Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2015, 11:14 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
I love that it had nothing to do with Faith or a change in Buffy's personality. If Buffy, in any season, had given Spike signs, he would've gone for it. There were so many clues prior to the big s5 Out of My Mind dream reveal that Spike was attracted to and had feelings for Buffy. In s2 he was fascinated/obsessed with her but by s4 it was already becoming a yearning. And our first real sign that Buffy felt similar was in s4 and not S5/6. Remember that scene in Superstar when they stare into each other's eyes while she lets him trail his hand down her chest closer and closer to her breasts and it only stops there because someone forcibly interrupts them?
I love that scene.

Now I want to read a fic when Jonathon doesn't stop Spike.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-08-2015, 11:21 PM
Elite Fan

Some try to naysay that scene, blaming it on their minds being different because of the augmentation spell. But even in that version of the world, Spike was in like/lust with Buffy, grad student Marine covert government agent Riley was still in love with Buffy, and Buffy herself just had less confidence in her abilities but still capable if given the chance regular world Buffy had.

I bet in a fan fic of Superstar, Spike would give Buffy the confidence she needed. She'd wonder what he even saw in her since she'd feel like they were never equals since she isn't as good at anything as Jonathon and he'd help her realize she's the freakin Slayer and Jonathon is just an anomaly.
Old 10-08-2015, 11:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Exactly.

I've read fic where they team up to get to the bottom of what's going on with Jonathon.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 10-08-2015, 11:30 PM
Elite Fan

I wonder if Sarah commented on that hand trail scene when she read the script. If she asked what was going on between Spike & Buffy. Of course, she must've already figured it out the way that Spike was hanging on every word Faith-in-Buffy was teasing.

It makes so much sense that Spike would be able to still see Buffy underneath the spell's effects while her best friends couldn't.

Spike would never have done a spell like that on himself. He wanted to earn the respect, fear, and love of those around him. He wanted to truly be the toughest and scariest and most loyal. He was talked out of putting a love spell on Drusilla and even then it was a very last resort after over a century of being betrayed and humiliated by her.

Gross thought. I bet if the Superstar universe really happened that way with Jonathon having been Mr. Perfect in everyone's eyes, Faith probably would've hooked up with him in s3. Anya probably prior to getting together with Xander. Willow if he even glanced her way pre-Oz. The only ladies who would be safe are Buffy & Tara.

I want a fan fiction of Spike pre-Sunnydale dreaming of Buffy throughout the decades, starting in the 1800s.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 10-08-2015 at 11:50 PM
Old 10-08-2015, 11:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I'm sure SMG was very happy reading that script since she wanted Spuffy to happen.

Spike: Magic always has Consequences.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:00 AM
Elite Fan

A soulless vampire and yet he was so much more mature then the Scoobies in his awareness of the cosmic balance and the price of selfishness and lines that shouldn't be crossed.

I bet when James was trailing his hand on Sarah she made a quip about the days she used to wear push up bras on the show.

Imagine if Spike had found out the Scoobies had a meeting about how they should do things for/with Buffy to help ease her depression and he know they wouldn't follow through and started researching things that make people happy and thinking of the things that would make him happy and trying to clue together things Buffy would like.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:07 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Well Spike had been living over 100 years longer than them though.

Buffy stopped dressing sexy after HS.

I love fic when Spike talks about how he loved fighting her when she wore those short skirts.

I wonder why the Scoobies never did that.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:17 AM
Elite Fan

Spike may have lived MUCH LONGER than the Scoobies but he was all twisted from the demonic essence infiltrating his every cell. And he didn't even know magic was real until he was 26. Look at how long it took Anya to acclimate to thinking like a human.

Finally when it is age appropriate for Buffy to wear sexy clothes, she stops.

Buffy would smack Spike so hard if he commented on enjoying her in those short skirts. Unless it was during their sexathon months, then she would go over to his crypt covered in a jacket take it off and be wearing nothing but a short skirt and cleavage showing shirt. It'd be like they went back in time and it'd hit home even more that they were banging their supposed mortal enemy and how a part of them always wanted to and it'd open up a dialogue about how they were flirting the very first week they met.

There are a lot of reasons Buffy's friends didn't do anything to help her with her depression and none of them are good.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:24 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Oh yeah I wasn't thinking about the demon thing.

I love how also he talks about always being able to smell her arousal when they fought too.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:30 AM
Elite Fan

I think a lot of people forget the demon thing. It is like Hannibal Lector on the tv series. Just so damn lovable you almost forgive the mass murder and eating of people.

Did he actually say that? I'm spacing. I mean, I know that he could scent it out since vampire's have much more advanced sensory abilities than humans and he's probably honed his throughout the years.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:41 AM
Fan Forum Legend

No I meant in fic.

I guess it's fanon.

Old 10-09-2015, 12:48 AM
Elite Fan

I'd call it headcanon instead of fanon. It is definitely a real possibility. We just didn't get it confirmed.

Do you think that Spike could differentiate the blood on tampons? He stole photos of Buffy, clothes of Buffy, ever think maybe he rifled through the Revello Drive bathroom in search of some elusive Slayer blood? *can't think of bloody tapons without thinking of tea, what has fan fic done to me?*
Old 10-09-2015, 12:53 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I guess it's part of my headcanon then.

Would Spike seriously want left over blood from tampons?

Old 10-09-2015, 01:03 AM
Elite Fan

It sounds gross to us but remember he is a vampire. He loves blood. He has gone down on a woman before (many times on Buffy in the future). It is SLAYER blood which tastes even better than regular blood and since he is chipped the only human blood he can get is what he buys/steals and keeps in the fridge ala Angel in s1 of BtVS.

There was this scene on s2 of Orange is the new black in which Piper needed help from a male inmate and he asked for her underwear and she told him that she'll bring him a pair of clean ones since she was forced to keep on the ones she was currently wearing for 4 days. The guy said he'd rather have the ones she was wearing because it would have a stronger scent. And that was a regular human guy in prison. A vampire jonesing for a Slayer would probably be even kinkier.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 10-10-2015 at 09:58 PM
Old 10-09-2015, 09:04 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys