Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Addicted Fan

I'm about to post those other pics

SMG|Ringer
Spike/Buffy--Jackie/Hyde--Barney/Robin
Old 04-26-2011, 03:48 PM
Fan Forum Legend

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-26-2011, 03:57 PM
Elite Fan

We'll be waiting

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-26-2011, 04:17 PM
Addicted Fan

I've got them all in the Pic Thread now

SMG|Ringer
Old 04-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I posted this on COTM but I thought I would post it here too.

Spike/Buffy will always be my OTP.

The biggest reason is that I've never seen a stronger love/connection in my ships.

They saw the best and worst of each other. They hurt each other and in the end it was worth it. It only made their love stronger. After everything that happened between them in Season 6. Most people would give up and walk away but instead they only became closer. They believed in each other and were there for each when nobody else was.

This is my all time fave Spuffy moment.

SPIKE: I'm not asking you for anything. When I say I love you, it's not because I want you, or because I can't have you - it has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try... I've seen your kindness, and your strength, I've seen the best and the worst of you and I understand with perfect clarity exactly what you are. You're a hell of a woman. You're the one, Buffy.

Then this speech Buffy gave Spike.

BUFFY: That’s not true. Listen to me. You’re not alive because of hate or pain. You’re alive because I saw you change. Because I saw your penance.
SPIKE: Window dressing.
BUFFY: Be easier, wouldn’t it, it if were an act, but it’s not. You faced the monster inside of you and you fought back. You risked everything to be a better man.
SPIKE: Buffy…
BUFFY: And you can be. You are. You may not see it, but I do. I do. I believe in you, Spike.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-26-2011, 05:02 PM
Addicted Fan

Love those gifs and moments

SMG|Ringer
Old 04-26-2011, 05:15 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Both of those moments are very important brought them closer than they had been with anybody else.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Banned

Beautiful post Jaime
Old 04-26-2011, 06:25 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Thanks.

I'm just love them too much.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:41 PM
Banned

Is there such a thing as too much spuffy love?
Old 04-26-2011, 08:53 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I don't know.

I'm pretty sure my obsession with them is unhealthy.

Old 04-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Elite Fan

Jaime, great post and especially ITA with this:

Quote:
They saw the best and worst of each other. They hurt each other and in the end it was worth it. It only made their love stronger.
So true. You know, happen everythign that happened to Spuffy relationship with any other couple, I'd honestly give up on shipping them, more than that, I'd end up hating both characters. But with Spuffy - never ever I hated any of them, never I stopped loving them. I knew where both where coming from, I knew how each of them is in pain and how they both try, how they go through all that phases and only becoming stronger. Bangel wasn't worth pain they caused each other, because they never found their way back to each other and not that they even tried. With Spuffy, the pain was worth it, because it made them strong, amazing persons ready to fight for their love.

Spike's journey is amazing as well. Just look at that. From an evil vampire who chained a girl and demended her to tell that he has a chance, to a selfless caring person in Chosen who says:

Quote:
I'm not asking you for anything. When I say I love you, it's not because I want you, or because I can't have you - it has nothing to do with me. I love what you are, what you do, how you try...
Here we see that his love is pure and he is not asking anything from her. He is not asking to be loved. He is not even declairing his own love for her as for a woman (because S6 phase of "I know you'll never love me, but I love you and want you and that's enough for us both" is so over), he is saying that he loves what she is. That is because he knows her, he's seen her, he was there for her. He got his soul back and returned, but never since then he asked anything from her. And he didn't try to "buy" her love or forgiveness as haters might say. He was ready to give up trying if she doesn't want him or rejects him, he knew he is never gonna stop loving her, but untill she says she needs him he is not gonna ask for her love. And that is when Buffy realized how strong and selfless Spike's feelings for her are

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-27-2011, 07:12 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Great post.

I have never seen anybody love the way Spike loves Buffy.

After that night Buffy knew she wanted to be with him.

She wouldn't let it go. She was there with him she said.

That night they were closer to each other than they had been to anybody else.

Just holding and comforting each other.

Old 04-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Banned

They were at their gorgeous peak in S5
Old 04-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They did look good.

Spike makes smoking look sexy.