Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Old 03-23-2004, 09:23 PM
Elite Fan

What was SMG's best movie role? Discussion

Alright so I want to know what you all thought was SMG's best role. The role that set her apart from all other roles.

And I want reasons as to why it was so great.

Even though this may be an obvious answer, my favorite role would have to be Kathryn in "Cruel Intentions". She really just shone in this role. I remember people doubting the fact she could play such a b*tch, but then she proved them wrong but saying "Hey, don't typecast me as Buffy forever."

She really did one of her best acting jobs in this movie and I will always remember leaving the theater feeling so proud of her (as lame as it sounds)
Old 03-24-2004, 07:12 AM
Master Fan

I totally agree, that has absolutely been her smartest choice so far. She really showed her versatility in this role, I mean 'Buffy' in itself was a versatile role - but this just exentuated that even more.

I am so looking forward to 'The Grudge', I don't know the description of her character, but I really think the fact that she is branching out as far as genre's go is a huge step forward for her.

But yes, definately 'CI' was her best role, she was fantastic in it. I just adore that movie, and lets be honest, mostly because of her. (Oh okay, and the JOsh and Ryan fix too [img]smilies/tongue.gif[/img] )
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 03-24-2004, 07:54 AM
Elite Fan

Cruel intentions, definitely! [img]smilies/thumbs_up.gif[/img] She has done an amazing job and although Kathryn's a baddie everyone loved her character in the movie! [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Scooby doo was probably her worst movie role IMO. [img]smilies/look.gif[/img] The movie is funny but ya know... [img]smilies/wink.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Fan Forum Hero

CI by far IMO! I adore Sarah in that movie! How she plays Kathryn is just so amazing to see. You can truly see what a great actress she is looking at her in that movie. Wow, I just love her in it and I don't think she could have done a better job there. [img]smilies/smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2004, 04:57 AM
Supreme Fan

i think that her best movie was CI cause she was just so evil and buffy wasnt evil. i liked that it was different than her role on buffy. this is why i liked her role in HM cause she was evil in this movie but she didnt play cindy like kathyrn i think she played them alittle different.

but if you really think about her role in SI and scooby-doo are different to. cause amanda was just so sweet and nice and cooked. and daphne may have some fight moves in it from sarah, but daphne is nothing like the buffy of season 6, and 7. cause even if you didnt like scooby-doo it showed sarah in a different role other than buffy.

ikwydls was another one that i think she was good in cause she was a victim in it and wasnt a strong girl like buffy and she was killed in the movie . it was good to see her as a victim other than the hero.

i think the grudge is another step up cause its a different kind of horror film than IKWYDLS and scream 2.

i think out of all of them on buffy sarah has picked different charaters and different types of movies and that may help her alot. cause they can see her in different ways.

she hasnt picked all romantic comedies or all dramas shes picked different things. and different charaters.
Old 03-27-2004, 01:37 PM
New Fan

I loved her in CI! Sarah was so great in the role as Kathryn! I was really amazed when I first saw the movie. I knew already that she was a great actress but her role as Kathryn just made me see that even more. [img]smilies/love.gif[/img]
Old 04-09-2004, 12:07 PM
Part-Time Fan

Cruel Intentions because it was her most unique role.
Old 04-09-2004, 12:34 PM
Fan Forum Hero

I really [img]smilies/love.gif[/img] that movie!

Old 04-09-2004, 10:23 PM
Elite Fan

So what does everyone think of the news with Sarah's upcoming movie "Southland Tales"?

I am, personally, looking forward to, not only because it is said to be a musical but because I'm hoping it will get her more recognition.

Hopefully we'll learn more about it as the times nears.
Old 04-11-2004, 03:16 AM
Master Fan

I can't wait for that movie. Hee. I love SWS, and I think it will be a fun film. And I'm looking forward to seeing her in singing and dancing again.

I really think he 'Grudge' might go up as one of her best roles too, because its challenging her to experience different forms of film, which can only broaden her acting range.
Michael: Guess what, I have flaws. What are they? Oh, I don't know. I sing in the shower. Sometimes I spend too much time volunteering. Occasionally I'll hit somebody with my car. So sue me. No, don't sue me. That is the opposite of the point that I'm trying to make.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:49 PM
Part-Time Fan

I loved her as Kathryn in Cruel intention.
Old 04-15-2004, 01:59 PM
Fan Forum Hero

Me too! She is so good in that movie! [img]smilies/pinkie.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2004, 02:14 AM
Passionate Fan

I haven't been crazy on any of her movie choices so far, but I'll say Cruel Intentions. I loved her look in that Shallow=me.
Old 04-18-2004, 04:04 AM
Fan Forum Hero

Seems everyone loves that movie and Sarah's role in it [img]smilies/biggrin.gif[/img]

Old 04-18-2004, 05:26 AM
Part-Time Fan

I'm looking forward for The Grudge, but my fave is Kathrine in Cruel Intentions ...