know for sure if it's accurate... Here's thelink if anyone wants to read it...</STRONG>
So soon? [img]smilies/eek.gif[/img] I'm gonna check it out, cautiously.

ETA: I just decided I better not read this. Although I'm dying to! But it seems too much spoilerish. I began eyeing it and suddenly a voice in my head was saying: "Hold on! Don't read it!" But that stupid voice doesn't get that the anticipation is torturing me! [img]smilies/mad.gif[/img]

[ 02-19-2004: Message edited Sharon86 ]

Fan Forum  |  Contact Us  |  Fan Forum on Twitter  |  Fan Forum on Facebook  |  Archive  |  Top