Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-25-2014, 11:21 PM
Fan Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime Bee (View Post)
Having her mom there would have helped when Buffy was ripped from Heaven.

One of the things she missed I think was being with her mom.

That only made things worse with her depression on top of it.
Yeah I can see that
Old 06-26-2014, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I wonder if after seeing everything Spike was doing/done for Buffy and Dawn if she would approved of Spuffy getting together.

Buffy admits she needs him and it wasn't about Spike being able to fight demons.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-26-2014, 08:47 AM
New Fan

Quote:
I wonder if after seeing everything Spike was doing/done for Buffy and Dawn if she would approved of Spuffy getting together.
Joyce did always seem to take a liking to Spike, so I think she eventually would've. I'll never get over how she just lets him in during Lovers Walk and they're sitting there chatting and drinking hot chocolate like everything's all normal. Actually, I'll be viewing LW soon in my re-watch.

Always saddened me that we didn't have anymore Spike and Joyce moments once she passed.

Gorgeous art from S7! One of my fave scenes.
Old 06-26-2014, 08:23 PM
Fan Forum Star

That art is beautiful
Old 06-27-2014, 07:00 PM
Fan Forum Star

Yeah
Old 06-27-2014, 08:24 PM
Loyal Fan

I really think Spike cared for Joyce. The two of them really seemed to connect, especially since Spike had been such a mama's boy, and Joyce was such a honey. I also think Joyce could sense Spike's humanity and vulnerability during the conversation they had when Joyce offered hot cocoa, little marshmallows, and sympathy to lovelorn Spike. That was a great scene!
Old 06-27-2014, 08:36 PM
Fan Forum Star

The guy practically gave her flowers when she died.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:49 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessGrace (View Post)
Joyce did always seem to take a liking to Spike, so I think she eventually would've. I'll never get over how she just lets him in during Lovers Walk and they're sitting there chatting and drinking hot chocolate like everything's all normal. Actually, I'll be viewing LW soon in my re-watch.

Always saddened me that we didn't have anymore Spike and Joyce moments once she passed.

Gorgeous art from S7! One of my fave scenes.
Buffy never disinvited Spike til Crush Season 5.

I saw the clip where Spike shows up and Joyce is on the phone with Buffy.

Joyce doesn't notice that he is there until Spike is standing in the kitchen talking to her.

So she couldn't have invited him in.

It's funny how when he had tried to kill Buffy he has an invite but as soon as Spike says he has feelings for her is locked out.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-28-2014, 11:39 AM
New Fan

Quote:
Buffy never disinvited Spike til Crush Season 5.

I saw the clip where Spike shows up and Joyce is on the phone with Buffy.

Joyce doesn't notice that he is there until Spike is standing in the kitchen talking to her.

So she couldn't have invited him in.
Okay, I feel like an idiot, lol. For some reason I remembered that Buffy never disinvited him until Crush, but totally forgot how he just walked in during Lovers Walk and Joyce didn't get the door. I haven't actually seen S3 in quite awhile, though, so I guess it's good I'm currently doing the re-watch. I think I've watched seasons 5-7 the most.

But yes. It's hilarious that he's not allowed back in when Buffy finds out he has feelings for her, but it was totally fine before that. I was actually just talking to a friend about this after we'd caught a rerun of Crush on FX not too long ago.

Love that art.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:44 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DauntlessGrace (View Post)
Okay, I feel like an idiot, lol. For some reason I remembered that Buffy never disinvited him until Crush, but totally forgot how he just walked in during Lovers Walk and Joyce didn't get the door. I haven't actually seen S3 in quite awhile, though, so I guess it's good I'm currently doing the re-watch. I think I've watched seasons 5-7 the most.

But yes. It's hilarious that he's not allowed back in when Buffy finds out he has feelings for her, but it was totally fine before that. I was actually just talking to a friend about this after we'd caught a rerun of Crush on FX not too long ago.

Love that art.
I don't think Buffy saw Spike as a threat to her mom or Dawn truly or she would have got Willow to disinvite him before the chip.

The fact she didn't shut him out til she learned he had feelings for her speaks volumes.

It had nothing to do with him chaining her up that night ect.

I could understand if they did a disinvite after that though.

Buffy had already made up her mind before he did anything.

The way she obsessed about Spike having feelings for her was funny.

She couldn't let it go. It's about all she talked about after she found out.

Lady doth protest too much.

I really do think deep down she knew Spike was right that there was something between them.

We know he didn't really repulse her considering a few months later she is the one that is initiating kisses and jumping him.

Plus she didn't have to kiss him at the end of Intervention.

Old 06-28-2014, 10:48 PM
Fan Forum Star

Hi
Old 06-28-2014, 10:54 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Hey Mary.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 06-28-2014 at 11:04 PM
Old 06-28-2014, 11:09 PM
Fan Forum Star

Those scenes
Old 06-28-2014, 11:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I just love how Buffy teases him in the first part.

I wish we could have saw more scenes Season 4 of her questioning Spike about his chip.

I'm sure it was

Old 06-28-2014, 11:19 PM
Fan Forum Star

I liked that he was willing to help her in that scene and reassured her about her sister