Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2010, 12:24 AM
Supreme Fan

I hope at least some of you like musical theatre! I found this vid to be highly amusing:
YouTube - Fuffy-summer nights
Old 01-14-2010, 02:52 AM
Fan Forum Star

Thank you very much for posting that video link Lara. I`m not much of a fan of musicals, but i really loved it. It is one of the best Fuffy videos i`ve seen, especially with how the song gives a fun interpretation of Buffy and Faith`s relationship.
Old 01-19-2010, 02:11 PM
Extreme Fan

Goddammit, why did they never try out Fuffy? The canon ships SUCK. Sorry Banglers, Spuffers and Buffy/Riley shippers (if you exist), but your ships all suck. Why is it that, after constructing the most wonderful piece of television, the writers have the ability to make up some of the face-shreddingly worst relationships with the main character. I've just watched Smashed and Wrecked, you see (my first viewing, so no spoilers for after these episodes please), and it dawned on me that they all suck.

OK, Bangel was fine. It was bleh. It was 16 year old hormones and a lolita complex. True love? Screw that sub-Twilight crap. I tolerated it just fine while it was going on, but I died a little every time Buffy mentioned him after season 3. Shouldn't she have grown up and gotten over him by then?

Buffy/Riley? What kind of sack of crap was that? He spent the whole of season four just plain dull. He was boring, tolerable but to a less extent than Bangel. Then it scraped the bottom of hell's own bottle in season five. Vampire suckjobs? Vampire suckjobs? Who the hell came up with that? Who agreed to it? He basically spent the whole time whining that Buffy was ignoring him while her mother was dying from a brain tumour and a hellgod was trying to kill her sister. Then he had the nerve to make out like it was her fault, then issue her an ultimatum. Then he mind-controlled Xander to make him act completely OOC just to make Riley sound better. What a douchebag.

Which brings me to Spuffy. Eat me alive, rabid fangirls, I will die with the knowledge that Spuffy sucks. You know what, I was actually kinda fond of it before season six. It was my second choice after Buffy/Faith. It kinda reminded me of the latter - the whole light/dark thang. But season six made me realise the difference - Faith was bad. Spike was evil.

And so he stalked her like a psychopathic, pathetic, stalker-cum-abusive-boyfriend, a shadow of his former self (anyone remember when he was awesome?) She came back from the dead with the personality of a whiny bitch. Blah blah torn out of heaven blah blah i just want to feel blah blah. It's telling when I prefer a character's robot counterpart to the actual character. Put the two together and what do you get? The most spectacularly UNsexy piece of crap I've ever seen. Like I said, I kinda liked it before, from episodes like Fool for Love, but the moment they kissed I gagged. Any tension there was dissipated, and we were just left with an abusive, unhealthy "relationship". Their sex scene in Smashed was horrible. Who found that sexy? It was the most horrible thing I've ever had to watch on television. It literally made my skin crawl. Even thinking about it makes me want to gag. Ugh, horrible. There was more chemisty in a single grunt from Faith than a whole sex scene with Spike.

Bah. I'm pissed off. I loved BtVS this morning. I watched Smashed and Wrecked in the afternoon and now I don't really feel like watching the next episode.

No spoilers please.
Old 01-19-2010, 03:47 PM
Fan Forum Star

Wow you really didn`t hold back there. Okay here are my opinions on the ships that rivals Fuffy.

First of all, i thought that Bangel was at it`s best in the first two seasons, especially before Angel and Buffy had their special night. I enjoyed their relationship back then, mainly because of how forbidden it was given their different lives, which gave it a Romeo and Juliet feel to it. Things definitely wasn`t the same between Buffy and Angel in Season 3 after Angel came back from Hell. In fact had things been different, Faith would`ve stole Buffy from Angel, which was hinted to in Bad Girls with the "I`ll keep her warm for you" line from Faith. It was obvious midway in the season that Angel and Buffy were going to part ways since they were both in different places in their lives and even though they cared about each other, they felt that it was time to find something new in their lives.

As for Buffy/Riley, i didn`t like them together at all. Riley was so boring in Season 4 and then was so unbelivably selfish in Season 5 thinking only of his own needs while Buffy was dealing with her mom being sick and trying to protect Dawn from Glory. I feel that Riley was the safe boyfriend that Buffy was looking for after all that she went through with Angel.

Lastly with Spuffy, i thought that they were an improvement from Buffy/Riley, but at the same time was as good as Bangel and no where near the greatness of Fuffy. Buffy and Spike had their good moments together, but the dysfunction that they had obviously seems with their issues and the inability to properly deal with it. Of course Faith got involved with them when she and Spike spend a little time together and was found by Buffy, who looked like she wanted to have a little fun with them both.

