Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2011, 07:23 AM
Fan Forum Legend

I hope you are right.

I just found it on Tumblr. Love how he shows the Season 7 relationship.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Supreme Fan

love the fanart
Old 06-08-2011, 01:09 PM
Elite Fan

Tumblr is amazing for Spuffy arts I love that their relationship in S7 where not physical, even though I missed the hottness. I get why Joss did what he did. Season 7 was about them reaching the highest level of emotional connection that they never had with anyone else. Becoming equals in every way, trusting each other completely, becoming close to each other than they where ever to anybody else.

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 06-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was the beautiful relationship they had in Season 7 that made them my OTP.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 06-08-2011, 01:50 PM
Elite Fan

I shipped them handcore since season 5, fell completelly in love with them in S6, then kept torturing myself with a thought: "How will they manage to work out after everything that happened that season?" And S7 came and it proved to me that they CAN work everything out, because they tried so hard for each other. They managed to do something that Bangel never could.

Beautiful art Love that moment. She opened up to him and he was the one she could tell about heaven.

Old 06-08-2011, 02:31 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I've loved lots of couples. Never like this. I just know I'm never gonna love another couple like Spuffy.

The summer before Season 6 I was So obsessed downloading vids and reading fic. I was a goner by the time Season 6 started. Even after everything that happened that season. I couldn't let them go. I didn't expect a lot from Season 7. It really felt fanfic some times.

Thank Joss for that season.

That scene at the end of Afterlife still gets to me. I will never forget how I was feeling the same way she was about life the first time I watched.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:01 PM
Elite Fan

That is basically my story as well. By the time of S6 I already felt that there is no way back for me, this is the couple that I love to pieces and will never be able to let go of no matter what. The AR happened and I honestly didn't know how they are going to fix it, how the writers are going to make it work out. I was afraid that it may be the Spuffy ending. That the writers always saw them as the "wrong" couple and by the AR they tried to show us this and put a closure on them. I did have a feeling that Spike is going to do something or change something, though. I never thought he was going to get his chip out, I guessed that he was going to do something else, since he was so horrified by what he almost did + plus he clearly changed a lot and admitted to not belonging to any of the worlds. He couldn't just come back to being evil anymore.

Season 7 proved to me that the writers - especially Joss - where never going to give up on Spuffy. More than that, Joss clearly thought of Spuffy as of the main relationship in Buffy's life at that point. He fixed all the things between them and more than that - made them stronger than any of their relationship ever was

I could relate to Buffy so much in S6 as well. I felt like I didn't belong. When the childhood ended I had to grow up fast and take care about so many stuff and I felt like Buffy when she said that in this world everything is so hard and painfull. And this feeling when you have nothing "to sing about", nothing to live for, no dreams, no plans... this is exactly how it was for me. I think it is still like this for me for the most time, but this season helped me to at least not give up a hope and showed me that a lot of people go through such periodes of their lives.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:20 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I did have some hope because he didn't rape her and fought for a soul though.

I really didn't want to be in this world anymore back in Season 6 was airing.

I was in a really bad place like Buffy. On top of the depression I was having panic attacks too.

Post on Spuffy/Couples thread.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Elite Fan

After he got his soul back I got a hope again. I never fully lost it, but him gettign a soul helped me to believe that Spuffy has a chance.

I still have panic attacks sometimes. And still feel like not wanting to be in this world, because it is too hard, and you give more than you get and nothing works out when you want to... but I just said to myself that there are other things in this world worth living for. And everytime such thoughts come into my head, I think about music, or sun, or love and those are things I wouldn't want to lose... It helps.

Ok, I'll post

Old 06-08-2011, 04:32 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I still get that feeling too. Spuffy helps though.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:36 PM
Addicted Fan

pretty art I was a little in shock when I first saw that scene

SMG|Ringer
Spike/Buffy--Jackie/Hyde--Barney/Robin
Old 06-08-2011, 04:41 PM
Fan Forum Legend

It was a shock.

She thought his crypt was comfy.

Old 06-08-2011, 04:47 PM
Addicted Fan

I loved that she said that, she liked his crypt and it was those little things in S7 that counted and made a difference

SMG|Ringer
Old 06-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Elite Fan

They acted like an old married couple in many ways in S7

Old 06-08-2011, 05:04 PM
Addicted Fan

SMG|Ringer