Fan Forum
Remember Me?
Register

Request a Forum   |     View New Forums

Tags Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2011, 06:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Spike♥Buffy #156: “What should I call you then? Pet? Sweetheart? My little Goldilocks?”

Welcome to the 156th Spuffy Thread
If you're a fan of the Spuffy relationship please post here.
This is an appreciation thread. Do not bash either the characters or the actors.
Don't Lurk! We want to hear from you.
Don't be shy, we don't bite . . . hard!
. . . .

"The thing about Buffy and Spike is they understand each other on a level that nobody else does. They've both lived a hundred lives and I think there's a connection there that we will see evolve over the next couple of years where she realizes that he really is someone that she can trust, someone that's a companion to her and someone that really understands her unlike anybody else."
Sarah Michelle Geller
"Spike is the person in her life right now..... What I basically told [James and Sarah] was, 'Play the romance, be proud of him, love him when you say you love him, love her when you say she doesn't love you. Forget about the crumbling world, for that period of time it doesn't exist.'"
Joss Whedon
Spike is something special. Spike retained enough compassion. Some part of his soul is still was always there that allowed him to fall in love with Buffy where no vampire could.
David Fury
As an actor, I right away played an attraction to Buffy, even though Spike was fully in love with Drusilla. There was a scene, my very first day of shooting, where I was hunting Buffy, not to fight with her, but just to observe her and see what her fighting style was. And I'm looking at her in the Bronze and I'm kind of walking through the crowd, watching her dance, and there was something both very much of a hunter, "I'm going to kill you", but there's also heavy sexual undercurrent, and that just came off the day (laughs) watching Sarah dance, really. But, you know, Spike was the perfect boyfriend, so he would never go beyond that. But there was that attraction immediately, and by the time we get to Season 4, it's developing. There are two episodes where the characters get together. One is kind of a what-if episode which is brought on by a spell that Willow casts which is completely unreal. But then there's a scene later on in the season where Faith takes over Buffy's body and just messes with Spike's mind. And there we see for the first time that if Spike would have gone for it, he would very much like to have kissed Buffy. And that's why he can't kill her, because he's in love with someone who's truly good. And so he's going to try and be the kind of man that Buffy would like to have.
James Marsters
"I think it's good to have Spike and Dawn together, because it shows Spike's mindset. Which is that anyone who Buffy loves is very important. So, he will protect anyone Buffy loves. Don't hurt Buffy. Don't hurt anyone that's important to her. Keep them safe."
James Marsters
"People went crazy when we put them together, and they went crazier when we took them apart."
David Solomon

. . . .

[1 - 475]

476. Because what they have might not be pretty, but it's real.
477. Because he was her strongest warrior.
478. Because she knows all the cool vampires.
479. Because he was on her side when no one else was.
480. Because over 100+ years he's been sure of only one thing, her.
481. Because he loves what she is, what she does, how she tries.
482. Because she's the one.
483. Because they spent the night together cuddling.
484. Because of the way she was stroking his hand.
485. Because she chased after him.
486. Because the night they spent together was the best night of his life.
487. Because that night meant something to her too.
488. Because it was the first time he was close to anyone.
489. Because all he did was hold her and watch her sleep.
490. Because she was there with him.
491. Because she has the scythe because of him, because of the strength he gave her.
492. Because Angel was jealous of him.
493. Because Spike is in her heart.
494. Because she chose him as her champion.
495. Because he didn't know what he would have done if she'd gone up those stairs.
496. Because she spent what could have been her last few nights alive in his arms.
497. Because his sacrifice was for her.
498. Because she didn't want to leave him.
499. Because nothing will ever express their connection more, than when their hands were on fire.
500. Because she loves him.
501. Because finding their way back to each other is inevitable.

. . . .

Top Ten Moments;

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . .

. . . .

. . . .

Top Five Kisses ;

. . . .

"You always hurt ... the one you love, pet."

. . . .

Credit:
Majora's Mask - Main Banner, headers, animations, top moments.
Issa - Moments art.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-24-2011, 06:36 AM
Elite Fan

TFTNT!

Goldilocks

icon: swanspirate@tumblr
Old 04-24-2011, 07:09 AM
Fan Forum Legend

YW.

I love when he calls her Luv too.

I actually thought he said that after Pet but I was wrong.

I looked up the quote. I always do to make sure they are right.

"To me, this is much more real. If these two crazy kids can make it work, it will be a lot more interesting than a kind of romance with obstacles thrown in." - Marti Noxon

Old 04-24-2011, 07:39 AM
Fan Forum Hero

TFTNT!