As for how this relates to Fuffy, all that this shows is how much better Fuffy are, especially with the special connection they have being slayers.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:18 AM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
Wow you really didn`t hold back there.
I know... I was in a bad mood last night. The awfulness of series six kinda magnified that.

Quote:
First of all, i thought that Bangel was at it`s best in the first two seasons, especially before Angel and Buffy had their special night. I enjoyed their relationship back then, mainly because of how forbidden it was given their different lives, which gave it a Romeo and Juliet feel to it. Things definitely wasn`t the same between Buffy and Angel in Season 3 after Angel came back from Hell. In fact had things been different, Faith would`ve stole Buffy from Angel, which was hinted to in Bad Girls with the "I`ll keep her warm for you" line from Faith. It was obvious midway in the season that Angel and Buffy were going to part ways since they were both in different places in their lives and even though they cared about each other, they felt that it was time to find something new in their lives.
Agreed. I enjoyed Bangel early on, but there wasn't really much to do with them after series 2. He kinda had to come back in series 3 to set him up for the spin-off, but it's kinda annoying that it was dragged out like that. Faith would've made a much better love interest for series 3.

Quote:
As for Buffy/Riley, i didn`t like them together at all. Riley was so boring in Season 4 and then was so unbelivably selfish in Season 5 thinking only of his own needs while Buffy was dealing with her mom being sick and trying to protect Dawn from Glory. I feel that Riley was the safe boyfriend that Buffy was looking for after all that she went through with Angel.
Again, agreed. I can understand the thinking behind Riley - they needed a "normal" person after Angel. But the execution was waaaay off. I'm not sure how exactly they thought he was an engaging or likeable character.

Quote:
Lastly with Spuffy, i thought that they were an improvement from Buffy/Riley, but at the same time was as good as Bangel and no where near the greatness of Fuffy. Buffy and Spike had their good moments together, but the dysfunction that they had obviously seems with their issues and the inability to properly deal with it.
I think Spike and Buffy bring out the worst in each other. Also there is the problem that (IMO) Spike became completely unlikeable in series 6. He was evil for a start. And this was fine before, back when he was awesome, because Evil+Awesome=Good character. Season 6 Spike was evil and pathetic, which just made him come off as a complete jerk. It made me really sad to see Buffy being attracted to him while he's being such an evil loser. The Buffy I knew and loved would've staked him as soon as he hit her, not shagged him.

Quote:
Of course Faith got involved with them when she and Spike spend a little time together and was found by Buffy, who looked like she wanted to have a little fun with them both.
SPOILERS!

Quote:
As for how this relates to Fuffy, all that this shows is how much better Fuffy are, especially with the special connection they have being slayers.
Indeed.
Old 01-22-2010, 02:19 PM
Elite Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by trucherrygirl (View Post)
I hope at least some of you like musical theatre! I found this vid to be highly amusing:
YouTube - Fuffy-summer nights
Old 01-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Fan Forum Star

I`m currently watching Dirty Girls for the first time in a while. It is one of the best Fuffy episodes. I really loved all of the awkward tension between the ladies at first, mainly with Buffy being very wary about Faith. I`m glad that she welcomed her back into the team as evident with the scene where they had their talk during their walk to the winery. Of course i can`t forget to mention the great basement scene where Buffy found Faith and Spike together. Like i`ve said before, it was obvious that Buffy liked seeing her two lovers together and would`ve loved to have some fun with them. While i`m on the subject of Fuffy and Spike, here is a great fanfic i`ve just found. It is called The Triangle. I have to warn everyone that is it very smutty.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Elite Fan

Oh yeah, the scene in the basement! Loved that one!
Old 02-05-2010, 11:27 AM
Extreme Fan

Who likes my new avatar?
Old 02-05-2010, 02:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

I love it. It perfectly states what a lot of us were screaming at the TV during that scene in Enemies.
Old 02-05-2010, 02:11 PM
Elite Fan

Word!
Old 02-05-2010, 03:28 PM
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
I love it. It perfectly states what a lot of us were screaming at the TV during that scene in Enemies.
Just Enemies? I was screaming it the whole damn time! In every scene they shared they looked like they were a millimetre away from jumping each other there and then.
Old 02-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Fan Forum Star

I still can`t believe that they didn`t get it on with all of the steaming hot tension between them. Plus i`m sure Angel would`ve love to join in on the fun.
Old 02-06-2010, 05:44 AM
Elite Fan

Totally, with al the fighting and Faith becoming horny because of the fighting you would have thought she would have jumped Buffy's bones!
Old 02-06-2010, 06:43 AM
Extreme Fan

Perhaps she did, and we just didn't see it.

Bad Girls:

Joyce: So what did you and Faith do last night?
Buffy (rather too quickly): Nothing!

Deleted scene, perhaps?