Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2015, 12:57 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I love Spike was William the bloody awful poet.

Joss was genius coming up with that back story.

It fit everything perfectly that we already knew.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-25-2015, 01:06 AM
Fan Forum Star

It was a perfect back story for him

'People that are meant to be together always find their way in the end'
BrookeღLucas l EdwardღBella l RonღHermione l RyanღTaylor
avi: NOLA504
Old 06-25-2015, 01:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

That's my brain!

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-26-2015, 12:43 AM
Elite Fan

Spike really broke my heart in that alley scene. It wasn't that he took the physical assault in order to keep her from turning herself in. It wasn't how earnest he was when he said "I love you." It wasn't that he was trying in his own way to help her. It was the "explain it to me." He wanted so badly to be part of her world. To pick a side because he knew that no matter how much he tried to drag her down to his level she would always be LIGHT and it was better to strive for that himself to be by her side (and not in the way he tried to in S5, as feminists say, "put in niceness hoping sex comes out") because he would never truly have her when her light was being shadowed.

Riley tried to understand her darkness while Spike tried to understand her light. Angel, well, he had so much darkness that even seeing hers it was still light in comparison.

I decided to follow a couple of BtVS fans on Twitter and despite their love of Buffy Summers (they got her s6 depression, hated that everyone kicked her out of her own home in EP, etc.) they just did not correctly interpret Spuffy. I get that everyone comes at storylines differently but they acted as if it was a cut and dry good guy bad guy unhealthy relationship. As if Spike could be judged on the same basis as human males when he was a soulless demon that was coming off of a 100+ years long romance with a psychotic woman that encouraged sadomasochism in him. And they said that they don't understand how anyone could ship Buffy with Dean Winchester. Most fans are the opposite and think if Buffy were ever to end up with someone outside of the Buffyverse, it's Dean.

Last edited by wilywiccan; 06-26-2015 at 12:52 AM
Old 06-26-2015, 08:39 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilywiccan (View Post)
Spike really broke my heart in that alley scene. It wasn't that he took the physical assault in order to keep her from turning herself in. It wasn't how earnest he was when he said "I love you." It wasn't that he was trying in his own way to help her. It was the "explain it to me." He wanted so badly to be part of her world. To pick a side because he knew that no matter how much he tried to drag her down to his level she would always be LIGHT and it was better to strive for that himself to be by her side (and not in the way he tried to in S5, as feminists say, "put in niceness hoping sex comes out") because he would never truly have her when her light was being shadowed.

Riley tried to understand her darkness while Spike tried to understand her light. Angel, well, he had so much darkness that even seeing hers it was still light in comparison.

I decided to follow a couple of BtVS fans on Twitter and despite their love of Buffy Summers (they got her s6 depression, hated that everyone kicked her out of her own home in EP, etc.) they just did not correctly interpret Spuffy. I get that everyone comes at storylines differently but they acted as if it was a cut and dry good guy bad guy unhealthy relationship. As if Spike could be judged on the same basis as human males when he was a soulless demon that was coming off of a 100+ years long romance with a psychotic woman that encouraged sadomasochism in him. And they said that they don't understand how anyone could ship Buffy with Dean Winchester. Most fans are the opposite and think if Buffy were ever to end up with someone outside of the Buffyverse, it's Dean.

You can't tell me that part of the reason he was there wasn't to stop her from going to the police.

I get the rest of your post but this is the woman he loves and he wouldn't want her to turn herself in. Especially b/c like you said Spike couldn't understand without his soul why Buffy felt after saving all the lives she had would do this b/c of just one that she thought she killed by accident.

I will always wonder how things would have went Season 6 if Spike already had his soul back. Maybe he could have felt So much guilt b/c he thought Buffy's death was his fault that he fought for his soul back. It couldn't make up that he felt Buffy dying was his fault but she had been treating him like man & that was what he wanted to be and didn't realize until he fell in love with Buffy. It also was the best thing he could do to be able to take care & protect Dawn.

I think this is plausible.

Spuffy are the most complex couple ever!

You have to look under the surface to even begin to understand them as a couple and characters.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 06-26-2015 at 09:04 PM
Old 06-26-2015, 09:20 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hey guys, how are u doing?
Old 06-26-2015, 09:23 PM
Fan Forum Legend

See OT.

How are you?

Has Buffy ever lit up more?

Old 06-26-2015, 09:37 PM
Fan Forum Star

I agree that he didn't want her to turn herself in

Old 06-26-2015, 09:40 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Have you watched anymore episodes?

Chemistry through a door!

Old 06-26-2015, 09:43 PM
Fan Forum Star

I think I've seen through episode 6.15

Old 06-26-2015, 09:47 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I need a name to know.

Old 06-26-2015, 09:49 PM
Fan Forum Star

I can't remember

Love that art

Old 06-26-2015, 09:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

What happened in the episode?

Old 06-26-2015, 09:58 PM
Fan Forum Star

I remember invisible buffy

I don't remember the specifics

Old 06-26-2015, 10:02 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Well you said you saw Spuffy in the alley and that's Dead Things.

The next episode is Doublemeat Palace.

Buffy works in fast food.