Great title
Old 04-24-2011, 08:05 AM
Elite Fan

Spuffy quotes are legend

Old 04-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They are. They always got the best lines. Especially Spike even before he fell for Buffy.

It is amazing how he changed during the show. He always had his humanity left in him and even Dru did too. The Judge said she did too. She was too crazy though to ever be able to change. I still don't think she would have ever been strong enough to fight her demon even if she had a chip.

Like my sig says. Spike is special.

Old 04-24-2011, 11:40 AM
Elite Fan

I agree.

Dru wasn't just crazy, lets face it, she was a bitch She didn't even make a secret out of her wanting Angelus even when she was with Spike. She was able to feel, but it's just compared to Angelus she seemed quite sensitive, because Angelus was a pure evil. Darla was able to feel as well.

Spike was really unique. His love for Dru was genuin, but he was dependent with her, she showed him the world and made him who he was and he was greatful for that. His love for Buffy was real. He didn't need a reason to love her, it was just there. And it was so strong that inspired Spike to change and explore a humanity that was left in him. Buffy was his inspiration to change, but he wanted to change for himself as well. He wanted his soul back to be complete.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:08 PM
Fan Forum Legend

I do hate Drusilla but I don't think she was just a bitch. She was destroyed by Angelus and he was her sire. So of course he was always her first choice. I think that is why she cheated on Spike with him. She knew before Spike that he loved Buffy. That had to do with her cheating too. Not saying she was right at all cause Spike was devoted to her and I think he did love her in a way. She was his sire afterall.

I really think Spuffy taught each other what real love is.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:16 PM
Elite Fan

Well, on one hand yes, she knew about Buffy, but then again, she always wanted Angelus, I think even before turning Spike. She was impressed by Angelus and wanted him to respect her and notice her, after all he was her sire. The point is that Dru's feelings or whatever she felt for Spike never managed to top what she fell for Angelus and her depending on him. And then later she easily let go of Spike and just changed him on some random demon, whom she didn't even love. Yes, the Buffy factor was there and Dru could see Spike's future and her, but I think what happened between Spike/Dru was a long time coming thing, this was the only way relationship like that could end

Spuffy relationship where more than that. It was a real thing.

Old 04-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Fan Forum Legend

Good points.

Then Bangel just never could connect on a deep level. They never understood each other and were close like Spuffy. Their love only got weaker when Spuffy only grew stronger.

Bangel love almost ended the world.

Spuffy love saved the world.

Last edited by Jaime Bee; 04-24-2011 at 01:07 PM
Old 04-25-2011, 01:50 AM
Elite Fan

Bangel was only about idealization. They didn't even have a chance to prove their love. Being around a lively school girl and getting her out of trouble sometimes is easy. Being around a broken depressed young woman and fight for her love like Spike is more complecated. Bangel never grew mature. They where always juvenile and that's why it nearly ended the world. Spuffy love saved the world, because of how strong it was.

Old 04-25-2011, 07:04 AM
Fan Forum Legend

Good points.

Buffy brought out the monster in Angel but the man in Spike.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:04 AM
Obsessed Fan

Druscilla and Spike never had a sceene that I liked, it was always whatever, watch it just because I LOVE Spike!
What I love the most about BS sceenes are the one which are silience, they don´t have to talk, James and Sarah pulled that sceenes so beautiful. Why there isn´t Buffy on screen. BS Lovestory did just began
"That's the fun of it. It's waiting and waiting and dissecting every little time he does something nice thing for her, and how it makes her feel - that anticipation, that build-up" ~ Julie Plec about Damon & Elena

Jana
Old 04-25-2011, 10:00 AM
Elite Fan

Your posts are made of gold

I agree completely. I watched Spike/Dru only because they where a part of the show I loved and also because I love Spike, but I never saw anything special or impressing there. Yes, they had fun together and had a lot of "bad ass" kind of lines, but there was nothing deep about it. I wasn't surprized that it ended the way it ended. With Spuffy it was enough for them to just sit together on the porch and such a scene would be times more powerful.

And I agree. Buffy brought the monster out of Angel and aman out of Spike. Another proof why Spuffy where right for each other.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:03 AM
Fan Forum Legend

They did have some beautiful silent moments. Like in the end of FFL and when Spike realizes in was Buffy intervention and Showtime.

Oh and how could you forget when he sees her alive Afterlife.