Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2015, 10:07 PM
Elite Fan

I left the BtVS book I was reading in my mail cubby at work. I hate pausing when I'm reading a book. I was 100 pages in. I don't go back to work until Tuesday.

Someone compared "The Darkness" on Supernatural to "The First Evil" on BtVS but the Darkness is more like chaos so it is neither good or either. The FE was the essence of negativity, pure evil. The Darkness just is but slightly different than magic. Kind of like how in a story there is going to be adventure to make it more interesting and often that means bad things happening but the adventure itself was not evil.

In SPN s11 Dean is has had communication with a mysterious woman named Amara that claims to be The Darkness. I don't know if she is a manifestation of the Darkness or its avatar or appearing to Dean in a way he will recognize/understand. Either way it reminds me of the FE walking around in S7 looking like Buffy.

Were there fan fics about Spike/FE-Buffy?
Old 10-10-2015, 10:09 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sure there were in larger Spuffy fics.

Nothing like a stand alone fic.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-10-2015, 10:26 PM
Elite Fan

I wanted more information on the First Evil. The way that it is tied to death to the point that when It manifests as something other than its true crab form, it can only take the visage of those that have experienced death firsthand. More on how it can see into the minds of the dead/undead/formerly-dead that it is like possessing them without having to enter them. I get how it can enter--without truly taking over---regular people to shift their emotions towards darkness.

Spike always felt like himself. He was William Pratt the human and then he was William/Spike the soullless vampire and then William/Spike the souled vampire. But given that the soul was not just the conscience, but William himself, and vampires that are sired actually rise from the dead, that means that the demonic essence inside him infusing his molecules with life, is actually a demon possessing him and somehow getting lost amid the electrical impulses and stored memories inside of William's body. Why do the demons not have their own personalities the way that anyone else that possesses someone does? Why don't we see it as 2 spirits sharing a body when Spike regained his soul? Why don't we see it as a demon possessing and in the possession of the memories of a mortal human falling in love with Buffy and the spirit of the human once in possession of himself again concurring and loving her as much as the demon that took over him does?
Old 10-10-2015, 10:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I think Spike demon loves Buffy too.

I still wonder why it was her blood that brought him back in control in Sleeper.

I have always figured it was something to do with his love for her though.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-10-2015, 11:00 PM
Elite Fan

Do you think that the demonic essences that possess human bodies and become vampires are capable of their own mental capacities? It is kind of like, what would happen if Dawn lost all of her Monk-made memories? I hear that is actually one of the plots in the graphic novels but she slowly gets them back.

Do you think Spike's demon would still act like Spike if It were separated from him? I wonder if it would be enough of him that Buffy would love both of them.

Well, everything has to do in some way with his love for her. ha ha

It could've been because it was Slayer blood which is more potent. And Buffy's blood seems to be even stronger than the average Slayer. She is the Queen of the Slayers after all.

Or it could've snapped him back to the connection he shares with her. The different ways he has tasted her. It was not mere physical/sensual pleasure for him. Having sex with Buffy was a "bloody revelation" and one of the most intense emotional experiences of his life.

Or maybe it gave him just the right amount of strength to break free. Charged him in a way that the regular human blood didn't. Refocused him the way that Buffy tasting Dracula's blood refocused her and renewed her fight against the thrall.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:11 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Good points.

Especially how everything always had to do with his love for Buffy.

It's really the most beautiful thing like ever!

Old 10-10-2015, 11:31 PM
Elite Fan

I feel sorry for Crowley on SPN because he was unable to fully make the change from Evil to Good like Spike did because Dean was in love with Castiel instead of him (though I think Dean slept with him for several months in between s9 & s10). It reminds me of how out of it Spike was out of fear that Buffy would always love Angel more and that he was getting in the way of their epic star crossed relationship, that even when she is separated from Angel there is something there that he has to compete with. That is how Crowley felt. He started doing less evil and changing Hell for the better and Dean was starting to forgive him for trying to manipulate him into becoming dark so they could be together (so Spuffy s6) and wouldn't have killed him though the rest of his friends/family wanted to (so Spuffy s7) but ultimately chose Cas. And while Crowley would never hurt Dean, he is perfectly okay with massacring innocent people and threatening Dean's brother with death if Sam comes after him again (so LMPTM).

We are lucky that Buffy returned Spike's feelings. Spike was forcibly reigned in with the chip while Crowley was with a purified blood ritual. Demons saw how weakened by love Buffy made Spike while demons did the same about Crowley with Dean. People would ask Buffy why she was really keeping Spike alive and they did the same with Dean on why he let Crowley live.

There was one huge moment that was so the Chosen "champion" scene on SPN. There was a weapon called the first blade that Dean had but Crowley ended up with. Dean needed it to take out Cain and so Crowley gave it back to him but when it was time for Dean to give it back to Crowley he instead handed it to Cas. It was such a huge emotional betrayal. Even though Crowley is the King of Hell he said, heartbrokenly, realizing Dean really was choosing Cas, "You lied to me."

I love that so many other ships mirror Spuffy.
Old 10-10-2015, 11:36 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I must really enjoy a man finding redemption b/c of his love for a woman.

Spuffy are my OTP

JnJ are my Soap OTP

That sucks Crowley wasn't redeemed.

In a way it reminds me of Cole on Charmed.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:07 AM
Elite Fan

Crowley is like the villain that nobody wants to see die. Too darn likable. He was introduced in the beginning of s5 and is still there in s11.

Cole, yeah, he could've fully redeemed if everyone hadn't of turned on him. You can't take a character that is an evil demon and have them make wondrous strides towards the light through sheer love and loyalty and then rip their guiding stars away from them. Of course they are going to tumble back into darkness. Though in both cases the guys retained so much goodness, just enough to make it hurt more that they weren't Good.

Quote:
I must really enjoy a man finding redemption b/c of his love for a woman
Or love of a man. #Drowley (Dean/Crowley) #Hannigram (Hannibal Lector/Will Graham)
Old 10-11-2015, 12:11 AM
Fan Forum Legend

JnJ even had a scene where Jennifer told Jack she believed in him when he was wanting to give up trying to change b/c everybody else only saw what he had done in the past.

Spuffy feels

Old 10-11-2015, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

There is among many complete other WIP fics this is happening.

Elysian Fields: Oct. Challenge Month Fic List

The Spuffy fandom is the best out there!

I also bring you a recent vid I'm in love with but haven't posted yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff_hYngwrl4

Old 10-12-2015, 12:15 PM
Elite Fan

I love that we have fandoms within fandoms. And that our Spuffy fandom is as large and even more active than the BtVS fandom.

I heard that in s3 of Hannibal, he apologized to Will for killing Abigail. She was like their surrogate daughter. Hannibal slit her throat in a la llorona (old urban legend about a woman that finds out her husband is cheating on her and drowns their kids but then feels unbearable regret/remorse) you've-broken-my-heart-I-don't-want-anything-connecting-us kind of reasoning. It is huge that Hannibal actually regretted murdering someone. He is close to being a sociopath and is a serial killer but wished he could undo taking Abigail away from Will and causing him an ache that will never go away.

Can you imagine if Spike had killed Dawn?
Old 10-12-2015, 08:17 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't imagine spike kiling her, he cared about her too much.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:18 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
I love that we have fandoms within fandoms. And that our Spuffy fandom is as large and even more active than the BtVS fandom.

I heard that in s3 of Hannibal, he apologized to Will for killing Abigail. She was like their surrogate daughter. Hannibal slit her throat in a la llorona (old urban legend about a woman that finds out her husband is cheating on her and drowns their kids but then feels unbearable regret/remorse) you've-broken-my-heart-I-don't-want-anything-connecting-us kind of reasoning. It is huge that Hannibal actually regretted murdering someone. He is close to being a sociopath and is a serial killer but wished he could undo taking Abigail away from Will and causing him an ache that will never go away.

Can you imagine if Spike had killed Dawn?
Are Spuffy the larger than other shipper/fandoms?

Even recent?

Well I know the soap fandom is small.

That's like how Damon has killed Jeremy.

The first time he didn't know he could come back.

Just one of many things that turned me off of DE especially since he showed no real remorse.

Old 10-12-2015, 08:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Are Spuffy the larger than other shipper/fandoms?

Even recent?

Well I know the soap fandom is small.

That's like how Damon has killed Jeremy.

The first time he didn't know he could come back.

Just one of many things that turned me off of DE especially since he showed no real remorse.
Nope he didn't and they swept that under the rug too