View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 08:18 AM
The_Void
Extreme Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Rod (View Post)
Wow you really didn`t hold back there.
I know... I was in a bad mood last night. The awfulness of series six kinda magnified that.

Quote:
First of all, i thought that Bangel was at it`s best in the first two seasons, especially before Angel and Buffy had their special night. I enjoyed their relationship back then, mainly because of how forbidden it was given their different lives, which gave it a Romeo and Juliet feel to it. Things definitely wasn`t the same between Buffy and Angel in Season 3 after Angel came back from Hell. In fact had things been different, Faith would`ve stole Buffy from Angel, which was hinted to in Bad Girls with the "I`ll keep her warm for you" line from Faith. It was obvious midway in the season that Angel and Buffy were going to part ways since they were both in different places in their lives and even though they cared about each other, they felt that it was time to find something new in their lives.
Agreed. I enjoyed Bangel early on, but there wasn't really much to do with them after series 2. He kinda had to come back in series 3 to set him up for the spin-off, but it's kinda annoying that it was dragged out like that. Faith would've made a much better love interest for series 3.

Quote:
As for Buffy/Riley, i didn`t like them together at all. Riley was so boring in Season 4 and then was so unbelivably selfish in Season 5 thinking only of his own needs while Buffy was dealing with her mom being sick and trying to protect Dawn from Glory. I feel that Riley was the safe boyfriend that Buffy was looking for after all that she went through with Angel.
Again, agreed. I can understand the thinking behind Riley - they needed a "normal" person after Angel. But the execution was waaaay off. I'm not sure how exactly they thought he was an engaging or likeable character.

Quote:
Lastly with Spuffy, i thought that they were an improvement from Buffy/Riley, but at the same time was as good as Bangel and no where near the greatness of Fuffy. Buffy and Spike had their good moments together, but the dysfunction that they had obviously seems with their issues and the inability to properly deal with it.
I think Spike and Buffy bring out the worst in each other. Also there is the problem that (IMO) Spike became completely unlikeable in series 6. He was evil for a start. And this was fine before, back when he was awesome, because Evil+Awesome=Good character. Season 6 Spike was evil and pathetic, which just made him come off as a complete jerk. It made me really sad to see Buffy being attracted to him while he's being such an evil loser. The Buffy I knew and loved would've staked him as soon as he hit her, not shagged him.

Quote:
Of course Faith got involved with them when she and Spike spend a little time together and was found by Buffy, who looked like she wanted to have a little fun with them both.
SPOILERS!

Quote:
As for how this relates to Fuffy, all that this shows is how much better Fuffy are, especially with the special connection they have being slayers.
Indeed.